Qatar FC

EdmondDantes

I've got to feel for PSG and Blanc here. They were bossing the game and conceded because their players went off injured and there were not subs left to make.

Lucas - who has been phenomenal for them, Marquinhos who is rock solid, Matuidi, Cabaye who finally is getting in the side with Motta's dip in form, and Aurier.

That's 5 vital players who probably will not play against Chelsea, who had a week's rest to prepare for the game.

Terrible luck. I was looking forward for that tie.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Lol, cop that. Their English Twitter account took a swipe at Chelsea when 2-0 up.

PSG English ✔ @PSG_English
Follow
87' PSG forced to "Park the Bus" (shout out to Jose Mourinho!) in the final minutes #PSGSMC

Then conceded 2. Suck it.

Jair Ventura

A little saddened by all the injuries going into Tuesdays tie with Chelsea, but what can you do? Felt like they were finally putting it all together, establishing some semblance of chemistry and then Lucas and Marquinhos, PSG's best players this campaign(imo), go down with injuries. Oh well, there's still the second leg not this was going to be our year anyway.

On a brighter note, I really like what I've seen of Serge Aurier since the start of the AFcoN. I hope he gets healthy quickly and is able to play his way into PSG's long term plans(if he hasn't already) because I honestly believe he has the potential to develop into one of the better RB's in football. He's still very young and his combination of technical skill and athleticism is impressive. For me, he's already ahead of Digne, Van Der Weil, and Maxwell.

Really, PSG is a good manager away from becoming a very good side. There's big names like Ibra, Silva, and Cavani who bring experience and attract all the attention but Paris has some of the best young talent in Europe between Lucas, Marquinhos, Veratti, Aurier, Rabiot, Baheback and even those on loan like Arreola and Ongenda. It's been a frustrating season but I'm optimistic about the future.

EdmondDantes

It really is a shame. Lucas was bossing the game on the weekend, his assist to Lavezzi was a peach, his all round game and passing is incredible also, all was going well and then....Let's see what they can muster up tomorrow. Those 4 or 5 players are gonna be a big miss, that's for sure.

Jair Ventura

All things considered, was pleased with what I saw from PSG today. Wanted the win, but it could have been worse. Excited to get Lucas and Aurier back for the next match because Lavezzi and Van Der Weil were poor. Everybody else was pretty damn good though, even Luiz. Cavani looked alive, Marquinhos and Veratti were their spectacular selves, Silva looks like the best CB in football again, and so on. Looking forward to the next tie.

blaugrana1987

You guys don't know how much I don't care anymore. I just want this season to end. (#BlancOut)

Anyways, didn't watch football this week end. Had way better things to do.

zanela will probably win that bet tho now that PSG has 6 injuried players.
Sorry but PSG played GREAT match. Only one shot on target by Chelsea, and luck wasn't there, but it should have been 3-1 at least. Blanc is not to fault...

Bertus

Sorry but PSG played GREAT match. Only one shot on target by Chelsea, and luck wasn't there, but it should have been 3-1 at least. Blanc is not to fault...
If you think PSG did "great", then I wonder what words you use when you see Barca's performances.

Sorry but I am not impressed. Especially since I've watched better PSG performances in the past 3 years in CL.

blaugrana1987

If you think PSG did "great", then I wonder what words you use when you see Barca's performances.

Sorry but I am not impressed. Especially since I've watched better PSG performances in the past 3 years in CL.
Well, there were key players missing in your team and on the other hand you can't really compare PSG to Barca and have the same expectations. One is European Juggernaut with best player in history in their team, other is rich club trying to play with a big boys. It will take time, but todays performance against one of the top European side were good.

Trillske

Both Zlatan and Cavani where excellent. Zlatan almost made a complete Ajax-like dribble goal - but against a parked buss Chelsea in CL this time. Cavani where almost like the old Napoli days, except the last touch.

If these two guys hold the same level in the return, matuidi keeps beeing matuidi, and the rest of the team performs on a good enough level then they may very well end up winning. But its a different game playing away, so we will see. Today, they where completely dominant. The 1-1 score is downright bizarre. Cudos to the Chelsea CBs for creating a goal out of nothing I suppose.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
PSG played great today. Their defence was rock solid for most of the match, Maxwell was alot more attack minded than van der viel. At times it seemed like veratti and David Luiz were the only players in the midfield. Veratti did the job of recycling possesion well and had good distribution, Matuidi on the other hand looked like part of the attack for three quarters of the match, he bombed foward and made tons of supporting runs. Ibrahimovic made his present felt, but I tip my hate to edinson cavani, what a match from the uruguayan, so involved in build up play and great goal, he should have scored more though. Lavezzi was invisible

Home of Barca Fans