Antoine Griezmann

in this case i would prefer Dybala or Martial, even though first one would probably cost 150mil and other doesnt seem to be for sale. What about Martial contract?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Griezmanns is cheaper and better suited to Barca, he's also more versatile and la liga proven

Last edited:

Djab

Watched the AM-Girona first half and despite Griezzy scoring a goal, he doesn’t really play as a real striker in the match. Plays more like a defensive midfielder there when they defend, a playmaker when they counter and when they attack from a build-up he joins Costa. In the majority of the match game he’s nowhere to be seen near the box. But he is clinical when he finds an opportunity.

Gets substituted in 70th minute and almost immediately Atleti concedes. Griezzman has a lot of defensive contributions and is fairly successful in it. But don’t think he’ll be playing like this here at Barça. He’ll not be defending at this rate which is like he’s life depends on it.

Last edited:
At the moment he is far superior than them, but i think for now we are more the great in attack. We must think at least 2 years from now, when Messi wont be able to do magical stuff that he is doing right now on daily basis. Griezmann will also start to decline by that time

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
4 players for 3 positions isn't too bad.

Even if it doesn't work out you can sell Griezmann for a profit in 2019. No big deal. The guy want to stay in Spain and win trophies.

And it's not like we're going to sacrifice a position just to sign him. We're still in talks to sign Arthur in the summer according to his agent. Now Arthur might or might not be the best choice for the MF profile we're looking after, but the point is, we're still most likely going to sign him.

Some of you complain too much. I would prob prefer Harry Kane right now too, but we don't have 200m to spend when Suarez is still decent when on form. If Suarez was finished we'd prob try to sign a proper CF.

As I see it Suarez won't stay here past 2019 or 2020 at the most. By then you can try for Kane if he's available or use our French group of players to court Mbappé.

None of these players are primadonnas. None of them will kick up a fuss if not played every single game. You can rotate almost every game with four such players. I don't count Coutinho since he's an attacking midfielder.

You can also line up with several systens. In games we're behind, we could even play all of them to get a goal and break a bus :lol:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Watched the AM-Girona first half and despite Griezzy scoring a goal, he doesn’t really play as a real striker in the match. Plays more like a defensive midfielder there when they defend, a playmaker when they counter and when they attack from a build-up he joins Costa. In the majority of the match game he’s nowhere to be seen near the box. But he is clinical when he finds an opportunity.

Gets substituted in 70th minute and almost immediately Atleti concedes. Griezzman has a lot of defensive contributions and is fairly successful in it. But don’t think he’ll be playing like this here at Barça. He’ll not be defending at this rate which is like he’s life depends on it.

I think him dropping deep might have something to do with Diego Costa being up front. When they didn't have Diego Costa Griezmann was much closer to the box.

Givenchy

look at Madrids depth last year, that was a key to their success. the more depth the better and Dembele is 20 ffs, regardless of the fee he needs time to settle in and prove himself (which he will), were Barca not Dortmund.

apperantly 28 is over the hill now, seriously this isn't FM youth challenge. if Griezmann gives us 3 years and we win a CL and a few la ligas its money well spent.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
look at Madrids depth last year, that was a key to their success. the more depth the better and Dembele is 20 ffs, regardless of the fee he needs time to settle in and prove himself (which he will), were Barca not Dortmund.

apperantly 28 is over the hill now, seriously this isn't FM youth challenge. if Griezmann gives us 3 years and we win a CL and a few la ligas its money well spent.

So the expectations are he is coming in as a sub? I have no qualms about adding depth and I am all for it, but 100m for a sub who will likely be on a very high wage?

raki

He´s 26. Will be 27 in the summer. Hhe´s a great player. The Simeone system hurts his talent. Blatantly.

Givenchy

So the expectations are he is coming in as a sub? I have no qualms about adding depth and I am all for it, but 100m for a sub who will likely be on a very high wage?

Griezmann won't be a sub, likely Dembele will start from the bench and with Suarez getting older needing some rest Dembele will get his chances. a front 3 of Messi, Griezmann and Dembele will be a versatile attack i guess it depends on Valverdes formation plans

also 26? i thought he was already 27.. even better

Home of Barca Fans