Fluminense's Dario Conca to become third-highest paid player in the world.

kkkkasd

Fluminense midfielder Dario Conca will become one of the the top three highest paid players in the world with a move to Chinese side Guangzhou Evergrande, according to Globoesporte.

Guangzhou Evergrande are currently leading the Chinese Super League and are looking to strengthen their squad in a bid to push for glory.

Conca, 28, signed for Fluminense in 2009 after a season on loan at the club and has been a big hit in Brazil.

Globoesporte reports the Argentine has been offered €26.5 million for a two-and-a-half-year deal, which will see him earn approximately €10.4m a year.

This deal will be put him near the game's top earners, only behind Real Madrid's Cristiano Ronaldo and Barcelona's Lionel Messi, according to a list published by France Football in May.

Fluminense coach Abel Braga stated this is an amazing opportunity for the player and confessed he should accept it.

"This is a good offer for the club and perhaps adjectives will not be able to describe what it represents to Conca. It will allow his independence and that of his family in two and a half years," he said.

"This offer will put him in the list of the top 10 highest-paid players in the world. Let us wish for it to happen. He is a guy [who is] completely identified with the club and it will be a unique opportunity."

There has a been a fair bit of criticism over Guangzhou signing this player ( Many people saying Guangzhou could have signed some really big name European stars with this sort of deal) but I wanted to explain to readers the details of this signing (My dad watches the Chinese Super League so he knows the stuff lol)

The high income is the only way Guangzhou can get their hands on a player of Conca's quality. ONLY WAY.
Big name stars would not move to China for an extra couple of million Euros. I'm talking about players like Sneijder, Fabregas e.c.t.

So instead China has to get a player who is very good (Don't underestimate players in the Brazilian League, before this guys transfer he had a market value of six mlllion euros which is already more than many players in Europe), yet does not earn very much money.

Therefore one of the Brazilian Leagues Top Midfielders is the way to go. But even a player like Conca would not move to China for a couple of million extra(Lets be honest here, the Chinese League isn't exactly the most prestigious). So instead Guangzhou offers him like X5 times his income and his like o_o

Now THATS the reason why this dude is getting so much money.
Also the fact that the owner of Guangzhou Evergrande is like in the Forbes top 200 richest men and the Football Market in China is MASSIVE. Guangzhou will probably make back the money from this guys transfer + income within a year =\.

I bet theres some grumpy Arsenal players sitting around thinking "how come this guy gets 10 million a year and I only get 3" LOL

Last edited:

Banana-Rama

quality player, i hope he comes to europe and doesn't waste his career in the backwaters of china..............

Robbie

Whenever I hear about players going to Chinese, Arab, Uzbek or random unknown Russian teams I just call it 'early retirement' because that's exaclty what it is. A few years of vacation in a poor league, and ending up with a giant pile of money at the end of it.

desoe

That's funny. I read this in the same day when I read that Kobe Bryant is going to play in China. These commies.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I was perfectly aware that it was your attempt at a joke, it just wasn't funny at all.

kkkkasd

How am I meant to appreciate a joke that isn't funny ?

Thats like trying to enjoy expired milk.

Raspberry

Joke wasn't really the correct word, you cannot appreciate the irony.

Nah it's nothing like expired milk, because that can be made into cheese.

Home of Barca Fans