3 years Guardiola

Birdy

Exactly 3 years ago, barcelona made the official presentation of Pepe Guardiola as the first team coach.. During the press comference, he explained his project..

Some quotes of that Day :
“I feel I won’t let you down. I feel that I’m ready. If I didn’t feel that I was ready I wouldn’t be sitting here in front of you”.
“I believe strongly in hard work, effort and talent”
"I believe there’s absolutely nothing to complain about this squad”
“I can’t do this on my own. I’m not capable. I need my people”
“It’ll be very hard but believe me, I will persist to the end. Right to the very end I’ll be there to go forward. It’s very difficult but at the same time very gratifying”.
“I’d like to promise titles but that would be a huge mistake. Nobody can do that and least of all a coach”.
“I have the feeling that people will be proud of us. I’m convinced of it. We’ll have a year when everyone will enjoy themselves”.
“You’ll see a team that respects a way of playing, a footballing philosophy
"We have to go after each game, I'm an absolute fan of attacking football. If I see the ball close to the opposite goal, I'm more relaxed. I've read that we're only buying defenders, but we'll attack better when we have a better defence. We'll play with three guys up front and midfielders who are pushing forward."
"I believe in talent and hard work. I want to see the team running. People should be proud cause they see the players are giving everything on the pitch. I want every player, also the forwards, to feel partly guilty when the opponent scores a goal. I can forgive them if they play bad, but not if they don't work."
"I'm sure I'll be offered a great squad. I cannot do everthing on my own. It's me who is in charge of the transfers, I'm the one who takes the decisions. But I'm not the one who pays and signs the players. For us, it's clear which players we want to sign and which players we want to let go. Márquez is part of my plans."
"We'll take five to seven players to the pre-season training camp. We'll see how the squad will be composed and then we'll decide who's going to stay."
“in principle none of Ronaldinho, Deco or Eto’o are on our minds. We will be building a squad without them … but if they end up staying with us, I will give them a lifeline to get back to their best level"
Guardiola said he is after a centre forward “that is very good and who can complement Henry and Bojan”
He said he wished to establish a set of rules, some of which have already been proposed, because it is important “to be able to work as calmly as possible … on days before and after games we will train behind closed doors”.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/web/english/noticies/futbol/temporada07-08/06/n080617104590.html

Thank Pep for those wonderful three years...
Thanks to the people that have chosen Pep... The Bigest hit or recent barcelona history...

Myrmecophile

Mr. Japes
nnr5fr.gif

Clockwise

Buccaneer
wcmOe.jpg

Thanks for these awesome 3 years, Pep. What more can a cule ask of you?

haha that gif is great

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans