Qatar FC

Jair Ventura

PSG played tonight and here where they are 15 days before facing Chelsea:

- Still no clear tactics
- Cavani can't even control a ball nor even make good passes. His attempts at scoring are horrible, and when he's trying to defend, he commits fouls.
- Ibra seems to have lost it. he's walking, not doing anything. When he can do a simple pass, he tries something spectacular but it ends up being awful.
- Lavezzi is a lost cause.
- Pastore is injured.
- DL is a joke. Motta, same.
- Verratti is doing average and don't seem to be in good terms at all with Blanc. Blanc trashed him a bit during the press conf post game.
- Blanc

+ Marquinhos now plays as a regular as RB and is doing great. He's the best psg player since september and had to wait almost 6 months to become a regular.
+ TS is back at a good level. Let's see if he can even go higher.

Unless a miracle happens, it's done.

Well, Chelsea hasn't been in great form either as of late so that may soften what otherwise would be a ugly game in their favor. Agree with just about all of your observations though. PSG's game is a horror to watch right now. I'm at a loss with what's happened to Cavani, Motta too for that matter. Really hoping those rumors about Simeone have truth to them, would go a long way in improving the club.

I'd add that Lucas has been about as good as Marquinhos this season. He's been one of the few bright spots for Paris and is on his way to one day being world class if he can improve his vision and striking.

Bertus

Alessandro Cavoni, Motta's agent:

"There hasn't had any tangible transfert possibility that he could have signed in Italy this winter. he's happy in Paris. If he was on the market, many clubs would be interested but that's not the case. Thiago is married to PSG!".

Of course, I'd argue all trusted sources like Le_Parisien said he wanted to leave but he didn't find any good offer.

Alen

Alessandro Cavoni, Motta's agent:

Of course, I'd argue all trusted sources like Le_Parisien said he wanted to leave but he didn't find any good offer.

Would PSG need to buy a replacement for him or is Cabaye up to it?

Bertus

Would PSG need to buy a replacement for him or is Cabaye up to it?
The board is not happy with what they tried to do in trying to recruit french players. So if Motta leaves, I can't say for sure Cabaye will take his slot.

Also, there's the EURO 2016 in France. It was heavily rumored before this winter mercato that people close to Cabaye said he should move next summer if his situation at PSG doesn't improve.

And it didn't improve at all. He's a sub, and he didn't participate in any recent important games. Only Blanc still trusts him a bit, but as said by Daniel Riolo from RMC (in the radio night show Afterfoot) who said he has sources from PSG dressing room:

- No one besides some players like Cabaye listen to Blanc anymore.
- Blanc already is aware he will be fired whatever happens from now.

Now maybe the next coach will persuade him to stay, but Cabaye knows he has to play more often if he wants to play the EURO 2016.

Last edited:

Alen

The board is not happy with what they tried to do in trying to recruit french players. So if Motta leaves, I can't say for sure Cabaye will take his slot.

Also, there's the EURO 2016 in France. It was heavily rumored before this winter mercato that people close to Cabaye said he should move next summer if his situation at PSG doesn't improve.

And it didn't improve at all. He's a sub, and he didn't participate in any recent important games. Only Blanc still trusts him a bit, but as said by Daniel Riolo from RMC (in the radio night show Afterfoot) who said he has sources from PSG dressing room:

- No one besides some players like Cabaye listen to Blanc anymore.
- Blanc already is aware he will be fired whatever happens from now.

Now maybe the next coach will persuade him to stay, but Cabaye knows he has to play more often if he wants to play the EURO 2016.

I don't think he is what they need. It would be a waste to not buy a good DM, a trio with Verratti and Matuidi can be very good.

Barcadub

Supposedly made all 3 subs and then 2 players got injured and had to play with 9 men towards the end of the game.

Home of Barca Fans