Antoine Griezmann

JamDav1982

Miguel Rico mentioned that a few weeks ago but now I've searched that article and it says his clause for Barça is still 200M until July 2018. Don't know why or if this is true but if United or another club will pay his clause before July then we can't do much. Unless he prefers to join us and is willing to wait until after WC.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...-barca-griezmann-aun-cuesta-200-millones.html

Why? If he really has that clause in his contract then he accepted it.

Buy him in August then.

kilian

Why? If he really has that clause in his contract then he accepted it.

Because Barca can give him the money to pay the supposed lower release clause, just like PSG (Qatar) gave money to Neymar. It doesn`t make sense to have that type of release clause, because it`s easily avoidable.

Xaviniesta

I really doubt such a clause exists (might even be illegal). Also, we have a good relationship with Atletico

I don't think Theo Hernandez had an anti-madrid clause.

5ergio_Busquets

Why would Griezmann accept a condition that limits his options?
He was doing them a favor when he accepted his release clause to be raised, so he was in a stronger position to dictate his terms.

Neeraj

As a couple of people here have mentioned, that Barca specific clause makes no sense. The whole point of a buy-out is that you are a free agent and can do whatever the hell you want. Technically, he's buying himself out, Barca isn't paying the buyout, so it's impossible for such a clause to exist.

Messi983

I don't know if that specific Barça clause really stands in his contract but if it does then he agreed to that when signing a new contract this summer, that was my point. Miguel Rico usually knows what he's writing about so it could be true. And if it's true then I don't think he really wants to join us. And in that case it's irrelevant for us whether his clause is 100M or 200M.

I believe he already has a pre-deal with Man United and will join them. He'd already do that this summer if not for Atletico's transfer ban.

Adversus

Griezmann gave an interview this February and the reason why he ruled us out was MSN. I'm pretty much sure Griezmann would prefer Barça over United any day. It is not just about the chance of winning titles but also about the difference in lifestyle between these two cities and he already said that he has doubts about living in Britain. It is also an incentive to have the chance of playing with Messi. Every footballer knows that having Leo besides you makes everything easier for you + it is well known that Leo is a team player and welcomes other great players with open arms.
We can argue about signing a younger player because you can get more out of him longterm, but short- to midterm Griezmann will be the best choice for 100m if Valverde wants to continue with the current system. After all Messi has done for this club we owe him to buy Griezmann because he would be the perfect addition to our forward line.

Here is a link to the interview: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-madrid-premier-league-transfer-a7581031.html

I have a funny feeling Griezmann will be playing with Messi next season whether it's for Barca or someone else.

Unless the board make a statement signing (probably more than one) Messi is going to look at what club offers him the best chance of winning things in the twilight of his career.

Adversus

Because Barca can give him the money to pay the supposed lower release clause, just like PSG (Qatar) gave money to Neymar. It doesn`t make sense to have that type of release clause, because it`s easily avoidable.

Does the tax man not prevent that or at least make it more costly. If PSG "give" money to Neymar then that's income and will therefore be taxed. I know the tax lawyers will try and wiggle out of it by claiming Neymar is a "company" but if the contract explicitly states only Neymar the individual can pay himself out then I don't see how that could be the case.

xXKonan

According to MD Griezmann is Barça's 1st choice to strengthen the frontline next summer. His buyout fee was lowered to 100M on July 1st.

I want it to happen just to see the meltdowns on Redcafe.

aaron101

According to MD Griezmann is Barça's 1st choice to strengthen the frontline next summer. His buyout fee was lowered to 100M on July 1st.

I want it to happen just to see the meltdowns on Redcafe.

Question is, does he want to come? It was reported several times ago that he would want to play for United in the future and he grew up as a Beckham and United fan. We should give Arda back to Atletico for free plus 100M to get Griezmann. Just maybe they want Arda back lol.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Griezmann, Coutinho, Goretzka and Marlon back assuming Mascherano leaves after the World Cup + Alenya promoted.

What a transfer window that could be.

What it is going to be though;

Joaquin Correa, Jonathan Viera and Inigo Martinez.

:bartomeu:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's not good enough

giphy.gif

Home of Barca Fans