Antoine Griezmann

Morten

honestly Modric deserves the world cup mvp and most likely Ballon d'Or considering he also won the champions league

Doesnt really deserve the ballon dor, had a good tournament, but im not so sure he really deserved best player award either, not a scandal that he got it though.
I love Modric, and he has been good for us and Croatia, but thats not quite enough for a ballon dor.

CatalinR10

Be a grown man and celebrate how characters in a kids game do

Kante should slap his face with his big black balls before he joins us . Would make me love the guy even more.

Devils

Modric in the KO stages of the world cup - 0 goals and 1 assist - B'Dor campaign underway and POTT.

Messi (2014) in the KO stages of the world cup - 0 goals 1 assist - Flopped and undeserved POTT trophy.

Despicable agenda against Messi FFS. Real Madrid control the media and have a unreal power in twisting the story to make it seem like their players are the most deserving.

Disgusting domination of media power much like their dominance of the champions league in recent seasons FFS.

Devils

[tw]1018478104707260416[/tw]

Unreal influence.

Will end his career with France as their biggest big game player ever.

FFS incredible.

Mitchell1978

Modric in the KO stages of the world cup - 0 goals and 1 assist - B'Dor campaign underway and POTT.

Messi (2014) in the KO stages of the world cup - 0 goals 1 assist - Flopped and undeserved POTT trophy.

Despicable agenda against Messi FFS. Real Madrid control the media and have a unreal power in twisting the story to make it seem like their players are the most deserving.

And that Argentina scored only 2 goals in the knock out phase (with Messi involved in the build up in both goals), Croatia scored 7 goals in the knock out phase.
Off course they play different positions but like you illustrate narrative is everything it seems.
Imo both deserved the World Cup golden ball.

Abeir Toril

Here he is! The best player during WC. I know that he was not so much impressive, so much visible on the pitch, however Atletico came out of him completely - was very intelligent, responsible, cunning, his goals and assists were always crucial. And the thing that let you get to know who the real leader is – the more he was needed, the better he played. He actually dragged France throughout the tournament. Eden and Luka played in teams with many imperfections, they stood out from their teammates and gave more flair with dribblings, playmaking. That's why I think many believe they deserve more.

thefa

Banned
Lot of posters talking about a possible Ballon d'Or because the magazine that gives the award is French...Where is this coming from? I don't recall any obvious French bias from them tbh. Remember Zidane won the FIFA player of the year award 3 times but only got one Ballon D'or..

Raketa10

Disgusting domination of media power much like their dominance of the champions league in recent seasons FFS.

LOOOOL dude Modric is a DM/CM player so NO you can not compare his contribution to the team only trough goals and assists. He was immense!!! And he is unbelievably important to RM and Croatian NT. He was by far the best player of the tournament. He worked for the entire team so I really can't understand how can you even compare his and Messi's performance in this WC. It's incomparable!

He's not even better than Mbappe. Anyone who has eyes and a brain can see that.

Of course he is not. Mbappe was by far the best player of the France NT.

In the end I am soooo glad this was not the World Cup of Messi or the Word Cup of Ronaldo. It was the World Cup of teams and not individuals and we didn't have that for some time now. Football is a team sport and it should stay like that forever! Some people tend to forget that quite often nowadays.

Last edited:

Catta

ramoscrownsgriezmann_800x450.png

:lol:

Home of Barca Fans