Qatar FC

Newcomer

Do you have any information about number of tv spectators for PSG games this season? I thought that Neymar, Mbappe, Verratti etc. will bring me to watch them sometimes, but I didn`t watch a single Ligue 1 game this season, nor any of my friends with whom I talked about it.

I wonder did it really bring the number of tv spectators for Ligue 1 up.

Sorry kilian, i have no numbers to give you.

There are the usual numbers from people watching the french channels broadcasting the different competitions PSG is playing but not for the global audience worldwide.
The only tangible thing is Ligue 1 TV rights are going to increase and both Ligue 1 president and Mediapro said that PSG star factor was an huge element in their decision to bid so high. LFP CEO saying viewership of Ligue 1 up 25% partially thanks to PSG star factor.
http://www.sportspromedia.com/news/psg-ligue-1-tv-rights-lfp-ceo

PSG is also having more "fans" worldwide, evidenced by the development in social media. I guess those people must be watching some games. There was an infographics from PSG from last year if i remember correctly and it seems that the region around Singapour, Vietnam, Indonesia is one of the best developping market for PSG. So, i guess they must be watching there.

Too bad Jair is not here anymore. He could tell us about Brazil situation. At one point, i remember PSG games were often broadcasted there after Neymar transfers.

JerseyAddict

I think that PSG has a real problem that they can't realise it.

They play in Ligue1. It is not EPL or La Liga. So people don't take it serious. Sory but they don't. There is one club that destr9ys all in thr path and that is it.
When that club comes in UCL they choke.
There is no "big " success that can give them bragging rights to say "we belong" in Big Boys Club.
Hell Celtic could say with given results that they dominate SPL and has a CL title.
That is the way people see it.

Do what does a neutral viewer see? A club with no european title and with shitload of money that says he belongs to likes of Bayern, Utd, Barcelona, Real, Milan, Juve, even Lpool etc

Newcomer

I think that PSG has a real problem that they can't realise it.

They play in Ligue1. It is not EPL or La Liga. So people don't take it serious. Sory but they don't. There is one club that destr9ys all in thr path and that is it.
When that club comes in UCL they choke.
There is no "big " success that can give them bragging rights to say "we belong" in Big Boys Club.
Hell Celtic could say with given results that they dominate SPL and has a CL title.
That is the way people see it.

Do what does a neutral viewer see? A club with no european title and with shitload of money that says he belongs to likes of Bayern, Utd, Barcelona, Real, Milan, Juve, even Lpool etc

Sadly true.

And the way they blow leads in Champions League in return legs make people forget their good performances in first leg.

And that is only due to themselves. It is the "easy" answer to blame it on the league level when other french clubs don't tend to "choke". They lose because they hit their max level and can't go beyond.
PSG on the other hand can go to very dominating and assertive team to commit amateurish errors in return leg.

The worst thing is they don't seem to find an answer to this problem at the club. So it is likely to happen again, although i hope not.

Givenchy

Sadly true.

And the way they blow leads in Champions League in return legs make people forget their good performances in first leg.

And that is only due to themselves. It is the "easy" answer to blame it on the league level when other french clubs don't tend to "choke". They lose because they hit their max level and can't go beyond.
PSG on the other hand can go to very dominating and assertive team to commit amateurish errors in return leg.

The worst thing is they don't seem to find an answer to this problem at the club. So it is likely to happen again, although i hope not.

Neymar isn't a choker and unfortunately for PSG hes been out when they needed him most.. if he plays the 2nd leg vs United you are through easily imo

if PSG keep Neyney fit, you'll pass the 'choking' stage. i don't like the guy much after the way he left us but hes a game changer and on his day, only Messi and Ronaldo are better

messi2140

6racies Xavi
These farmers are choking so hard but luckily they have a 17 point lead or else they would have thrown the league aswell.

Morten

These farmers are choking so hard but luckily they have a 17 point lead or else they would have thrown the league aswell.

Choking is only a thing when the match is in any way important, this isnt choking, because there is nothing at stake here.

This is just PSG not caring+a red card, amusing for sure, but meaningless.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Choking is only a thing when the match is in any way important, this isnt choking, because there is nothing at stake here.

This is just PSG not caring+a red card, amusing for sure, but meaningless.

But if they won this game or the one against Strasbourg last week they would have won the league and taken the trophy which means there was a small stake in those games. And as you would expect with FSG they choked. Luckily for them they have 6 more tries.

Just look what happened last week :lol: :lol:

Sterlingfan2000

The players had already approach the Psg Board and were asking for early holidays after CL knock out. Players heads are already on holidays, they already won Farmers league

Home of Barca Fans