Slovenian first league

N

nejcf15

I know you guys dont know anything about our league, so I am gonna tell u little bit about it. we don't have big stadiums (biggest is cca for 13k), we don't have much audience, neither we have media support. In our league there are 10 teams, 1st goes in CL qualifications and 2nd and 3rd to EL qualifications. Last two teams are relegated to the 2nd division.

TEAMS:
  • NK Maribor - most succesful club in Slovenia
  • HIT Gorica
  • NK Rudar
  • NK Domžale
  • NK Triglav
  • NK Nafta
  • NK Mura 05
  • FC Koper
  • NK Olimpija
  • CM Celje

IMPORTANT PLAYERS:
NK Maribor:
  • CF Marcos Tavares 26 y.o. (16 goals, 15 assists)
  • CF Etien Velikonja 22 y.o. (was a top scorer of our league at the age of 20, but he get injured... 11 goals on the last 5 matches)
  • CF Robert Berić 20 y.o. (9 goals, reportedly going to Palermo)
  • CAM Agim Ibraimi 22 y.o. (New Iličić, but less skills and better shooting)

NK Olimpija
  • LB/RB Boban Jović 19 y.o. (in the top 3 fullbacks of our league)
  • CAMDare Vršić 26 y.o. (most skilled player)

NK Domžale
  • CAM Juninho 27 y.o. (very skilled, very powerful shot...)

NK Mura 05
  • CM Mitja Lotrič 16 (yeah sixteen) y.o. (I've never seen him playing, but Arsenal, Barcelona, Espanyol, Tottenham, Udinese, Palermo, Ajax have already shown interest in buying him. He played 1 game in first division and he was MOTM and in team of the week!)

Top 40 goals of the past season
[YOUTUBE]ExiLN38Gntg[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]re5yMg2Fqj8[/YOUTUBE]

TABLE:

P Team M W D L P
1. Celje 1 1 0 0 3
2. Domžale 1 1 0 0 3
3. Maribor 1 1 0 0 3
4. Mura 1 1 0 0 3
5. Triglav 1 1 0 0 3
6. Nafta 1 0 0 1 0
7. Gorica 1 0 0 1 0
8. Koper 1 0 0 1 0
9. Rudar 1 0 0 1 0
10. Olimpija 1 0 0 1 0

Last edited:

impeh

Hi, its me..
hm, interesting :)

i shall watch the videos when BT decide to fix my internet :banghead:

have any of the players been linked with moves to england/spain?

N

nejcf15

lol no. none Slovenian plays in PL atm, only 1 in history played (Robert Koren - WBA) and one teenager in Newcastle (Haris Vučkić), who still hasnt debuted in PL only at Cup (vs Chelsea and some other team - they won both games). We have one youth player in Getafe (he is 16 or 17), neither in Primera Division were many Slovenians (Branko Ilič ~2007 - Betis, Zlatko Zahović ~2000 - Valencia).

mostly players from Slovenian goes to Poland, Italy, Germany and Ukraine. Since Palermo bought Iličić and Bačinović, there are many Italian scouts on matches in our league.

W

woobie

And don't forget SAMIR, nejcf. He's a very good keeper (who will be playing in the CL next year). :D

I feel a little sorry for Maribor after Palermo snagged baciovic and ilicic last year -- do they have other promising players coming through?

N

nejcf15

Samir Handanović is playing in Italy... I've only mentioned the guys who were playing in Slovenian league this season :)

since Zlatko Zahović(he is the guy who fu*ked up penalty in CL final with Valencia) is the Maribor's sporting director, Maribor is buying all the biggest talents from our league. in the case you don't know - biggest transfer between clubs in league was 400k and biggest from the league was 2.3m euros (Iličić). Maribor sold 3 of their players in the past season for more than 1 million - all to Palermo :) past season was Maribors best after 2000 when they were in CL.

Since Milenko Ačimović (search on yt for his goal against Ukraine ^^) is Olimpija's sporting director, Olimpija is also doing extremly well and doing smart buys.

so Maribor and Olimpija are the Slovenian Barcelona and Real Madrid :)

Home of Barca Fans