Who would you sign between Cesc or Sanchez this season?

Fabregas or Sanchez?

• Cesc Fabregas, we need backup in the midfield

Votes: 49 23.6%
  • Alexis Sanchez, we need backup for our offense

Votes: 128 61.5%
  • Neither of them this season

Votes: 31 14.9%

• Total voters

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I voted Sanchez eventhough I'm inclining to "neither" considering the prices and the fact we aren't in a desperate need for anyone.
Why Sanchez over Cesc? I think our midfield is stacked already and we also have some interesting midfielders in our B team like Sergi Roberto or Romeu. So if it's going to be a choice between those 2, I say go for a forward.

E

estranged

Sanchez/Rossi...a forward is more needed right now, Cesc can wait till next year. Though somehow if both come this season then we need minimal reinforcements over the next 2/3 years.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Cesc all day (and don't sell Jeffren)

I have more faith in Afellay & Jeffren to plug holes up-top than any of the midfielders to cover for Xaviesta.

that said, if we don't sign Cesc now my hunch is we may not need to. if he doesn't come Thiago will get his minutes and Pukkelpop will get Thiago's minutes. that could kick them on to the point where we can rely on them as regular first-teamers for a long-ass time.

knicks

Do ya feel lucky, punk?
Fabregas costs too much, 50 milion..but not just because of that,I just hate that he's hearing Wenger.

Sanchez<3.

cloned warrior

I think with villa Pedro messi afellay Jeffren we have enough forwards so it's nit a desperate situation + they have gone mad asking 45 - 50 million idiots

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Cesc all day (and don't sell Jeffren)

I have more faith in Afellay & Jeffren to plug holes up-top than any of the midfielders to cover for Xaviesta.

that said, if we don't sign Cesc now my hunch is we may not need to. if he doesn't come Thiago will get his minutes and Pukkelpop will get Thiago's minutes. that could kick them on to the point where we can rely on them as regular first-teamers for a long-ass time.

Who is Pukkelpop now!?

Why not update your sig with all the nick names like in old days!?

Ilúvatar

sanchez ofc.

fuck fabregas, he is soo crap. last year he wanted sign to us, but now? he scared and he stepped back.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
How can people say we are stacked in attack compared to mid field when we have 7 mid fielders(Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Thiago, Afellay, Masch and Keita) while we only have 5 forwards(Messi, Villa, Pedro, Bojan & Jeffren)!?

With Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Thiago, Afellay and Busi...there's enough creativity too

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Where's the option for both?

Both are players from a very small handful that can actually improve our team, so we should want to buy both. Make it happen Sandro!

USWAY

How can people say we are stacked in attack compared to mid field when we have 7 mid fielders(Xavi, Iniesta, Busi, Thiago, Afellay, Masch and Keita) while we only have 5 forwards(Messi, Villa, Pedro, Bojan & Jeffren)!?

With Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Thiago, Afellay and Busi...there's enough creativity too

Affelay is not a Barca midfielder, strictly a winger.

Sanchez. I'm pretty happy with MVP, obviously. And Affelay, unlike Bojan, is a guy who excels in the last 15-20 minutes of a game because he's so explosive on the wings. Sanchez would complete that and he just fits so perfectly with his skill set, work rate, size :lol:. He just needs to work passing (a bit) and finishing. When we looked we looked sloppy towards the end last year because Pedro and Villa weren't scoring, it sucked that Bojan was useless, Jeffren was useless/injured, and Affelay, even though he did somethings like the cross to Messi to put the CL against RM away, wasn't yet full integrated into the Barca system because he was a January transfer. Let's make sure that doesn't happen.

Soon I'm going to be neither because he is NOT worth as much as Cesc though.

adil_909

Where's the option for both?

Both are players from a very small handful that can actually improve our team, so we should want to buy both. Make it happen Sandro!

with what money? are you going to hold charity car washes outside the nou camp to raise money for these sales?

And Affelay, unlike Bojan, is a guy who excels in the last 15-20 minutes of a game because he's so explosive on the wings.

you clearly have only seen one or two games of his if thats what you think, yeah he had a great assist to messi, but he's a much better player than just that. watch his old games, you'll see what i mean. he's not just an impact sub, he has the potential to be a star at barca, but only if we give him a chance and stop pandering to overpriced players like sanchez.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Let's not get personal dude.
Interesting results so far. I thought Cesc would win the poll but I guess after all this time expecting him to come many have become disenchanted.

Home of Barca Fans