Qatar FC

Lutece FC

Agreed with you on the second sentence definitely. The first one, not so much. There is only enough that money can buy. It is the French league after all. Unless one totally bends over for money like some of those players who came here to China, the best players will not want to go join PSG on sporting reasons.
In the future French football can't stay at a shameful level. We have excellent academies and the money will come back, not with french investors (they prefer to invest in culture : museums, cinema ...) but with foreign investors like Paris or Monaco. It's a question of time. It's a bad era for french football (except Paris.) But a come back is possible. If i am a player, with the same salary, I will prefer to live in Bordeaux or Lyon than Manchester or Liverpool.

JamDav1982

In the future French football can't stay at a shameful level. We have excellent academies and the money will come back, not with french investors (they prefer to invest in culture : museums, cinema ...) but with foreign investors like Paris or Monaco. It's a question of time. It's a bad era for french football (except Paris.) But a come back is possible. If i am a player, with the same salary, I will prefer to live in Bordeaux or Lyon than Manchester or Liverpool.

Why have billionaires not been investing more in French football already?

There is no real tv money there or exposure and to even be successful domestically the money ploughed in would have to be massive to get anywhere near PSG.

Seems to me one of the last league billionaires will be investing in. There is too little to gain.

Jair Ventura

Why have billionaires not been investing more in French football already?

They have?

There is no real tv money there or exposure and to even be successful domestically the money ploughed in would have to be massive to get anywhere near PSG.

beIN sports is the fastest growing entity of it's kind in the world, having just penned record deals with media distributors in Spain & France over the last few months.

Seems to me one of the last league billionaires will be investing in. There is too little to gain.

PSG and Monaco are huge success stories. What are you talking about?

Nucky

Chelsea winning it was a surprise to all.. In that season they were crap in Premier League, finished 6th if I remember correctly.. And it was also a big luck.. Specially against us in semi final.. What we missed in those two games.. Maybe one day PSG will win it but not anytime soon..

barcafan161

Chelsea winning it was a surprise to all.. In that season they were crap in Premier League, finished 6th if I remember correctly.. And it was also a big luck.. Specially against us in semi final.. What we missed in those two games.. Maybe one day PSG will win it but not anytime soon..

I also don't think lack of comp in their league doesn't help them in UCL personally..rest is good but not being tested isn't great

barcafan161

Yeah, look what happened to us in 2013. And Bayern in 2014.

Honestly I can see both sides to the argument. I guess it can work both ways. PSG are good enough to make at least the semis and I think they would fancy their chances against anybody but Barca/Bayern. They played Real well in the two meetings and it was well balanced.

BarçaBarça

Honestly I can see both sides to the argument. I guess it can work both ways. PSG are good enough to make at least the semis and I think they would fancy their chances against anybody but Barca/Bayern. They played Real well in the two meetings and it was well balanced.

They are obsessed with CL, so the main danger would be to be too fired up if things doesn't go their way in the next CL-game. I would like to see them go up against RM or Atletico. That would be a real test for them, and we could asses their level this year better than if they meet clearly better or worse teams (I'm not sure they would make it).

barcafan161

They are obsessed with CL, so the main danger would be to be too fired up if things doesn't go their way in the next CL-game. I would like to see them go up against RM or Atletico. That would be a real test for them, and we could asses their level this year better than if they meet clearly better or worse teams (I'm not sure they would make it).

Hope we don't get them for a change if anything.

Guessing we could get anybody? Not done on seeds at this point is it?

PhilS

I could see PSG winning UCL this year. The best team does not always win. With only 5 games left after this round, I think there are 5 teams who could get hot and get the trophy (in order):
Barca
Bayern
RM
PSG, or maybe above RM
Atletico, you can't count out any team that can defend as well as Atletico.

Barca has the best chance, I'd put our guys at better than even money against the entire field.

Catalan Fan

I could see PSG winning UCL this year. The best team does not always win. With only 5 games left after this round, I think there are 5 teams who could get hot and get the trophy (in order):
Barca
Bayern
RM
PSG, or maybe above RM
Atletico, you can't count out any team that can defend as well as Atletico.

Barca has the best chance, I'd put our guys at better than even money against the entire field.

I don't see PSG winning this year, or any time soon.

Two horse race for me, with Barca favs and Munich as the only other team that can win it.I don't think the other teams come close as things stand.

Home of Barca Fans