Antoine Griezmann

SeloBarca

If we get rid of the shit players, there should be no problem, unless Bartomeu has spent the Neymar money on wages or hoes.

aaron101

Griezmann ?! Really ?
Where is he gonna play if he comes ? Griezmann and Messi in the same team won't work. They both play behind the striker. Griezmann can't take Suarez's spot because Griezmann isn't a number 9.
What's the point in buying this guy and making him play out of position ?

Barça has to purchase a young number 9 who'd replace Suarez in the long term.

Well, Barca is notorious for buying players for the position we already have and plays them out of position (David Villa, Thierry Henry, Mascherano etc.)

BarçaBarça

Griezmann playing for Atletico and for Barca surely should be two completely different things due to playing style.
Therefore his previous positions shouldn't scare people - only if he wasn't an intelligent player, which he obviously is.

And just a reminder: Last season Real Madrid won the league and CL not by playing well, being innovative in tactics, but simply by having the best squad in the world. Great team-members all around can also win you trophies, and adding Griezmann to this squad can never be a bad thing. Tbh, he is future ballon d'or potential with his national team, and with improvement here at barca (when messi is close to retirement).

FC433

^ I agree. I personally would rather we bring a new U23 ST instead of getting rid of Suarez. Dolberg?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not good enough yet. Not close to good enough.

You don't bring an U23 CF unless there is someone good enough to play for the team right now and there simply isn't. Timo Werner possibly could be, but question marks over his fit.

FC433

Timo Werner is just like Griezmann. He would not come unless we get rid of Suarez and I do not think he is good enough yet. I do not think there is anyone who can replace Suarez right now.

Sorin

We need movement w/o the ball. Messi and now Coutinho are aces with the ball at their feet, we need players running the channels upfront. Griezman is good at that. Imo he'll fit right in. However, a wc mid should also come alongside. Don't know who that is but we need it.

Jombi

We need movement w/o the ball. Messi and now Coutinho are aces with the ball at their feet, we need players running the channels upfront. Griezman is good at that. Imo he'll fit right in. However, a wc mid should also come alongside. Don't know who that is but we need it.

Valverde will have no options at all. The superstars will have to play all the time, no bench time for anyone and tactically, that can be a major problem for Valverde and the team.

Sorin

All star quality depth. Needed for 3 comps next season. In 2 years Suarez will be a lesser player and instead of paying a record fee for his replacement, we'll have ready made Griezmann as starter.

I mean we do have to replace Suarez sooner rather than later. Who are our options? Maybe Timo Werner if he doesn't get bought by another top team like Bayern. Lewandowski is 30 as well. Still Timo has a long way until he'll match Griezmann imo.

Total-Football

i dont see us having the financial requirements for a 100 millions move. we spent a fortune on dembele and coutinho.if only it were coutinho and griezman.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
i dont see us having the financial requirements for a 100 millions move. we spent a fortune on dembele and coutinho.if only it were coutinho and griezman.

Neymar transfer has allowed this to be possible, also barca has a lot more money than before because of new sponsorships

Home of Barca Fans