Qatar FC

Jenks

It doesn't need to be a huge act of generosity and selflessness to still be a great gesture.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
I don't really care if he did it for his own personal gain + be back in the limelight, it's still a very nice gesture.

I still think he has some to offer on the pitch, he is a very good passer of the ball, he was linked to us for a while, i would've took him back in a heartbeat. Great proffesional.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Guy who pocketed a quarter of billion USD with the MLS and yet still tried to engineer a permanent move to AC Milan on more than one occasion is a brand - everything is cleverly orchestrated...Even the French press aren't impressed with Le Monde pointing out the gift for the children is nothing more than a way to avoid taxation on his 5 month salary

Of course, this will be dwarfed by the imaging rights and marketing money he is certain to pick up that would make those children blush

Sergio

Sergison
Wow thats a new one, forfeiting your entire salary being tax avoidance? he's really making a killing on that deal.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
75% tax rate will do that, fortunately he has nothing to worry about as the imaging rights & marketing deals with Qatari ownership will not only make that gift look paltry but also exempt him from taxes...Score another for brand Becks

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
I don't understand, he could make 1 billion if he struck an awesome deal for all I care but in the process he donated money. Better than every single player in the same league who does not make a killing by evading taxes.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I don't understand, he could make 1 billion if he struck an awesome deal for all I care but in the process he donated money. Better than every single player in the same league who does not make a killing by evading taxes.

Yes to the french.

If he was really bothered about "giving back" he'd have done it in an area where he grew up in. Like anyone else would do they help out others who helped them.

Jenks

Ed why do you keep putting "giving back" in speech marks as if he's said that's what he's doing it for?

Home of Barca Fans