Franck Ribery or David Silva

Which player for Left Winger?

• Franck Ribery

Votes: 47 53.4%
  • David Silva

Votes: 41 46.6%

• Total voters

Warik

Silva is left footed. I'd prefer a right footed player on the left wing, as our success is based on cutting inside. But as a choice i'd choose Silva over Ribery.

maz

I walk the line
I would definitely prefer right foot on the left as well..but my problem is we have no cover for messi. Its a tough one because its a shame to bring in a player who has no experience of la liga (ribery) and get him to replace henry who has been on fire. Titi has earnt his right to be in that forward line. I feel if we have a foward 5 of messi, silva, CF, henry and A.N.Other (e.g. bojan) then we will be covered and can rest messi and the left-footed silva can fill in for him, and we can also play silva on the left if we need to stretch the play.

Im not against the purchase of ribery. He is a quality player for sure. I just think our more pressing need is a left-footed playmaker that can play on the wing. Silva fits that bill to a tee.

maz

I walk the line
I would say henry definitely cuts inside. Iniesta not so much..he is a great dribbler so he gets inside the box and either cuts the ball back or gets a penalty.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Iniesta could control the left wing for years, shouldn't be a midfielder we're looking for? Hmmm perhaps an AMF? (once we sell Hleb that is)

PaulFCB

Banned
David, he is spanish, he is common with La Liga and he is 3 years younger.
But...in the same time my perfect combination would be buying David Villa from Valencia ( as I suppose they won't sell both, not at the same team and will play later against them ) and take Ribery then even though our offense will be Messi-Villa-Ribery and that means a height of around 1.70, we would still need a solution for someone taller as a striker.

Home of Barca Fans