Antoine Griezmann

wisconsincule

Just scored and had one go off the crossbar off a back heel earlier. Still not convinced we need him lol

Edit- add a chip off the post

BarçaBarça

I don't need to fit every great player in our squad into a starting-11 to see that Griezmann would benefit this team.
Would be a blessing for Valverde not as hard as a problem as people make it out. Our players or not 2000s Real Madrid Galacticos, imo.
Valverde can make them happy and make the hard decisions.

Devils

Of course he isn't as good as Suarez. He never was or will be as talented.

Great player nonetheless.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Well Griezmann has better ball control, better dribbling and better passing than Suarez. Hard to say he is less talented.
Suarez has qualities that make him a killer striker (movement, positioning, usually finishing) and his attitude and motivation combined with his instinct lead to crucial goals in the biggest matches.

Both are world class players, that is for sure.

Serbian

Well Griezmann has better ball control, better dribbling and better passing than Suarez. Hard to say he is less talented.
Suarez has qualities that make him a killer striker (movement, positioning, usually finishing) and his attitude and motivation combined with his instinct lead to crucial goals in the biggest matches.

Both are world class players, that is for sure.
my ass Suarez has workd class ball control, dribbling....yea griezz uses his speed for dribbling he has no dribbling he is like ronaldo in his prime just quickness. Suarez still can dribble with nutmegs lol, anyhow Suarez is levels better than griez, look at the goals look at the volleys look at key passing assists ect Suarez takes giant dump on griez

Nothanks

when was the last time suarez pulled off a nutmeg? his dribbling is very bad this season compared to his prime.. so i would rate antoine higher in that aspect.

I'm now against buying him. I wanted him at first so we could ease the burden on Messi on Suarez as they got older, rotate him with our other attackers for a season or two until we slowly phased Suarez out of the team. But after seeing the way Valverde picks his teams and the manner in which he rotates players Griezmann would only cause more problems than he would do us good. In Valverde we're talking about a guy who rarely rested a 34 year old Iniesta in the lead up to the CL knockouts, started him and ran him into the ground every single match despite his age and the fact we had a world class substitute available in Coutinho. This is also a guy who benched Semedo, an actual RB who was playing well for no apparent for a defensively mediocre midfielder. He also opted to play Pique in the second leg of a Copa match in a tie we were already leading knowing full well that he could further injure himself and miss important CL matches.

The bottom line is that Valverde is stubborn, plays favourites, does not like to rotate and likes to run players as old as dirt and carrying knocks into the ground. I haven't even mentioned the fact he favours more defensive setup over employing an attacking style of play. What will happen when we have Coutinho, Dembele, Suarez, Messi and Griezmann is within the first month or two Valverde will choose his favourites and alienate the remainder of the players. Ideally he would rotate Suarez, but he refuses to even rotate a much older Iniesta ahead of CL matches, so there's no way Suarez will be rested to free up some more playing time for others. Suarez and Messi will definitely start every match, Coutinho will get a lot of minutes in midfield next season with Iniesta possibly leaving or declining to a point we'll have no choice but phase him out of the team. That would leave Dembele and Griezmann fighting for one spot in attack. Valverde will choose one and completely devoid the other of playing time and sit him on the bench every match. A system of fluid rotation is not feasible under Valverde, nor is benching one 100m+ star. All it would do is cause disharmony in the locker room, generate unnecessary transfer rumor distractions and most likely a massive loss when we're forced to sell one in the summer for a lot less than what we paid.

I'm out.

Last edited:

Messi983

unnamed.png

M

MessiCam

[MENTION=22413]Ousmane Dembélé[/MENTION] is right. There was never a place for him in this team. Where is he gonna play? Behind Suárez? Left wing? Right wing? Will he bench Suárez? Suárez and Rakitic have proven to be unbenchable for Valverde and his system is tailored to these two.

Who is Griezmann when the best player the game has ever seen is reduced to a midfielder so teacher's pets can be comfortable.

Home of Barca Fans