Qatar FC

zanela

I would've preferred to face a full strength PSG in order to assess our current level of play. We'll now most likely steamroll them, and come unstuck when faced with a worthy CL opponent later.

Bertus

I would've preferred to face a full strength PSG in order to assess our current level of play. We'll now most likely steamroll them, and come unstuck when faced with a worthy CL opponent later.
Even full strength, PSG is crap. That's what people need to understand. There's no tactic, nothing. It's like they have no coach.

When medias are asking Blanc about PSG's problems, he tries to pin it on his players, saying that they have to do something, as if he was not the coach. At this point I expect nothing till Blanc finally does leave.

Today I wasted again 2 hours of my life watching the worst game from PSG I've seen in 2 years. Since I lack free time I should just give up on watching these. Before this, I didin't watch any game in 2 weeks and I feel like I should have did something else today too.

I'm past the point of being sad. I'm not even mad anymore. What I can say for sure it's that it's painful to watch players that are mere shadows of their past selves.

For example, last year when he was at toulouse, Aurier took down PSG almost by himself. Today he played so bad that even the journalists think a 1/10 would be being nice to him.

Anyways, that's one good thing to be very busy, so I don't have time to think about that horribly managed club.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Al Khelaifi (president PSG): "Buying Messi? Do you want Barça fans to hate me... (laughs) We'd talk with Barça. He's fantastic, I love him."

CuleLife4Life

lol...

I actually fear for our next match with them when they have Ibra and Silva. All of those Cavani misses will tonight won't be misses by Ibra.

mazp

lol...

I actually fear for our next match with them when they have Ibra and Silva. All of those Cavani misses will tonight won't be misses by Ibra.

Ibra usually sucks against Barca going back to his Milan days, think he has 1 goal against Barca.

zanela

In my defense, I'm the last person to underestimate Barca's opponent, whatever the stature. My prediction was hugely influenced by Bertus' downplaying his team's chances, and of those who had followed PSG this season. But I'm glad they put up a worthy fight, and exposed our otherwise paper-patched up weaknesses. Unlike the overly-optimistic treble clan, I take no pleasure in the blow-outs of LL minnows, nor is it in anyway conclusive of our level of play. So, I'm every bit skeptic in Europe, regardless of how it may appear, form wise.

Congratulations to Bertus, my beloved french teacher. :D You deserve this result after weeks of disappointment. You should be proud of your team, for overcoming adversity (in injuries to key players, poor form, media criticism, etc), and taking down a difficult adversary (even if a l'il overrated :p), and you did so with gusto.

I actually think missing some of the Key players worked in your favor. It galvanized them in to a more collective effort.
Lavezzi's unreliable headless chicken play ((for the most part) was never a miss to begin with. Zlatan, as great as he is, brings a more "dependant" factor with him, and I don't know if PSG's game would 've flowed as fluent with him in the side. Missing Thiago also gave the young and exhuberant Marcos to prove a point, and he didn't disappoint. So, considering everything, these injuries proved a boon in the end.

My only consolation from the game was Pastore's performance. That was some flamboyance right there. I hope he can bring the same for the sky blue, not holding my breath, however.

And thanks to Cavani, for being so shiiiite on the night. Or is the Napoli's Cavani, a thing of the past? He averted a humiliating score-line for Barca.

Last but not the least, I hope your season kick-starts from hereon (even if you don't rate your manager, me neither). And the return leg manages to offer similar thrills and chills to the neutral.

My prediction for the return leg: Barca 0-7 PSG :troll:

Home of Barca Fans