Qatar FC

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
thats not what hes saying though is it? in the history of football, when has a club used a loan-to-buy option with such a fee that buying the player outright would trigger FFP issues

Not to mention this is the only time when the MVP of league winners was loaned to the direct opponents!

It's not just the fee that would be outrageous though, Monaco must be receiving a hell of a lot of it under the table as well

Jair Ventura

thats not what hes saying though is it? in the history of football, when has a club used a loan-to-buy option with such a fee that buying the player outright would trigger FFP issues

Why would the fee be relevant unless the club couldn't afford it within stipulated frame of payment? Plenty of clubs use the loan to buy system to push back a purchase for financial reasons. Marseille just did it with Florian Thuavin.

Not to mention this is the only time when the MVP of league winners was loaned to the direct opponents!

It's not just the fee that would be outrageous though, Monaco must be receiving a hell of a lot of it under the table as well

Football isn't slavery. Players are allowed to pick where they want to play, and Mbappe and his family wanted PSG. Bigger clubs made their efforts but were turned away.

Alik

You would know, given how your club behaved throughout Neymar's departure. Forcing him to attend promotional events even after it was understood he no longer wanted to play for your club.

He stayed in hopes of collecting one last fat pay check. Wasn't forced to do anything (not that we could have anyway). We have been over this.

Jair Ventura

He stayed in hopes of collecting one last fat pay check. Wasn't forced to do anything (not that we could have anyway). We have been over this.

Perhaps that's what you told yourself in your head, but I tend to trust the work of the reporter that broke the story, Marcelo Bechler, who reported your clubs insistence on Neymar traveling to the United States and China to advertise for a club it was well known he was leaving. But, lets say for arguments sake he did only remain to collect a check: he was well within his contractual rights to do so. What fool would pass on 26m euros anyway?

JamDav1982

Perhaps that's what you told yourself in your head, but I tend to trust the work of the reporter that broke the story, Marcelo Bechler, who reported your clubs insistence on Neymar traveling to the United States and China to advertise for a club it was well known he was leaving. But, lets say for arguments sake he did only remain to collect a check: he was well within his contractual rights to do so. What fool would pass on 26m euros anyway?

So not a slave then if getting paid 26m to do what you claimed...

You are all over the place.

Yes, PSG is the first and only club to use the loan system!

Don't act like you don't know what I'm getting at. The only reason PSG loaned Mbappe is that so they could delay the payment of his transfer fee until next summer, whereas if they bought him this year they wouldn't be able to comply with FFP.

This is not some run-of-the-mill loan deal where a club strapped for cash brings a player on loan with an option to buy so they can evaluate the player before deciding it would be worthwhile to invest in him. This deal is more than likely a loan deal with mandatory purchase clause at an already agreed upon price. I wouldn't be surprised if PSG have included Mbappe's transfer fee under their expenses for this year.

PSG have the money, they've probably already set it aside, this loan deal is nothing but a formality between PSG and Monaco at this point that allows PSG to get their man and allows them to circumvent FFP.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
You would know, given how your club behaved throughout Neymar's departure. Forcing him to attend promotional events even after it was understood he no longer wanted to play for your club.

He was still under contract with us at the time, wasn't he?

So as soon as your employer knew that that you were leaving for another company, before your last day you just slacked off, not showing up for work and still getting paid? Wow, could you please let me know what that company is because I'd like to work for them.

And the funny thing is he wanted his fucking loyalty bonus. This guy and his family know no shame.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

So you are saying it was right for him to collect the check but it was not right for him to do what his job which paid him his salary asked him to do?

Some PSG logic. A fucking despicable club has some fucking despicable logic that its fucking despicable fans subscribe to and propagate.

Last edited:

Jair Ventura

So you are saying it was right for him to collect the check but it was not right for him to do what his job which paid him his salary asked him to do?

Some PSG logic. A fucking despicable club has some fucking despicable logic that its fucking despicable fans subscribe to and propagate.

I’m saying it’s irrational, dishonest, and embarrassing to cry slavery in relation to PSG’s handling of the Verratti saga given how FC Barcelona and La Liga have behaved since Neymar decided to leave Spain.

Jair Ventura

Don't act like you don't know what I'm getting at. The only reason PSG loaned Mbappe is that so they could delay the payment of his transfer fee until next summer, whereas if they bought him this year they wouldn't be able to comply with FFP.

This is not some run-of-the-mill loan deal where a club strapped for cash brings a player on loan with an option to buy so they can evaluate the player before deciding it would be worthwhile to invest in him. This deal is more than likely a loan deal with mandatory purchase clause at an already agreed upon price. I wouldn't be surprised if PSG have included Mbappe's transfer fee under their expenses for this year.

PSG have the money, they've probably already set it aside, this loan deal is nothing but a formality between PSG and Monaco at this point that allows PSG to get their man and allows them to circumvent FFP.

This was standard use of the loan system, I even provided an example. Choose something else to be mad about.

Home of Barca Fans