Qatar FC

khaled_a_d

As I said in the UCL topic ...

This is a project in long-term. Mbappé, Kimpembe, Rabiot, Lo Celso, Draxler and Marquinhos are all young players who will spend a lot of time at the club. Neymar, the club's big star, is still 26 years old.

Or have you forgotten that Cristiano Ronaldo just went to be UCL champion with Real Madrid in his fourth season? Before that it was a failure, since he was hired to win the UCL too and ended up seeing the Barcelona of Pep and Messi dominate the world.

PSG first needs a real technician (Sarri, Tite...). Unay is a joke, it was to be fired in the 6x1 game.

Hmmm, Rabiot has one year left in his contract and could very well leave soon, others I am not sure they are good enough for long term project.
Marquinhos look he has stagnated their just like Verratti, not sure Kimpembe & Lo Celso being good enough. Would like to see how Mpabbe will develop in France in next few years.
And Cr7 was success from first year, he was on another level than any RM player since he joined and he was proven winner as he won CL as best player at the age of 23

Wallace

Hmmm, Rabiot has one year left in his contract and could very well leave soon, others I am not sure they are good enough for long term project.
Marquinhos look he has stagnated their just like Verratti, not sure Kimpembe & Lo Celso being good enough. Would like to see how Mpabbe will develop in France in next few years.
And Cr7 was success from first year, he was on another level than any RM player since he joined and he was proven winner as he won CL as best player at the age of 23

I think Rabiot is technically very good, but lacking intensity in his game. He has already hinted that he wants to leave the club because he does not accept to play as a Defensive midfield.

Marquinhos is great, Kimpembe too, both are talented.

Fans need to have patience to see how these players will develop with a real coach. If this talk that they will not develop because they play in a weak league, Bayern would have a weak team too? Just remember that Muller said that Bayern training was more difficult than the league.

About CR7, your failure is due precisely to being the best in the world at that time. Or do you think the Real hired him to win La Liga and the Copa Del Rey?

khaled_a_d

About CR7, your failure is due precisely to being the best in the world at that time. Or do you think the Real hired him to win La Liga and the Copa Del Rey?

They hired him because they were humiliated against us, he himself delivered year after year. first season was a failure for the team but next year they improved drastically from year before, next season reached CL SF and won CDR, a year later got Liga. so yeah he wasn't a failure by any mean before winning CL.

Marquinhos is great, Kimpembe too, both are talented.

Fans need to have patience to see how these players will develop with a real coach. If this talk that they will not develop because they play in a weak league, Bayern would have a weak team too? Just remember that Muller said that Bayern training was more difficult than the league.

We have different definition of greatness then, I don't think either are great, Marq once looked to have the potential to be great but I don't think he reached the level he should be right now, Kimpembe is a bit overrated too.
It is really tough to think that this players will develop rightfully in France, most CL winners in past decades has been from top 4 leagues with exception of 2004 which is the weirdest year in football history. You can keep blaming it to the coach but there is real questions about the project.

Vilarrubi

This is a project in long-term.

Wrong. This project has been going on much longer.. you’re forgetting all the signings before the latest ones.

Al-Khelaifi said when he took over that his goal was to compete in the Champions League and he even specifically said in 2014 that they were looking to win it within 4 years... which is 2018.. so a failed project so far. A lot of Ligue 1 titles which could have been won with 20% of the money spent.

Last edited:

xXKonan

The PSG "Project" has been around forever now. Every season when they fail in the CL it's the same "Well it's a project, we are still building" and you have to ask yourself when will the excuses stop? They spent over 222 Mil for Neymar and Plus the 180 for Mbappe.

I feel this team will still be rooted with glaring issues no matter who the bring in. If they bring in a Conte you will have some players bitch about how he's "Too Demanding" or they bring in a obvious push over coward like a Emery and they will run him over and complain about him as well.

It's a team that will always carry some sort of Diva/small time mentality issue. and Al-Khelaifi while has a hard stance in not selling players like Verratti etc, comes off as a guy who wants to please his star players like Neymar to prevent them from being all mad.

Ligue 1 also plays a big part. The league is a great league to find some good developing young talents but not much else. Teams there cannot remotely afford to go toe to toe with PSG and most of them are just there to develop talent and sell them off for profit and rinse and repeat. That's all they can do at this point.

The League doesn't prepare you at all against strong teams in the CL. It's real easy to curb stomp the likes of Dijon 8-0 by half assing it but in the CL you cannot get away with that.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I was amazed they didn't get rid of Emery last summer when they couldn't even win the Ligue 1 last season. After losing a 4-0 lead to Barcelona, now he got owned by a totally beatable Real Madrid. Time to say goodbye for real this time. He's not good enough for a top tier club. Time to go back to Sevilla I guess?

I was amazed they didn't get rid of Emery last summer when they couldn't even win the Ligue 1 last season. After losing a 4-0 lead to Barcelona, now he got owned by a totally beatable Real Madrid. Time to say goodbye for real this time. He's not good enough for a top tier club. Time to go back to Sevilla I guess?

He's a proven success in Europe with incredible Europa League success. PSG is just a shit club in a shit league what can you expect from them?

There is no club called PSG Zlatan joined Paris and turned it into PSG and now that he's gone PSG no longer exist

serghei

They will be after Umtiti this summer. That's the only way they know how to deal with on field problem. By buying.

Chainsaw

Killahead
He's a proven success in Europe with incredible Europa League success. PSG is just a shit club in a shit league what can you expect from them?

There is no club called PSG Zlatan joined Paris and turned it into PSG and now that he's gone PSG no longer exist

Well, after spending as much as they do I expect them to at least not fall apart like this against a declined Real Madrid team, not collapsing a 4-0 lead against Barcelona, and not to lose the Ligue 1 race to a club like Monaco which hasn't even spent half as much as they did. Is that too much to expect????

Emery is good for a club like Sevilla level. Not good enough for an ambitious club like PSG.

Well, after spending as much as they do I expect them to at least not fall apart like this against a declined Real Madrid team, not collapsing a 4-0 lead against Barcelona, and not to lose the Ligue 1 race to a club like Monaco which hasn't even spent half as much as they did. Is that too much to expect????

Emery is good for a club like Sevilla level. Not good enough for an ambitious club like PSG.

So what if they collapsed? They still managed to beat us 4-0 which is a feat very few teams can do. Too many historic comeback to beat them with probably our best performance under Lucho.

Devils

QSG trying to become a top European club is equivalent to Qatar trying to become an advocate for human rights.

Their embarrassing fans were praising the genius of Nasser and the other morons at the club for spending nearly half a billion on two players only to make ZERO progress in the only competition that matters to them.

Imagine believing Ligue 1 is a quality league that would prepare a team to compete in Europe and then bending over to one of the worst Real Madrid teams in years over two legs and going out at the R16.

LMAO such idiots.

Home of Barca Fans