User Tag List

Page 107 of 158 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2362

Thread: Qatar FC

  1. #1591
    Banned

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    1,231
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    Agreed with you on the second sentence definitely. The first one, not so much. There is only enough that money can buy. It is the French league after all. Unless one totally bends over for money like some of those players who came here to China, the best players will not want to go join PSG on sporting reasons.
    In the future French football can't stay at a shameful level. We have excellent academies and the money will come back, not with french investors (they prefer to invest in culture : museums, cinema ...) but with foreign investors like Paris or Monaco. It's a question of time. It's a bad era for french football (except Paris.) But a come back is possible. If i am a player, with the same salary, I will prefer to live in Bordeaux or Lyon than Manchester or Liverpool.

  2. #1592
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    20,229
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutece FC View Post
    In the future French football can't stay at a shameful level. We have excellent academies and the money will come back, not with french investors (they prefer to invest in culture : museums, cinema ...) but with foreign investors like Paris or Monaco. It's a question of time. It's a bad era for french football (except Paris.) But a come back is possible. If i am a player, with the same salary, I will prefer to live in Bordeaux or Lyon than Manchester or Liverpool.
    Why have billionaires not been investing more in French football already?

    There is no real tv money there or exposure and to even be successful domestically the money ploughed in would have to be massive to get anywhere near PSG.

    Seems to me one of the last league billionaires will be investing in. There is too little to gain.

  3. #1593
    Senior Member
    Jair Ventura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Rio De Janeiro
    Posts
    2,608
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Why have billionaires not been investing more in French football already?
    They have?

    There is no real tv money there or exposure and to even be successful domestically the money ploughed in would have to be massive to get anywhere near PSG.
    beIN sports is the fastest growing entity of it's kind in the world, having just penned record deals with media distributors in Spain & France over the last few months.

    Seems to me one of the last league billionaires will be investing in. There is too little to gain.
    PSG and Monaco are huge success stories. What are you talking about?

  4. #1594
    Senior Member
    Nucky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    1,390
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelsea winning it was a surprise to all.. In that season they were crap in Premier League, finished 6th if I remember correctly.. And it was also a big luck.. Specially against us in semi final.. What we missed in those two games.. Maybe one day PSG will win it but not anytime soon..


    MES QUE UN CLUB

  5. #1595
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    11,061
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #1596
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Incredible really

    Any chance PSG get any comp going forward? Any teams with a chance to get more money into their teams?

  7. #1597
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
    Chelsea winning it was a surprise to all.. In that season they were crap in Premier League, finished 6th if I remember correctly.. And it was also a big luck.. Specially against us in semi final.. What we missed in those two games.. Maybe one day PSG will win it but not anytime soon..
    I also don't think lack of comp in their league doesn't help them in UCL personally..rest is good but not being tested isn't great

  8. #1598
    Banned

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,838
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, look what happened to us in 2013. And Bayern in 2014.
    Last edited by Lelouch vi Britannia; 11th March 2016 at 02:45 AM.

  9. #1599
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lelouch vi Britannia View Post
    Yeah, look what happened to us in 2013. And Bayern in 2014.
    Honestly I can see both sides to the argument. I guess it can work both ways. PSG are good enough to make at least the semis and I think they would fancy their chances against anybody but Barca/Bayern. They played Real well in the two meetings and it was well balanced.

  10. #1600
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barcafan161 View Post
    Honestly I can see both sides to the argument. I guess it can work both ways. PSG are good enough to make at least the semis and I think they would fancy their chances against anybody but Barca/Bayern. They played Real well in the two meetings and it was well balanced.
    They are obsessed with CL, so the main danger would be to be too fired up if things doesn't go their way in the next CL-game. I would like to see them go up against RM or Atletico. That would be a real test for them, and we could asses their level this year better than if they meet clearly better or worse teams (I'm not sure they would make it).

  11. #1601
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarçaBarça View Post
    They are obsessed with CL, so the main danger would be to be too fired up if things doesn't go their way in the next CL-game. I would like to see them go up against RM or Atletico. That would be a real test for them, and we could asses their level this year better than if they meet clearly better or worse teams (I'm not sure they would make it).
    Hope we don't get them for a change if anything.

    Guessing we could get anybody? Not done on seeds at this point is it?

  12. #1602
    Senior Member
    BarçaBarça's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1,760
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by barcafan161 View Post
    Hope we don't get them for a change if anything.

    Guessing we could get anybody? Not done on seeds at this point is it?
    Right, no seeds at this stage - everyone meet each other

  13. #1603
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,017
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see PSG winning UCL this year. The best team does not always win. With only 5 games left after this round, I think there are 5 teams who could get hot and get the trophy (in order):
    Barca
    Bayern
    RM
    PSG, or maybe above RM
    Atletico, you can't count out any team that can defend as well as Atletico.

    Barca has the best chance, I'd put our guys at better than even money against the entire field.

  14. #1604
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    3,672
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PSG will win the league with a win this weekend after Monaco drew

  15. #1605
    Senior Member
    Catalan Fan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    963
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilS View Post
    I could see PSG winning UCL this year. The best team does not always win. With only 5 games left after this round, I think there are 5 teams who could get hot and get the trophy (in order):
    Barca
    Bayern
    RM
    PSG, or maybe above RM
    Atletico, you can't count out any team that can defend as well as Atletico.

    Barca has the best chance, I'd put our guys at better than even money against the entire field.
    I don't see PSG winning this year, or any time soon.

    Two horse race for me, with Barca favs and Munich as the only other team that can win it.I don't think the other teams come close as things stand.
    Team Arda !

Tags for this Thread