Qatar FC

Leo_Messi

Because you can read the damn body language. He's turning away to not get hit in the face. If he cared about blocking the shot by any means necessary, he'd put them up.

Does not matter. Read about the new rules in place. It is not a natural movement. He is blocking a shot in the penalty area that is aimed at the goal and going towards it with his arm. Quite clearly. A smart defender would not even have attempted to block such a high attempt that was going over (most likely) the bar. It was stupidity beyond belief.

Not sure what the hell is "harsh" about it when it is per the book. Confirmed by the VAR officials and later Skomina (who had the final decision) himself. At no point was Skomina somehow biased against PSG in the game. Nor was it some kind of imaginary robbery. If that is a robbery we can use similar words about that RM-Juve game that ended 1-3.

PSG are entirely to blame for another pathetic display in the CL and for having players that have spines that not even worms would envy.

You talk about some UEFA mafia (never used such words) or me supposedly crying over referring decisions (yet to do that here) is quite contradictory giving your empty claims of this not being a penalty.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
With new rules implemented next year officially, but in use already now, it is considered a penalty.

Penalty on Suarez 2 years ago or the one at Bernabeu were robberies. Here, it is within the scope of the new law.

I know. My argument really is against the law, which leaves too much ground open to the refs here. There are no instances where a guy can jump at some oblique angle and keep arms by his body. This interpretation of the law essentially creates a situation where you cannot go up in the air to block a shot. In any circumstance. If you're making a sliding challenge (Milner vs Roma last year) or you're stationary (Otamendi vs Schalke 3 weeks back) it ought to be called. Jumping should have leniency. No way to completely control your arms in these cases. Ever. Didn't they describe some system where arms are meant to be 'below 4 or 8 o'clock position' to be considered 'natural'?

Leo_Messi

I know. My argument really is against the law, which leaves too much ground open to the refs here. There are no instances where a guy can jump at some oblique angle and keep arms by his body. This interpretation of the law essentially creates a situation where you cannot go up in the air to block a shot. In any circumstance. If you're making a sliding challenge (Milner vs Roma last year) or you're stationary (Otamendi vs Schalke 3 weeks back) it ought to be called. Jumping should have leniency. No way to completely control your arms in these cases. Ever. Didn't they describe some system where arms are meant to be 'below 4 or 8 o'clock position' to be considered 'natural'?

Don't freaking jump (with your arms not attached to your body or worse with your arms above your head) in the penalty box while trying to block a shot on goal from your opponent while having your front (at least half of it) in front of goal. In particular not when the shot of the opponent is clearly going over the bar.

You can easily jump up in the air without imitating a scarecrow. Keep your arms below your head. Seen many such situations not being given for that very reason. When you start imitating a scarecrow you are inviting trouble for yourself as Kimpembe just did. No experienced CB would have done what he did there.

Never seen a penalty NOT being given when a defender is blocking a shot on goal in the penalty box with his arms and said arms are above his head or outside of his body as Kimpembe's arm clearly was tonight. Tough luck, youthful stupidity, inexperience etc. call it what you want it is a penalty. A clear one at that too. No two ways about it.

Not sure how anyone can argue that it was not a penalty. It was. It was just a clear gift from Kimpembe. That is what annoys some people, I guess. Blame the defender, not the rules which are clear and fair.

If that is not a penalty it opens a pandora box where every defender will be able to block shots on goal in the penalty box while in the air with the excuse of that being a natural thing (having arms above your head) when jumping. Can't have that.

Last edited:

Leo_Messi

Yes they would. They are alot better than City and Liverpool imo.

They have better individual players than Man City (courtesy of mainly Neymar and Mbappé mainly and only) but not sure if they are a better collective. They most likely are not. Man City have the better goalkeeper, better backs and arguably better CB's. A better midfield too. They only have a worse attack. Not that Man City are bad on this department. They just lack the x-factor that the likes of Neymar and Mbappé have.
Pep is also the better manager than Tuchel (although I am fan of Tuchel) and unlike Tuchel's PSG, most of Man City's squad are familiar with Pep's ideas here in his third season at the helm of them.

While PSG have a better starting 11 (on paper) or similar at least (thanks to their attack) Man City have a better squad. Some of the substitutes and squad members that QSG have would not have made it as reserves for Man City.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

Does anyone have the official description of the new rules? From what I have seen people describing it I don't like it.

El Gato

Villarato!
Don't freaking jump (with your arms not attached to your body or worse with your arms above your head) in the penalty box while trying to block a shot on goal from your opponent while having your front (at least half of it) in front of goal. In particular not when the shot of the opponent is clearly going over the bar. (...)

If that is not a penalty it opens a pandora box where every defender will be able to block shots on goal in the penalty box while in the air with the excuse of that being a natural thing (having arms above your head) when jumping. Can't have that.

Except the arm that gets struck is not above his head. It is straightened out pointing towards 5 or 7 o'clock when he tucks it after raising it initially and then turns. Check the replay maybe. Or watch the game.

You're not even listening to the argument at hand so I'm not interested in such discussion. Law needs to be precise if it doesn't describe it in clock terms. Which I'm pretty sure it does.

Last edited:

Morten

Someone needs to do a "Farming, really? Men of your talents?"-meme, with Mbappe/Neymars face at the end, you know, the star wars one.
I'd really appreciate it.

Leo_Messi

Except the arm that gets struck is not above his head. It is pointing towards 5 or 7 o'clock. Check the replay maybe. Or watch the game.

Does not matter at all per the rules. Hence why I wrote not to have your hands above your head or NOT alongside your body. Check my post. Or reread it again. Or read the rules.

I watched the game. Enjoyed it greatly. In particular the ending. Thank you very much. Looks like you did not.

BTW how in the hell is that really 5 or 7 o'clock?:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHnVhRzkB3g

More like 3 o'clock or 2 o'clock while having one hand above his head and the other way from his body. Hence the scarecrow comparisons.:lol: Very "natural" jump indeed. All while having his front towards the goal.:lol:

Come on. Getting ridiculous.

Anyway you can believe that it was not a penalty while it was per the rules and while the VAR officials and Skomina gave it. Don't really care but your arguments do not make any sense.

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!
More like 3 o'clock or 2 o'clock while having one hand above his head and the other way from his body. Hence the scarecrow comparisons.:lol: Very "natural" jump indeed. All while having his front towards the goal.:lol:.

Don't even understand the concept of a clock. Jesus fuck, always 2 hours early to work I see :lol:
Look where the damn arm is pointing. 3 o'clock is horizontal. 6 is vertical down. His arm is extending towards his legs. 5 o'clock. Goodnight.

Leo_Messi

Don't even understand the concept of a clock. Jesus fuck, always 2 hours early to work I see :lol:

Dude, I watched the action once. Spent the remaining of the time on rejoicing and having a laugh with other mates after a few nice glasses of La Rioja red wine.:lol: Did not need to see 10 replies to spot that it was a clear penalty. Neither did the VAR officials or Skomina. On that Youtube clip that I posted it is nowhere near 5 or 7 o'clock and more like what I wrote. In any case it matters jackshit as it was a clear penalty per the rules as already explained 100 times. Go read the rules and familiarize yourself with them. All my points remain the same and are accurate.

On that still picture on that Youtube clip the only part of his body that is 5 o'clock let alone freaking 7 o'clock is his freaking right calf that is in the air as well since he is jumping. Not his freaking arm blocking the ball. Either that or I am blind.

18 seconds into this video already posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHnVhRzkB3g

Care to explain to me in what world that is 5 or 7 o'clock?:lol: Yet you dare to talk about me not being able to understand the concept of a clock.:lol: Madre mía dude.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans