Qatar FC

Jair Ventura

PSGtalk's first half review:

Paris Saint-Germain are autumn champions, earning that title without a loss to their name and doing so by playing stellar football played at times. Here are some things to keep in mind as we look back at the first half of the season and look forward to 2016.

Angel Di Maria is too good

What else can you say about the Argentine? El Fideo has been such an unbelievable presence in this team and I really want to see him play alongside Javier Pastore at the club level after watching them enjoy so much success for their country at the Copa America this summer. What’s really remarkable about Di Maria is how incredibly well he plays to his teammates’ strengths. He can take full advantage of Edinson Cavani’s movement at the far post or he can run at goal himself. He can even drift inside and play Blaise Matuidi or Ibrahimovic in with one of his trademark through balls. He’s so versatile and brilliant to watch, all I can say is that I’ve eaten my words....

http://psgtalk.com/psg-talks-half-season-review/

All 48 of PSG's domestic goals through the first half of the season:

Nucky

Yea, Ligue 1 is going the way of La Liga, Serie A, and the Bundesliga.

Barca has competition in Atletico and Real while PSG has no serious competition at all. Serie A also this season. Juventus lost some key players and I doubt they will dominate the league like in the past few years. Inter is rising and soon they will fight for the titles again. Agree on Bundesliga, though they have some good teams but can't see anyone seriously competing with Bayern at this point.

Cule4life

The Culest
Yea, Ligue 1 is going the way of La Liga, Serie A, and the Bundesliga.

giphy.gif

Jair Ventura

You clearly don't watch la liga if you think that. la liga is very competitive

Serie A is wide open this year...don't you even look at these leagues?

Yes, and Ligue 1 was open last season; don't you even look at these leagues? Must be tough as a Barca supporter to only win 5 of the last 7 La Liga titles, or as a supporter of Juve, to only win 4 straight in Serie A.

That would imply that the league isn't shit, so no. More like SPL.

Meanwhile, you mistakenly believe your own competition competitive, a silly assertion contradicted by a simple glance at La Liga's history.

Last edited:

barcafan161

Yes, and Ligue 1 was open last season; don't you even look at these leagues? Must be tough as a Barca support to only win 5 of the last 7 La Liga titles, or as a supporter of Juve, to only win 4 straight in Serie A.

Meanwhile, you mistakenly believe your own competition competitive, a silly assertion contradicted by a simple glance at La Liga's history.

Actually no it wasn't wide open last year

What the hell has last year got to do with this?

Try watching the leagues this year. There is great balance in la liga and serie A this year

God knows why you are mentioning what happened in previous years which has nothing to do with now

Jair Ventura

Actually no it wasn't wide open last year

PSG was in 3rd at the winter break and only secured the league after the 35th match day.

What the hell has last year got to do with this?

Are you going to pretend your stance would have been different had we had this conversation 6 months earlier?

Try watching the leagues this year. There is great balance in la liga and serie A this year

God knows why you are mentioning what happened in previous years which has nothing to do with now

This makes no sense. The only way to determine a leagues general competitiveness is to look at its historical table.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
I didn't even mention competitiveness, just that the quality of football in Ligue 1 is shit and therefore cannot be compared to the leagues you mentioned. But yes, since you mention it it's also way less competitive. La Liga was at least never a one-horse race, and nowadays it has three real contenders which is more than almost any top league.

Jair Ventura

I didn't even mention competitiveness, just that the quality of football in Ligue 1 is shit and therefore cannot be compared to the leagues you mentioned.

Interesting suggestion to make when players from leagues comparable to Ligue 1; the Brasileiro, the Primera League, or even the French championship itself walk directly into Spanish clubs and are dominant ala Neymar today, or Ronaldinho yesterday.

But yes, since you mention it it's also way less competitive. La Liga was at least never a one-horse race, and nowadays it has three real contenders which is more than almost any top league.

Nowadays Barcelona is working on their 6th La Liga title in 8 years. Hardly competitive.

KingLeo10

Nowadays Barcelona is working on their 6th La Liga title in 8 years. Hardly competitive.

you are a clown if you attribute that to a lack of competitiveness in the league versus barca having their golden generation and one of the greatest teams of all time. your PSG wouldn't beat out any of the real madrid squads starting from 09-10 to right now.

La liga is the hardest league to win by far. Nowhere in Europe do you have three teams of the qualities of Barca, RM and Atletico.

Ligue 1 is made up of mediocre players, bar the strong minority of talented youngsters.

Home of Barca Fans