Qatar FC

stb_1

Is it just me or are PSG trying to swagger jack Barca?

Signed Neymar, even made their kits very similar to Barca now, both home and away. Massive Brazilian contingent. Might all be coincidences, but it seems PSG are trying to mould themselves on Barca's brand.

serghei

Signed Neymar, even made their kits very similar to Barca now, both home and away. Massive Brazilian contingent. Might all be coincidences, but it seems PSG are trying to mould themselves on Barca's brand.

Of course they're trying to mimic Barcelona, that's not news.

FinBarcelonafan

They should take Coutinho from us. Or let's call it a hijack and they would be happy to do it for 200 mil.. Perfect plan and another Brazilian.

KingLeo10

QSG was born when Nasser was in the box at the Camp Nou watching us destroy a billion dollar Real Madrid team 5-0.

It's no secret we've been his ultimate aim.

Newcomer

QSG was born when Nasser was in the box at the Camp Nou watching us destroy a billion dollar Real Madrid team 5-0.

It's no secret we've been his ultimate aim.

https://www.sofoot.com/IMG/img_580_380_center_articles-169213.jpg

Though, he knew about PSG way before that time.
And, of course, Barcelona and Real Madrid are the models. They are the most succesful clubs in the last decade. If you want to be the best, you have to try and emulate the best. Nothing wrong with that.
Neymar and Mbappé were the galacticos signing to help PSG branding like Perez did in his time. And those two players are the one most talked about when people talk about Real galacticos material.
PSG had tried to play possession football since Qatari take over, especially under Blanc who wanted to play like Barcelona.

So far, i could say the work has been well done in marketing and branding. However, that can only get you so far when you don't show up in European competition knock out.

Newcomer

Well maybe you don't know PSG but there has always been a lot of brazilians in the club. Raï, Leonardo, Valdo, Ronaldinho, Ricardo and the more recent ones you know.

How is PSG similar to Barcelona ? We have red and blue shirt since a long time (Hechter) in the 70's. If anything, Nike is doing shit things with our colors and designs. We play in black or white in Champions League, we had a yellow shirt as away kit last year, this year the away kit looked like a Real Madrid kit. The red kit of 2010 was cool though.

As for Neymar, the guy is a big talent. I don't see a club that wouldn't want Neymar if available and within their budget. It is really a no brainer. I think if they could have got either Messi or CR7 before Neymar, they would have come for them, just because those players can win a game by themselves.

I get you are new to football though and didn't know much of PSG before the Qatari takeover, so this must be the reason why you get that confusion.

Newcomer

I think you got that impression because of this kit of Barcelona : https://www.google.com/search?q=bar...UIDigB&biw=1696&bih=872#imgrc=EiNJlvtzIu2DKM:

However, this is a prime example of Nike doing their shithousery since Barca is supposed to have several stripes of blue and red (since a century).

If you really think PSG is copying Barca because of that shirt, that may indicate you don't really know your true colors. This is not a traditional Barca shirt, the same way PSG is not a traditional shirt (although it is closer to an Hechter shirt with it only missing the white stripes than it is close to a Barca shirt).

stb_1

Well maybe you don't know PSG but there has always been a lot of brazilians in the club. Raï, Leonardo, Valdo, Ronaldinho, Ricardo and the more recent ones you know.

How is PSG similar to Barcelona ? We have red and blue shirt since a long time (Hechter) in the 70's. If anything, Nike is doing shit things with our colors and designs. We play in black or white in Champions League, we had a yellow shirt as away kit last year, this year the away kit looked like a Real Madrid kit. The red kit of 2010 was cool though.

As for Neymar, the guy is a big talent. I don't see a club that wouldn't want Neymar if available and within their budget. It is really a no brainer. I think if they could have got either Messi or CR7 before Neymar, they would have come for them, just because those players can win a game by themselves.

I get you are new to football though and didn't know much of PSG before the Qatari takeover, so this must be the reason why you get that confusion.

I'm 27 and have been watching football my whole life. It's just an impression I got. I mean, it wouldn't be a BAD team to try and copy. Yes, their shirt is very similar to Barca's that year. The possession football, etc. I respect PSG though, they have always had a good academy.

Newcomer

I'm 27 and have been watching football my whole life. It's just an impression I got. I mean, it wouldn't be a BAD team to try and copy. Yes, their shirt is very similar to Barca's that year. The possession football, etc. I respect PSG though, they have always had a good academy.

Yeah, no problem. I informed you with things maybe you didn't know about PSG (the brazilian tradition which is one of the reason Ronaldinho came there in his Europe debut).

Sadly, Nike is doing what they want with kits. I don't think the club has much to say int hat matters. What i have read about that is club are presented like 3 to 5 designs by Nike and then they discuss and pick the best one.

Remember the whole Tottenham kit being similar with Barca training kit ? Nothing about copying, just Nike things...

About our academy, we seem to have nothing special coming in next upcoming years though. We already lost our promising players like Zagadou (Dortmund), Adli (Bordeaux), Gomes (Manchester City) and with the way it is going, the youth players are more and more going for the big paycheck. So they don't even prioritize a signing in the club they have been raised and goes for the one that offers the most before they have even signed pro contract. Our next promising youngsters is a left back, Zagre, who is 16. He is really techincally gifted but he is very very tiny. Hope he will be able to cope with the physicality in profesisonal football.

Last edited:

serghei

New kids on the block always try to copy and follow the footsteps of legends. It's the same in any domain. New movie directors try to copy Coppolla and Scorsese, new tennis players try to learn some tricks from Federer and Nadal. Leaders in a field always inspire the rest to be better by setting the standard. It's not a mere coincidence that the Qataris have decided to invest in football after Pep's Barcelona blew everyone away with their football. Just like it's said that Abramovich decided to invest in football after watching that show of a game United - Madrid 4-3.

Nothing wrong with that. Even Barcelona have been created after FC Basel.

Last edited:

Newcomer

New kids on the block always try to copy and follow the footsteps of legends. It's the same in any domain. New movie directors try to copy Coppolla and Scorsese, new tennis players try to learn some tricks from Federer and Nadal. Leaders in a field always inspire the rest to be better by setting the standard. It's not a mere coincidence that the Qataris have decided to invest in football after Pep's Barcelona blew everyone away with their football. Just like it's said that Abramovich decided to invest in football after watching that show of a game United - Madrid 4-3.

Nothing wrong with that. Even Barcelona have been created after FC Basel.

Yup and i adressed those things with PSG following Real Madrid branding process with "galacticos" signing and Barcelona "playstyle".

However, the love for brazilian, the red and blue predominant shirt colours and the purchase of one of the best player in the world in Neymar are not signs PSG is copying anyone. The first 2 things are deeply rooted in their identity, long time before Qatar came in, and the last one is just common sense. Everyone would buy 25 y.o. Neymar if available and money is not a problem.

Just correcting the mistakes made here, not the overall though which is correct. Real Madrid and Barcelona are the most successful clubs in the last decade. Thus, they are certainly doing something right other are not doing.

serghei

Yup and i adressed those things with PSG following Real Madrid branding process with "galacticos" signing and Barcelona "playstyle".

However, the love for brazilian, the red and blue predominant shirt colours and the purchase of one of the best player in the world in Neymar are not signs PSG is copying anyone. The first 2 things are deeply rooted in their identity, long time before Qatar came in, and the last one is just common sense. Everyone would buy 25 y.o. Neymar if available and money is not a problem.

Just correcting the mistakes made here, not the overall though which is correct. Real Madrid and Barcelona are the most successful clubs in the last decade. Thus, they are certainly doing something right other are not doing.

Yep, I can agree with that.

I know I make fun of PSG a lot, but I remember their good team in the 90s with Rai, Simone and Maurice. My local team is Steaua Bucharest. We won 3-0 in the first leg back in 97 or 98 and lost 0-5 in Paris. :D They have had a connection with Brazilian players which precedes the Qatari takeover. Also, back then their kits where mainly blue with red and white.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans