Alternative For Sanchez

Alternatives For Sanchez

• Total voters

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Looks like it might not happen now. There are numerous alternatives being suggested by the Catalan media. Juan Mata, Giuseppe Rossi, Willian, Pastore, Eden Hazard. So who would you buy?

Not including Rossi here, because he isn't going to offer the same as does Sanchez. Not Cesc too of course for the same reason. Not including Eden Hazard because it's just media bull shit. If there ever was any kind of interest from the club among the players being suggested... it's in Mata, Willian & Pastore. The 'others' option is if you feel I should have included the player omitted

My choice Mata. It's really a tough choice for me to choose between Mata & Willian, all points considered. Mata just edges out because of the chemistry he has with Villa, his friendship with our players & more importantly To Rub It In Their Faces :D

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I reckon we could get two quality players in for what we would have to pay for Sanchez, perhaps Mata and Rossi?

We'd definitely need to sign a wide-forward and a striker because we look to be set to sell both Jeffren & Bojan.
But for the striker signing I'd prefer a target-man kind of striker, say a Kanoute, who's ready to be a bench player and is happy to offer what he can when called for, ala Keita. Because what Rossi offers, Villa can too! So better we equip the one missing tool too!!

Chainsaw

Killahead
I said it before and I say it again. If Barca is going to spend 40m for an attacker Sergio Aguero is the best choice. He is young, talented and proved himself for many years. Unlike Sanchez who has only caught attentions for a year and is playing in a much lower team than Atletico Madrid. Aguero has always been the best bet to me compare to Sanchez and Rossi.

If Barca is not going to spend that big then Mata is my choice. He's been my first choice all along before Aguero talks about leaving Atletico. Barca can get him for 20m. If none of 'em, then Forlan is my choice. I believe he still has two good years in him and could be a good back-up.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Would have to be Mata.

Pastore is more of an alternative for Cesc, id rather we just spent however much is required on a forward + defender and forget about Cesc. We'd probably save money + thiago :wub:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If we can't get Sanchez for a reasonable price then sign Cesc. If that fails too, go for Rossi.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
If we can't get Sanchez for a reasonable price then sign Cesc. If that fails too, go for Rossi.

I didn't make myself clear. The title should probably be 'Which Wide Forward If Not Sanchez?'
And yeah include Rossi, he of course can play out wide. Not his best position but is capable

Barcafan 2304

One thing is for sure, Barca need to sort out their priorities and make a definite decision about the likes of Sanchez and Cesc or this could be a wasted summer

jamrock

Mata is a very good player, but he won't offer us quite what sanchez would, so i wouldn't spend 20m+ on him, would rather by that kid from velez, he would be much cheaper and can do a job, save a bit of money if we aren't going to get a possible future crack.

Rossi would fit the system like a glove, and thus would be the best bet.

pastore is a pipe dream

Home of Barca Fans