Qatar FC

Jair Ventura

Not bad at all.

24ctk0j.jpg

I like that shirt a lot.

Newcomer

Wenger close to PSG according to reliable german source SID.
He should very soon take the sporting director position of Antero Henrique.

Newcomer

https://twitter.com/hboos95/status/1096445526474674177

That guy is the only one that announced the Accor-PSG link before.

According to his source that gave him the previous information, it would be 75 M/year until 2022.

I very doubt that number, it seems way too big. He is not confident either and is just reporting what his trusted source told him.

Tomorrow the is a press conference but they prolly won't disclose any number.

The press conference confirmed it is indeed a 3 year contract with 3 more as an option. So it is becoming highly credible that it is 75 M€ per year. Would be top 1/2 sponsorship kit in the world.

El Gato

Villarato!
People proper underestimate PSG. Like, on most avenues, financial or sport. Compare what they have now to what they had when Nasser first arrived. Man is taking the good bits from the Perez blueprint, even if it's taking a bit longer to do what they want to do.

Newcomer

People proper underestimate PSG. Like, on most avenues, financial or sport. Compare what they have now to what they had when Nasser first arrived. Man is taking the good bits from the Perez blueprint, even if it's taking a bit longer to do what they want to do.

Oh, you said it.

Often, people see PSG doing business as vanity project but they are indeed following the path of Perez. The latter explained himself how important was the Galacticos era for Real Madrid development. It didn't bear fruit instantly on pitch but it helped rebuild Real Madrid brand to become the financial behemot they are today.

I doubt PSG will hit those heights any time soon, especially because of Ligue 1 overall image and our lack of CL success. However, we are growing fast and going into the good direction.

Jair Ventura

Oh, you said it.

Often, people see PSG doing business as vanity project but they are indeed following the path of Perez. The latter explained himself how important was the Galacticos era for Real Madrid development. It didn't bear fruit instantly on pitch but it helped rebuild Real Madrid brand to become the financial behemot they are today.

I doubt PSG will hit those heights any time soon, especially because of Ligue 1 overall image and our lack of CL success. However, we are growing fast and going into the good direction.

If PSG wins the champions league this season it'll be mission accomplished. Kids from all over the world will leap to the Neymar and Kylian bandwagons.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
75m per year would beat out Manchester United to be the highest one in the world.

There is no doubt from the financial perspective few can top PSG's potential since they are owned by Qatar, if there is no FFP they can probably outspend everybody except perhaps City. From a commercial perspective they are riding on Neymar and increasingly Mbappe's potential to be the biggest thing after Messi/Ronaldo so it is totally understandable. From the sporting perspective it remains to be seen if PSG will just be a magnet of the best French players or become a magnet for the best players in the world, you know, reaching the level of Real Madrid/Barca/United/Bayern etc. to be tier 1, to the point that you will have non-French players saying "Since I was a kid I dreamed of one day playing for PSG". That day may or may not come, but it will definitely take time. Certainly having a ton of money will attract a lot of great players for them. First things first for PSG is to win a CL trophy. Perhaps this season is finally the time.

Jair Ventura

Won’t take as long as you think tbh, especially if you use Barca as a reference point. 15 years ago they were the 10th largest brand in football, now they’re comfortably top 3. Keep in mind that a lot of French youth have been and will continue grow up with PSG as the premier club of French football. So I definitely believe a European title can put them over the top.

Going to need to put United away and get lucky with the draw though.

Also, United’s power/influence is going to wane if they don’t start winking again soon.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Won’t take as long as you think tbh, especially if you use Barca as a reference point. 15 years ago they were the 10th largest brand in football, now they’re comfortably top 3. Keep in mind that a lot of French youth have been and will continue grow up with PSG as the premier club of French football. So I definitely believe a European title can put them over the top.

Going to need to put United away and get lucky with the draw though.

Also, United’s power/influence is going to wane if they don’t start winking again soon.

We were the 10th largest 15 years ago? Which 9 clubs were ahead of us? Before 2003 we won one CL, four UEFA Cup Winners' Cup whose significance was only next to the CL and two UEFA Super Cups.

No doubt PSG will have a lot of pull on French players, but I think French players long have the tradition of going abroad to play, unlike German players. So the best French players might still be pulled to join some of the best La Liga and EPL teams, in addition to PSG. If Ligue 1 remains as weak as it is perceived to be, PSG alone will not absorb all the best French players. And will non-French players prefer PSG to La Liga and EPL clubs?

I think you need to win a CL to start that process, but I don't think one CL trophy alone will put you ahead of the other elite clubs.

Lastly, Manchester United have been lackluster for years but there is no indication their power and influence are waning. They are still generating top revenues, especially commercial revenues, their brand name is extremely strong as they continue to attract sponsors. If I am not mistaken Manchester United is the club that has the most sponsors (60+).

Newcomer

Verratti seems to be hitting his best form. Paredes seems very good technically and press resistant, a good shot and good at taking free kick or corner. He tackles like Verratti which isn't so good though, but funny.

FinBarcelonafan

I was watching the game a bit. French league is very low level. Dijon players can't even challenge Paris players physically. They looked too slow and old compared to Paris. First touch awful compared to LaLiga. It must be easy in France..

El Gato

Villarato!
I was watching the game a bit. French league is very low level. Dijon players can't even challenge Paris players physically. They looked too slow and old compared to Paris. First touch awful compared to LaLiga. It must be easy in France..

Shoulda watched the mighty La Liga pre-noughties, lol

KingLeo10

Shoulda watched the mighty La Liga pre-noughties, lol

yeah...

Cruyff, Distefano, Puskas, Gento, Luis Suarez (the original), Romario, Maradona, Laudrup, Butragueno's 5 liga in a row Madrid, Barca Dream Team...

:lol::lol::lol: definitely dijon mustand tier players/competition

Home of Barca Fans