Qatar FC

Bertus

Good.PSG need it to not get totally embarrassed in this tie.:lucho:

Don't worry for PSG, I don't think they can beat that embarrassing 7-0 from Bayern to Barca 2 years ago ;)

Joke asides. As a fan of both clubs, I don't understand the need to come and bait here since you know there are some fans lurking here (I'm not the only one).

PSG is not even a club that is seen as an enemy (like RM is) here.

zanela

Don't worry for PSG, I don't think they can beat that embarrassing 7-0 from Bayern to Barca 2 years ago ;)

Joke asides. As a fan of both clubs, I don't understand the need to come and bait here since you know there are some fans lurking here (I'm not the only one).

Excuse the arrogance of my fellow culés (there seem to be too many these days). Always getting ahead of themselves, and talking down potential opponents etc. I, for one, don't think the tie is over. We still 've full 90 mins to play. To overturn the deficit may seem difficult on surface, but given the circumstances - the fatigue, complacency, return of some of your more imp. players is bound to show on the pitch. An early PSG goal, poor refeering, individual mistakes, there are so many variables to consider. Furthermore, your team elim. CHL in their own den, whilst overcoming a handicap. There's no certainty in football when there is so much to play. Barca may seem fav atm, but PSG's task as much as it may seem daunting are still in it. I'm still wary about this fixture, and so should our squad.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

It's all just friendly banter. At least it is from me. I have nothing against PSG, I actually like them since Pauleta played there.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
If we can't even be optimistic on a barça board ..

I like PSG, would have cheered for them against any other team, but since it's barça, they are going down !!! :)

xavi_the_Boss

I was just joking around but i don´t think PSG can make a comeback but it won´t be a embarrassment either.
I think it will be narrow win for barca or a draw in the return leg.

Bertus

I was just joking around but i don´t think PSG can make a comeback but it won´t be a embarrassment either.
I think it will be narrow win for barca or a draw in the return leg.

I actually think PSG's backside will get spanked even harder next week.

From a PSG fan point of view, I can't be confident when Blanc actually said today that cavani and Sirigu were not bad last wednesday. Or that Sirigu ais making progress (while in reality OPTA proved using stats that he's one of the worst GK in CL this year but also in Ligue 1).

Sirigu is so bad PSG fans call him "Mister one shot one goal".

Yet Blanc thinks he's amazing :rofl1:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I actually think PSG's backside will get spanked even harder next week.

From a PSG fan point of view, I can't be confident when Blanc actually said today that cavani and Sirigu were not bad last wednesday. Or that Sirigu ais making progress (while in reality OPTA proved using stats that he's one of the worst GK in CL this year but also in Ligue 1).

Sirigu is so bad PSG fans call him "Mister one shot one goal".

Yet Blanc thinks he's amazing :rofl1:

I really think PSG needs a world class GK, sirigu is alright but he'll never make that world-class save, I think I saw the stat you're talking about, was it 46% of shots on target stopped ?

About getting spanked harder I don't know, it all depends of barça minset and state, how the game against sevilla goes, and how lucho chooses to deal with the 2nd leg, either possession/control the game, or go for the kill right away and try to score a couple goals playing like we normally do.

Bertus

I really think PSG needs a world class GK, sirigu is alright but he'll never make that world-class save, I think I saw the stat you're talking about, was it 46% of shots on target stopped ?

Yeah that's it. Meaning that for any aligned shot, you have more chance to score than Sirigu saving it.

Impressive isn't it?

I wonder if by "showing good progression" Blanc meant that.

And months ago I said Sirigu needs to be sold.

Jair Ventura

Ugly first half for PSG against Nice, but they came out strong in the second to secure the win to stay atop Ligue 1. A few observations from the match:

- Pastore truly is playing like one the best players in the world. It's taken him awhile to come around but now that he has he's pure class. In form, there's not many attacking players more pleasing to watch.

- It's good to have Lucas Moura back. Neither his form or fitness are quite there yet, but even still he's a threat every time he receives the ball at his feet due to his passing, penetration, and vision. Set Pastore up for his first goal but was relatively quiet beyond that.

- Serge Aurier is quite a bit better than VDW, both in offensive and defensive duties. He's last two performances have reminded me why he earned the title of best RB of Ligue 1 last season.

- I've been on this wagon for a while now, but PSG needs to sign Jordan Amavi before someone else does(Lyon?). He gives you a lot of what Maxwell does in regard to technical skill and forward movement, but at 21 years old is a much stronger tackler/defensive player. Thought he stood out today for Nice, matched up well against Lucas and Aurier.

- Rabiot is coming along nicely. The more his confidence grows the more commanding he becomes. I've noted fewer and fewer mistakes from his as the season has progressed.

- Cavani and Lavezzi need to be shipped out and replaced by Felipe Anderson or Memphis Depay. They're not up to PSG's standard of technical skill imo, and neither are adequately competent at the skill they were brought in for: finishing.

- I don't like the 4-3-3 for PSG. I understand Blanc is trying to mimic Barca and RM, but I think Paris would be better served with a formation more focused on attacking from the center as it's players are more comfortable from the inside than out. I'm curious if Blanc stays this summer or if Nasser goes after someone like Klopp?

zanela

PSG got 1-3 result away. :confused:

Pastore has been making a mark when playing for NT aswell. I wouldn't mind Klopp @ PSG if EPL is his only other option. I might even start watching PSG a bit. :D

Bertus

PSG finally got a STD right?
Sporting Director? Nope. Of course not. Why would they? They are totally fine paying 25M+ players like Cabaye who are awful and useless. Perfectly fine saying Sirigu is one of the best GKs in the world etc etc.

They don't need anyone. Yeah they don't need a person, they need a brain.

Home of Barca Fans