Alternative For Sanchez

Alternatives For Sanchez

• Total voters

Birdy

The reasons you give to your 'Rossi better than Mata' theory is nothing but Mata is still a raw talent & that he is questionable even for Liverpool!!

Wow! Gotta admit you really justified it well... Bravo!! :yes:

You say he hasn't developed... I say he did. He showed similar consistency levels for the last 3 years. I have the stats to back me up

You say Rossi has been a leader for Villarreal, hence he should be the one to be looked upon. Then what was Mata for Valencia last season!? Did they not just lose David Villa & David Silva and were desperate for one!? Didn't Mata emerge to be just that!? Whole Spain acknowledges that!
Villarreal have superb talented players in Cazorla, Cani, Borja Valero & Nilmar... all of whom had very good seasons to support Rossi. Mata had been the main creative source and inspiration for Valencia.

Just like you cannot prove your points, you cannot prove your claim too...that I'm biased against Rossi because I am not.

First of all, the main thing i said is that he is not right now the level we want..
Secondly, i think he has not developped as expected..
You did not touch the first claim..

And οκ, i will play that game...
i will reverse the question for you..
What have YOU seen in Mata the last years that makes you think he will fit into this Barca (of today)? ( = being competitive with villa and pedro and not Boyan-like) ..
I am ready to listen to your argument and your stats, but you have to back them up with reasonable argumentation (Not :"Opta picked mata for LW" this says nothing to me..)
Also, i would like that you 'proved' that MAta is the leader of this seasons valencia, because i doubt that strongly..

[
As for me, i have to say the following:
1) Mata to me is not a player not gifted or useless.. He is a technical, nice player, with fine touches and balls, some nice movements.. But i see he has a lot of inefficiencies at the moment to be considered top level and ready for a top team (even Liverpool)..
Firs of all, he has not developed his physical characteristics yet.. Stamina, power etc.. questionable ability to face strong defenders,so..
Secondly, he has questionable defensive awareness-effort..
Great handicap that he is tactical problematic as he cuts in and tends to be drifted way too often out of position.. He is what i call a No10 ousted on the wing.. It reminds me a lot of Silva in that sense.. Silva in City never stays on the wing, thats why Mancini started to use him centrally.. If you have a clever tactical plan, this can benefit you, but in Barcelona and most teams that play the 4-3-3 the wide forwards need to be spot on tactically and always give width..

And what i said twice, is that his overall package is like Boyan's.. He is a nice talent, with promising(or seeming so) future, but he is not to rely on, especially for the top top level..

2) Rossi/
raw characteristics: greater than Mata's. Even two years before.. This is dribbling, shooting and passing..
Rossi of today: apart from emerging as a leader in his team, he has shown at least the last year, tactical efficiency, he was able to adapt his characteristics is a specific style and follow orders to implement a greater scheme for the whole team..
He has shown great consistency and his play in Villareal (Off the ball movement, relentless pressure without the ball) fits like a glove to our system.. You guys have to get rid of the 'position' label.. He plays centrally in Villareal, but the above evidence shows that he can play efficient in the wide forward position also..
Besides, it was Pep that got impressed by him in November at Camp Nou, considered he would fit in our system and start monitoring him since then..\

To me it is ridiculous to consider this rossi and this MAta.. Just that.. You might say ' i like MAta style more' but anything more, about being better than Rossi etc, is at least detached from the reality..

]

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
It is absolutely laughable to keep comparing Mata to Bojan. Mata played a crucial part in Valencia finishing 3rd last season, having to step up after Silva and Villa, their two best players, were sold in the same summer. He is full of confidence and has had the benefit of playing regular football for a couple of seasons now. He is nothing like Bojan in terms of situation or temperament.

Birdy

Mata played a crucial part in Valencia finishing 3rd last season
Yes! and i am certain that Boyan could help Valencia finish 3rd.. WE will see this year in Roma..
He is full of confidence
???????
is that a decent argument at all??
and has had the benefit of playing regular football for a couple of seasons now.
The only real advantage over Boyan of what you said..
But signing a player because he has been a regular is not really a serious argument too...

CAn you back it up with providing some evidence that this player is the level barcelona wants? Can you provide evidence that he will be something more than what Boyan has been the last two years ??
I am still waiting Estel's stats-evidence...

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
What stats evidence you want Birdy!? Mata has been directly involved in as many number of goals as did Rossi, in far fewer minutes.
Optastats included him in their team of the season not just because of the goals & direct assists per se... but also because he actually created too many goal scoring chances which won't be reflected in these stats

The talk about maturity yeah... Mata is one of those few players who proved not only against the lower Liga teams but also against Barcelona & Madrid, the best, and same can't be said about ROssi!! For all his goal scoring exploits he fucks up too many chances!! He did exactly that when he was the one who's supposed to do some thing against us

Yeah Mata has been a true leader for Valencia... Every body accepts that but you. He is now their best player but he doesn't throw tantrums and agrees for Emery's ridiculous rotating tactics.
You say he hasn't matured... Valencia lost David Villa & David Silva, their faces. With Silva in the team Mata was allowed to be just direct with his game, now with him gone the creative responsibility has fallen on his young shoulders(mind you Banega hadn't lived upto the promise he showed the previous season) and he took it up well. That shows the maturity. He also led the U21 team well, led them to win the tournament.... All that with very good consistency. What have I seen to suggest he has been good!? That's what I have seen! I have seen him evolve his game. He now involves a lot with the game, gets deep for the ball, provides an outlet for the mid field.

The development!? He did things well as a boy, as a nobody, when people didn't concentrate on him much... Now he is the star man, the feared man of Valencia, the one you want to cut out to silence them. But he still finds a way!! THAT is the DEVELOPMENT my friend.

I have nothing against ROssi. But please don't suggest that Mata is nothing compared to him when he led his team further up than that Rossi did. When he's been consistently one of the best players of Valencia.
Oh btw, Mata has attracted Pep's interest long before Rossi did. And he still does it

Birdy

Mata has attracted Pep's interest in a different way..
Pep was probably (and is) waiting for Mata to become mature.. To get away from the talent regime..

What you say are general opinions, derived mostly from your personal likes i reckon..

You cannot prove me that this man was the leader of Valencia.. Their best/most promising player with the best possible sale income yes! i back that too..
But there is no evidence he has developped himself in a leader..
There are traits that differentiate the stars and the leaders from the just promising, uprising or utility players..
Messi is the leader of Barcelona and Rossi is that of Villareal (no matter what you say about missed chances)..

And how do you conclude that he was the leader of U21 spain? how he was more of a leader than Thiago??

He is a good player, but he has not come of age yet, he has not break into maturity... HE has still way..

Mata or Eden Hazard, but tbh, i want someone with a bit of height that's a bit different to Pedro, i wouldn't have minded Gervinho because he's got height and plays on the wing but alas it looks like he's signing for Arsenal. I don't want Neymar under any circumstances

Home of Barca Fans