Alternative For Sanchez

Alternatives For Sanchez

• Total voters

Birdy

Mata is cheaper than Rossi... We´d have more money to spend elsewhere.

Rossi is a top drawer signing, Mata is a Boyan in disguise..
we were writing so many pages comparing him with Sanchez and now suddenly Mata becomes better option because he is cheap???

we obviously need a top wide forward upfront..
Get your Mata out of here..

impeh

Hi, its me..
For me, mata has been very good for a while now, even when silva and villa were both at valencia he showed he still deserved a spot in the team, and now with them gone i think they should build the team around him. Rossi has had one awesome season, not sure how many goals he got this year but it must have been atleast 35? but in previous seasons he hasnt really convinced me..

I think mata/sanchez can play on the wings better than rossi, but when messi needs a rest (and he will after playing too much this season + the copa) we do need a goalscorer..

whoever we get, theyre all very young , so our front line will be sorted for quite a while.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
How can you rate Mata over Rossi is beyond me really...

yeah one season wonder Rossi is miles ahead of one of the consistent & effective players of the league :worthy:

You know what? optastats' team of the season has Mata ahead of Rossi for the LF position, mind you this has been when Rossi had the best of his times... and there's a bloody good reason for that

Guardian

What Barca really need is a solid centre back and an experienced forward like Larsson. This should be the main targets. Guardiola can't rely on Puyol and Abidal or Mascherano, fresh power is needed. Maybe Sakho, Botia, Hummels, Vidal who had great season and all are ready to compete at highest level. As for the Larsson type of a player Barca can go for Trezeguet, Drogba (if he isn't that expensive), Guiza, Fabiano (if he improves his form) or someone of their calibre. These players can be brought for around 20M and the rest of the budget can be invested in someone like Mata, Cazorla or why not Ricky Alvarez? Hopefully the managerial staff will do the best for the club

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Stick with La Masia. All this transfer bollocks is just for Rosell's ego and to sell shirts to the new glory hunter fans.

Birdy

You know what? optastats' team of the season has Mata ahead of Rossi for the LF position, mind you this has been when Rossi had the best of his times... and there's a bloody good reason for that

Yeah! sure... with one slight difference.. That football is not basketball and the stats can say a lot but can also say nothing at all...
And i really dont know how this stat is derived and really dont know if it has to do with rossi playing CF all year long...

Take everything else away and consider the raw characteristics of the two players.. There is no comparison.. Rossi has better raw characteristics..
Rossi was better than what Mata is now 3 years ago, when he was considered still a talent..

yeah one season wonder Rossi is miles ahead of one of the consistent & effective players of the league :worthy:
This shows that you are biased against rossi.. And its not only the goals..
He is gradually improving every year.. This season he was Villareal's leader.. And after this he is proven enough to join a top club...
Mata need hell lot of work and effort to reach that and evidence to convice us about it..

you might like Mata a lot, but the sad true is that Mata is like Boyan..
He is just a talent, hasnot proven anything yet, has tactical defficiencies and there is a huge questionmark in his improvemet the last 2 years..
So? Why selling Boyan if we want a player like Mata..
MAta is questionable even for Liverpool... How can he stand in Barcelona?
We want a player as good as Pedro to rotate with him and villa... WE dont want a new Boyan or a new Jeffren, which Pep would not trust at all..

Barcafan 2304

I just hope we gat a forward in after Cesc. Don't think we will have enough for Sanchez but we NEED another forward. Rossi must be looked at

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah! sure... with one slight difference.. That football is not basketball and the stats can say a lot but can also say nothing at all...
And i really dont know how this stat is derived and really dont know if it has to do with rossi playing CF all year long...

Take everything else away and consider the raw characteristics of the two players.. There is no comparison.. Rossi has better raw characteristics..
Rossi was better than what Mata is now 3 years ago, when he was considered still a talent..

This shows that you are biased against rossi.. And its not only the goals..
He is gradually improving every year.. This season he was Villareal's leader.. And after this he is proven enough to join a top club...
Mata need hell lot of work and effort to reach that and evidence to convice us about it..

you might like Mata a lot, but the sad true is that Mata is like Boyan..
He is just a talent, hasnot proven anything yet, has tactical defficiencies and there is a huge questionmark in his improvemet the last 2 years..
So? Why selling Boyan if we want a player like Mata..
MAta is questionable even for Liverpool... How can he stand in Barcelona?
We want a player as good as Pedro to rotate with him and villa... WE dont want a new Boyan or a new Jeffren, which Pep would not trust at all..

The reasons you give to your 'Rossi better than Mata' theory is nothing but Mata is still a raw talent & that he is questionable even for Liverpool!!

Wow! Gotta admit you really justified it well... Bravo!! :yes:

You say he hasn't developed... I say he did. He showed similar consistency levels for the last 3 years. I have the stats to back me up

You say Rossi has been a leader for Villarreal, hence he should be the one to be looked upon. Then what was Mata for Valencia last season!? Did they not just lose David Villa & David Silva and were desperate for one!? Didn't Mata emerge to be just that!? Whole Spain acknowledges that!
Villarreal have superb talented players in Cazorla, Cani, Borja Valero & Nilmar... all of whom had very good seasons to support Rossi. Mata had been the main creative source and inspiration for Valencia.

Just like you cannot prove your points, you cannot prove your claim too...that I'm biased against Rossi because I am not.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Mata or Rossi for me, both have a great left foot, Rossi is a better goal threat though. I voted Mata as I think he'd be cheaper, but I'd be happy with either. Honestly though assuming we sign Cesc for around 40m Euros, how much are we going to have to spend on one of these players, even with Jeffren/Bojan cash?

Home of Barca Fans