Antoine Griezmann

M

MessiCam

What about Jorginho from Napoli?

Jorginho is a defensive midfielder although I can see him as deep lying playmaker alongside Busquets. The issue is he would be about as difficult to sign as Verratti. Napoli drive a hard bargain...

RMU ReBorn

Please don't go for him. 32 year old Suarez can still deliver in the big stage compared to this choker . We don't need him to win La liga .

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He is only going to be a short-term patch rather than a long-term replacement and solution in our attacking department, and a questionable one. To me he is not clinical enough and lately he is getting lazier and lazier, his off the ball movement is getting worse. Just not good enough.

henias

Griezmann is not any younger and is definitely no genius compared to Suarez. His shooting techniques are honestly not that great, cant really score under pressure, and not very clinical at all. He's just a little faster and is a bit more versatile that's all. Suarez as a whole is far deadlier striker, Come to think of it, I just dont see why Barcelona shud go for him.

FCBfan22

Actually I think if we get Griezmann, he would have the biggest chance of all of our recent signings to be a flop. Still not a big one, but the biggest one out of Coutinho, Dembele and him.

The questions I have about those 3 signings, if they all happen:

Coutinho:
How fast will he integrate into our squad, especially into the #8 role where he will be used the most?
Nothing else... he will be great here.

Dembele:
Can he stay injury free?
Can he learn to play with Messi (I think this is hard, because of Leo's free role and unpredictability...)?
Can he fulfill his defensive duties when playing RM in defence?
If he does these 3 things he will be a success here.

Griezmann:
Is he prepared to sit on a bench more?
Can he be motivated to play on the highest level again?
Can he learn to play with Leo?
Is he prepared to / Can play out of position?
Is he able to do the defensive duty while playing in front 3 with Leo and Luis?
Will he block Alba when playing LW?
Can he adapt to the possession style of play?

That are my concerns, but if he comes here, I think he will overcome them. In the end, he wants to win trophies, so I'm sure he is prepared to make sacrifices.

Jombi

Signing Griezmann would certainly mean a radical departure from the way we have played this season. He'll get an incredible wage and there will be massive pressure to play him all the time. Being left footed, it would be interesting to see how he'll be able to play on the left for us.

Zincubus

Banned
Actually I think if we get Griezmann, he would have the biggest chance of all of our recent signings to be a flop. Still not a big one, but the biggest one out of Coutinho, Dembele and him.

Coutinho:
How fast will he integrate into our squad, especially into the #8 role where he will be used the most?

Dembele:
Can he stay injury free?
Can he learn to play with Messi (I think this is hard, because of Leo's free role and unpredictability...)?

Griezmann:

That are my concerns, but if he comes here, I think he will overcome them. In the end, he wants to win trophies, so I'm sure he is prepared to make sacrifices.

There's no concerns as regards Coutinho as he's a genius player imho .
He's gonna be linking with Suarez ( again) and they had a wonderful understanding and anyone can play with Messi

FCBfan22

There's no concerns as regards Coutinho as he's a genius player imho .
He's gonna be linking with Suarez ( again) and they had a wonderful understanding and anyone can play with Messi

That's why I said when will he integrate not will he integrate...

;)

Givenchy

Coutinho:

Dembele:
Can he stay injury free?

Griezmann:

Actually I think it'll likely be Dembele who spends more time on the bench, hes still young and adapting and when Suarez needs a rest - Dembele-Messi-Griezmann

i was all for Griezmann before but if Suarez keeps up his form for another season or 2 id rather we go for a controlling midfielder and a promising #9. dont think you can read too much into Griezmanns form this season, hes miserable and his hearts obviously not with Atleti anymore.. i think this one is already wrapped up for the summer before the WC

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Actually I think it'll likely be Dembele who spends more time on the bench, hes still young and adapting and when Suarez needs a rest - Dembele-Messi-Griezmann

i was all for Griezmann before but if Suarez keeps up his form for another season or 2 id rather we go for a controlling midfielder and a promising #9

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign both Griezmann and Arthur. I'm not sure how it all will work, but hey I'm not the coach.

Good thing though is that none of these players are primadonnas. Especially Griezmann who's at times almost played like a defensive midfielder at Atletico :lol:

Last edited:

xXKonan

img_dsalvador_20180120-000742_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_20.jpg

Givenchy

I wouldn't be surprised if we sign both Griezmann and Arthur. I'm not sure how it all will work, but hey I'm not the coach.

Good thing though is that none of these players are primadonnas. Especially Griezmann who's at times almost played like a defensive midfielder at Atletico :lol:

damn I totally forgot about Arthur :lol: not sure if i'd paid 50mil for him but maybe Barto can work his magic :bartomeu:

I know people like to call him a choker but i think Griezmann will step up a level at Barca, like you say hes kinda shackled at Atleti

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
damn I totally forgot about Arthur :lol: not sure if i'd paid 50mil for him but maybe Barto can work his magic :bartomeu:

I know people like to call him a choker but i think Griezmann will step up a level at Barca, like you say hes kinda shackled at Atleti

Throw in some orgies for the Gremio President and we might work out something :bartomeu:

serghei

i was all for Griezmann before but if Suarez keeps up his form for another season or 2 id rather we go for a controlling midfielder and a promising #9. dont think you can read too much into Griezmanns form this season, hes miserable and his hearts obviously not with Atleti anymore.. i think this one is already wrapped up for the summer before the WC

The big issue would be that Griezmann is the bird in the hand almost for 100m. If you are suddenly in a position in which you need to replace Suarez for a starter you might spend a lot more to sign someone who might even be not as good, and not as available as Griezmann. Not to mention that Suarez and Griezmann are perfectly capable to complement each other as they are pretty different. And if you add Dembele's age and his injury problems, it becomes a pretty great transfer to make. Forget about the midfield controller. Don't need that. With a Coutinho added in midfield and with Griezmann and Dembele in the offensive areas, we've made the transition for years. At least 4.

That right there is the best team in the world on paper.

1656343_FC_Barcelona.jpg

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans