Antoine Griezmann

Jombi

AS are wrong then as there is no way likes of Raki is on around 235k a week before tax.

Paulinho was on 7m total in China and took a wage drop.

Well aware AS is not Sport.

OK, so now you claim both AS and Sport are wrong, but you have yet to come up with a credible link that prove they are all wrong.

JamDav1982

OK, so now you claim both AS and Sport are wrong, but you have yet to come up with a credible link that prove they are all wrong.

I have shown you what Paulinho was on in China and yes if AS is claiming Raki is on 235k a week, Pique on over 350k and Masch on around 250k a week they are clearly wrong.

Paulinho is not on 10m net you have shown nothing in relation to his wages in China or Spain other than using obviously wrong 'net' figures of other players.

Jombi

I have shown you what Paulinho was on in China and yes if AS is claiming Raki is on 235k a week, Pique on over 350k and Masch on around 250k a week they are clearly wrong.

Paulinho is not on 10m net you have shown nothing in relation to his wages in China or Spain other than using obviously wrong 'net' figures of other players.

So you just decide to trust the "statista" link which you claim show only gross wages, instead of football media like Sport and AS that specifically point out that they refer to net wages. If you dont have any more credible sources, I will believe Sport, AS and Mundo Deportivo when they refer to net wages of La Liga players. Paulinho is not on 10m net, we can agree on that. He's on 5m net according to the best sources we have.

JamDav1982

So you just decide to trust the "statista" link which you claim show only gross wages, instead of football media like Sport and AS that specifically point out that they refer to net wages. If you dont have any more credible sources, I will believe Sport, AS and Mundo Deportivo when they refer to net wages of La Liga players. Paulinho is not on 10m net, we can agree on that. He's on 5m net according to the best sources we have.

Yes I trust them in relation to every other article in how the top wages in China have been reported.

Paulinho is not on 5m net. It is a lie.

Was on less than in China where he was regularly reported as being on 7m a year gross.

There is no 'best source' other than Sport who contradict other websites that state his wages in China which are in line with how other top wages in China are reported.

The best sources of any say he was on 7m gross.

Last edited:

springfield

The AS article states that those are the net salaries, but i don't think you can trust it. If you look at Modric, his contract was leaked and the salary seems to match with the one in the contract. But that whould be before tax because i don't think they put net salaries in a contract since a company has to pay out a gross salary.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
No way in hell he leaves Atleti in January.

Not sure would I want him for 100 mil. anyway. He'll be 27 or 28 next season and we need young blood and pace not getting players for his last fat paycheck.

The club needs to draw a lesson from Arda deal.

Nothanks

he's 26 turning 27 in march, hardly an old player, given a 5 year contract means he'll have a year left when he turns 31...

I'm not saying he is going to be good but this fear people have about buying players when they are entering their peak doesn't make much sense to me.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We have Messi up-front. Just saying we can't afford to have 2 players up-front that don't work hard off the ball. Re-sale value would be low or zero as well.

Givenchy

i say fuck it, just go for it. Griezmann-Messi-Dembele would have us sorted in attack for the next few years and we can focus on the midfield in the summer

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana

Not sure would I want him for 100 mil. anyway. He'll be 27 or 28 next season and we need young blood and pace not getting players for his last fat paycheck.

We'd easily get 5-6 seasons out of him, barring any grave injuries.

dakt

Wasn't Suarez about the same age when he joined us?

khaled_a_d

Plenty of older players were great deals. Zidane was 29 when RM signed him, Figo 28. Henry was 30 when joined and served us well and was difference maker for us, same for Villa etc
Thing is he has been poor this year, that is worrying
Anyway, international break

dakt

Indeed he is kind of poor this season. What is probably more worrying is that I don't remember seeing him dominating in big games.

Home of Barca Fans