Antoine Griezmann

Messi983

How is it possible to get him without paying 100m??? There is no chance in hell ATM will allow that.

It just means that Atletico will accept our 100M bid so Griezmann won't need to buy out his contract. We are in good relationship with Atleti and they probably promised him they'll let him go this summer after he stayed with them during their transfer ban.

Messi983

And if we get Coutinho? Put Dembele, Coutinho, Messi, Suarez and Griezmann together in any of this formations. No way you can :D

Honestly, I don't see any formation to play all of them at the same time. Probably the only one would be to play Coutinho as deep lying midfielder alongside Busquets in 4-2-3-1 but this would be suicidal against top teams.

Vilarrubi

Honestly, I don't see any formation to play all of them at the same time. Probably the only one would be to play Coutinho as deep lying midfielder alongside Busquets in 4-2-3-1 but this would be suicidal against top teams.

Suarez would have to leave for them all to work. But If he did we would have a dangerous looking attack.

I’d have Griezmann LW Messi CF dropping when he needs and Dembele RW. Griezmann never sticks to a certain position either.. like Messi. I’m sure that front three would cause some serious problems for opponents. Then Coutinho is the obvious replacement for Iniesta at LCM.. can drop deep and go forward like for Liverpool. He’s what we’re lacking the most in midfield.

Last edited:

Messi983

Suarez would have to leave for them all to work. But If he did we would have a dangerous looking attack.

I’d have Greizmann LW Messi CF dropping when he needs and Dembele RW. Griezmann never sticks to a certain position either.. like Messi. I’m sure that front three would cause some serious problems for opponents. Then Coutinho is the obvious replacement for Iniesta at LCM.. can drop deep and go forward like for Liverpool. He’s what we’re lacking the most in midfield.

Agree with that but we all know Suarez is not going anywhere.

Judoman

And if we get Coutinho? Put Dembele, Coutinho, Messi, Suarez and Griezmann together in any of this formations. No way you can :D

In this case, the problem would not be formation, but defensive balance. Coutinho can play MF, but i do agree there s no chance they all play together at the same time.

Rb.....Cb......Cb.......Lb

Busi....Coutinho

Dembele.....Messi.......Griezmann

Suarez

Perverse attack, but questonable/weak defence:lol:

3-4-3 perhaps? Also...lack of balance

Semedo/Sergio.........Busi/Paulinho/Rakitic..........Coutinho/Iniesta.........Griezmann

Dembele..........Messi..............Suarez

4-4-1-1

Dembele...........Busi.............Coutinho..........Griezmann

Messi

Suarez

Vilarrubi

Agree with that but we all know Suarez is not going anywhere.

Sad reality. He’s been a bit better the last couple of games but still can’t see him getting back to what he used to be like.

Combination of age and no competition for his place imo. Plus him being Messi’s best friend and what he did for us in the treble season etc doesn’t help the case for selling him.

Messi983

Sad reality. He’s been a bit better the last couple of games but still can’t see him getting back to what he used to be like.

Combination of age and no competition for his place imo. Plus him being Messi’s best friend and what he did for us in the treble season etc doesn’t help the case for selling him.

I can't either but hopefully he can get at least back to 70-80% of his previous level so he'll still be useful player for the next two years. Then in 2020 maybe he'll accept a backup role in the last year of his contract or even want to leave. Though I don't really see any possible destinations for him. Liverpool is probably the only club he'd return to in EPL but they don't need him. I think he prefers family happiness over money so I don't see him going to China/Qatar, and while I could be wrong about this I also don't think he'd like to live in US so MLS is probably also not an option. That's why I think he'll stay here until his contract runs up and then maybe return to Uruguay. Or he'll go to Newell's Old Boys with Messi. :)

wisconsincule

With Suarez being the incumbent and not looking like he will move on I don’t see how it would work. At this point we need Coutihno more and I think Coutihno would help this team more.

Raketa10

In this case, the problem would not be formation, but defensive balance. Coutinho can play MF, but i do agree there s no chance they all play together at the same time.

Rb.....Cb......Cb.......Lb

Busi....Coutinho

Dembele.....Messi.......Griezmann

Suarez

Perverse attack, but questonable/weak defence:lol:

3-4-3 perhaps? Also...lack of balance

Semedo/Sergio.........Busi/Paulinho/Rakitic..........Coutinho/Iniesta.........Griezmann

Dembele..........Messi..............Suarez

4-4-1-1

Dembele...........Busi.............Coutinho..........Griezmann

Messi

Suarez

All of this would be suicidal against top teams. Only way we could play this is against Levante or Getafe at home :D
Even in FIFA 18 it does not work. Believe me, I have tried! :lol:

Last edited:
All of this would be suicidal against top teams. Only way we could play this is against Levante or Getafe at home :D
Even in FIFA 18 it does not work. Believe me, I have tried! :lol:

Coutinho in a two man midfield with two defensive deadweights in Messi and Suarez and this team would be torn a new one in the Clasico and big CL matches.

I you want Coutinho and Griezmann Suarez has to leave, simple as that.

George_Costanza

Screen_Shot_2017-12-13_at_6.02.44_PM.png

Home of Barca Fans