Qatar FC

Newcomer

The guy has a whole year for experimenting things but he waits for the day of the CL tie to completely change his tactics. A tactic he has never done before. And his post game press conference. This guy is terrible. He is an enemy of PSG.

Tackle

Emery and Tuchel are top coaches now ? Blanc has a better legacy and he got fired and has still not found a job.

Emery has failed in Russia, failed at PSG, failed at Arsenal.

Tuchel was hyped at Mainz, for some time at Dortmund before getting fired.

They are hardly world beaters.

Sure, but you lot are in no position to land a Pep or a Klopp any time soon. After that, look around at the current market for managers and the pickings are slim. Maybe an Allegri? Not sure you'd be interested in Wenger or a manager like Gallardo that has no experience in Europe. What else is there? I fail to see an abundant field of coaches that are many levels above Tuchel at the moment.

When every manager is failing maybe it is time to look at the board and sporting department? Take a gander at the sporting project they have created. A top-heavy team with a lack of depth and quality reinforcements in key positions. The players also have loads of mental baggage from previous CL humiliations and that is not an easy cycle to break. It is not so simple as to blame everything on the coach.

Sterlingfan2000

Always it's the coach fault, always at PSG.

It's the fking system buying toxic player who hates each other. To win a CL u need a good team spirit , and not money hungry players who even mocks the coaches.

PSG is doomed , have fun at farmers league

JamDav1982

That PSG overall standard of that PSG squad looks much worse than in previous years.

The impact of the Mbappe/Neymar transfers is clear when look at some of the players in that squad.

Newcomer

Always it's the coach fault, always at PSG.

It's the fking system buying toxic player who hates each other. To win a CL u need a good team spirit , and not money hungry players who even mocks the coaches.

PSG is doomed , have fun at farmers league
Who are the players who hate each other ?

And i'm not even talking about winning the whole thing. Just string pass together and mount some attacks.

Tuchel can't be defended. Even in L1, i always say he is waiting for an individual brillance to win. We used to play in 4 3 3 and then he switched to 442 (more like a 4 2 4) because he said he talked with the players and the attackers would put in the necessary effort to make it work.

How come he pulls off this terrible tactic today ? Laurent Blanc was sacked because of his horrendous 3 5 2 against Manchester City. At least Laurant Blanc was winning all domestic competitions. This bum can't even do that.

Last edited:

Newcomer

That PSG overall standard of that PSG squad looks much worse than in previous years.

The impact of the Mbappe/Neymar transfers is clear when look at some of the players in that squad.

Yup, PSG has regressed greatly but i wouldn't put that on Neymar/Mbappé transfers.

You put 40 + 7M on Paredes and the coach doesn't even take him into the group today. Shocking.
You put 30 M on Gueye who is very bad.
You put 37 M on Kehrer who is a substitute.
You put another 35 M on Diallo who is a substitute.

Jesé for 25 M who is unwanted by any club he is landing on loan.
Krychowiak 40 M for nothing.

Meanwhile a good player like Lo Celso is sold 25 M.

Stupid money management.

JamDav1982

Yup, PSG has regressed greatly but i wouldn't put that on Neymar/Mbappé transfers.

You put 40 + 7M on Paredes and the coach doesn't even take him into the group today. Shocking.
You put 30 M on Gueye who is very bad.
You put 37 M on Kehrer who is a substitute.
You put another 35 M on Diallo who is a substitute.

Jesé for 25 M who is unwanted by any club he is landing on loan.
Krychowiak 40 M for nothing.

Meanwhile a good player like Lo Celso is sold 25 M.

Stupid money management.

Those are not expensive signings in scheme of things compared to what PSG were signing in past and nor were they particularly sought after players being chased by other top clubs.

Last summer PSG signed Gueye and Herrera and some folk were acting like these were clever signings that would give PSG exactly what they need when in reality these were just work horse players that were not particularly highly rated at top level.

The financial impact of Neymar /Mbappe has clearly had an impact and forced them to shop in a less expensive market compared to in past and they have got it wrong.

Having said that with the front players they have and a bit of luck anything is possible.

Newcomer

[tw]1229907814224744448[/tw]

The bastard saying PSG played too scared. But i knew PSG was scared from your tactic alone. Said it here before the game.

And the guy is saying he has no regret.

"No regrets. It’s easy to be a coach if you’re not a coach. I have to make decisions, I did what I did and I take responsibility for it. Nobody knows what happens if we play with another system. "

"We can see that Dortmund have seven games less than us at the same time since January. They had one more day to recover. "

“A 3-4-3 or 4–3-3? I can't say it now. (...) We play with Marqui, Verratti and Gueye who have been really good in groupstage. It's the first leg, it's not the deciding game in this competition. So we decided to leave the three together. "

The only redeeming quote can be this one (players lacking rythm):
"Play with the Front 4 ? Now was not the time to try, because we are running out of pace. Ney, Thiago, Marqui and Kimpembe lack rhythm. If you want to play in 4-4-2 you have to be in the best capacity. So now was not the time to go all in. "

But it still doesn't explain why they can't play football.

Last edited:

Newcomer

Those are not expensive signings in scheme of things compared to what PSG were signing in past and nor were they particularly sought after players being chased by other top clubs.

Last summer PSG signed Gueye and Herrera and some folk were acting like these were clever signings that would give PSG exactly what they need when in reality these were just work horse players that were not particularly highly rated at top level.

The financial impact of Neymar /Mbappe has clearly had an impact and forced them to shop in a less expensive market compared to in past and they have got it wrong.

Having said that with the front players they have and a bit of luck anything is possible.

Excepted Pogba and De Jong, do you know a lot of defensive midfielders going for 35 to 47M ? Dortmund itself got Witsel and Can for cheaper and they destroyed PSG midfield.

Also, your defenders have cost less than our substitutes. Even Umtiti. Damn, even Real Madrid got their midfielders for cheaper. It is bad money management.

JamDav1982

Excepted Pogba and De Jong, do you know a lot of defensive midfielders going for 35 to 47M ? Dortmund itself got Witsel and Can for cheaper and they destroyed PSG midfield.

Also, your defenders have cost less than our substitutes. Even Umtiti. Damn, even Real Madrid got their midfielders for cheaper. It is bad money management.

Pogba is nowhere near a defensive midfielder and neither Paredes or Gueye were particularly highly rated.

PSG have been impacted by FFP and Neymar/Mbappe signings it is impossible not to have been. They have had to spend less and as a result less sure things and it shows they have made poor choices.

Newcomer

Funny to see you defend Tuchel on here while you couldn't wait the day of Valverde departure. Valverde was a lot better at Barcelona than Tuchel at PSG.

Valverde almost did a no loss in the league run. Meanwhile Tuchel was losing against any team in L1 after March.

They both lost the cup but Valverde still went past that terrible United team.

Tuchel is actually worse than Valverde.

KingLeo10

Funny to see you defend Tuchel on here while you couldn't wait the day of Valverde departure. Valverde was a lot better at Barcelona than Tuchel at PSG.

Valverde almost did a no loss in the league run. Meanwhile Tuchel was losing against any team in L1 after March.

They both lost the cup but Valverde still went past that terrible United team.

Tuchel is actually worse than Valverde.

EV also had Messi scoring 12 CL goals last season and 50+ overall.

Newcomer

Pogba is nowhere near a defensive midfielder and neither Paredes or Gueye were particularly highly rated.

PSG have been impacted by FFP and Neymar/Mbappe signings it is impossible not to have been. They have had to spend less and as a result less sure things and it shows they have made poor choices.

Pogba is a defensive midfielder. An offensive minded one but he is a defensive midfielder. It is where he is played for national team and MU. Sort of a Yaya Touré.

I don't care if Gueye or Paredes are highly rated or not. I'm saying they have cost a lot and one is not even in the group while the other is shit. Paredes has cost more than Fabinho. More than Casemiro. More than Valverde (Real Madrid). More than Arthur. More than Witsel. More than Can. You can't cry about FFP when you spend nearly 50 M on a guy who can't make the group.

Home of Barca Fans