Antoine Griezmann

FCBfan22

Whilst I'd be more than happy to get Griezmann for £100 million in the summer ...

I'm just unsure why you're all so confident he will chose us when he will obviously get far better personal terms elsewhere .. it appears to be nonsense that we have an agreement for him - both clubs have just days ago said there is NO agreement in place .... In fact there seems to be an air of animosity between both teams ..

Why he would come here?

1. We are proven winners over the last few years, unlike P$G, City and United. He wants to win trophies. He wouldn't get much playing time in P$G.
2. He wants to stay in Spain. If he goes to RM, he will ruin his legacy with Atletico, so the only choice is Barca.
3. To live in, Barcelona > Manchester.
4. Umtiti, Dembele and Digne play for us, so he has his friends here.

El Guaje

Why he would come here?

1. We are proven winners over the last few years, unlike P$G, City and United. He wants to win trophies. He wouldn't get much playing time in P$G.
2. He wants to stay in Spain. If he goes to RM, he will ruin his legacy with Atletico, so the only choice is Barca.
3. To live in, Barcelona > Manchester.
4. Umtiti, Dembele and Digne play for us, so he has his friends here.
5. He wouldnt have a shit salary here either.

draconifire

Whilst I would love to have him here. World class player with half the price. And not a player who seems to be a primadonna.
But I have my doubts about him being a sole striker as we need to replace Suarez in a year or two. And with Suarez in the team, I don't see any place for him on the team without dropping Dembele.

jamrock

Barca did contribute to teh crazy marker by being willing to pay 40m for a player that's in China, it kinda worked out with his return on goals this season, but no other club in the world would have done that.

No clubs will be expecting 40M for some okish bench players going forward.

The dembele money we had to spend because we were between a rock & a hard place so no choice there.

Psg are paying transfer sums and wages at a rate that the only way clubs can compete is if a players really wants to play for a club with history.

VVD money was primarily because klopp seemed fixated on only one defender & the whole tapping up business which case the market will demand crazy money.

Before this pass summer more than 50-60m for a player durtmond paid 15 for would have been crazy and 100m for griezmann would have been a lot, now it's a steal. Crazy as that is. Lol I laugh every time I think about these prices.

PS as anyone read that gab macotti article and especially that UEFA research link in it.

Givenchy

Whilst I'd be more than happy to get Griezmann for £100 million in the summer ...

I'm just unsure why you're all so confident he will chose us when he will obviously get far better personal terms elsewhere .. it appears to be nonsense that we have an agreement for him - both clubs have just days ago said there is NO agreement in place .... In fact there seems to be an air of animosity between both teams ..

if Griezmann wanted the United move he'd be there. once Neymar left us his head was turned, this is already done you'll see

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

If he chooses another team be my guest. We don't really need anyone who doesn't want to play for us.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes.

If he want to hold the club ransom he can go somewhere else. We can then just look at other options or strengthen other positions.

Co0ter

Where do we play Griezman with Suarez, Messi, Demebele and Coutinho in the starting line up? I don't understand the signing. They are all too big names, no one will want to sit the bench. Suarez is looking himself again and I rather have Suarez at his age than Griezman at his best- he is very overrated and never shows up in big games.

Nothanks

one sits out to rotate with the rest, it makes sense.

-----suarez------griezmann
------------messi
coutinho--busquets-----s.roberto
alba--umtiti----pique-----semedo
------------marc

subs: jasper, digne, mina, rakitic, iniesta, paulinho, dembele

thats a cl winning squad

Raketa10

one sits out to rotate with the rest, it makes sense.

-----suarez------griezmann
------------messi
coutinho--busquets-----s.roberto
alba--umtiti----pique-----semedo
------------marc

subs: jasper, digne, mina, rakitic, iniesta, paulinho, dembele

thats a cl winning squad

Even without Griezmann we have CL winning squad. If we buy him we'll need to rotate for sure. A player for 105 mil + variables (Dembele) can't sit on the bench!

FinBarcelonafan

Even without Griezmann we have CL winning squad. If we buy him we'll need to rotate for sure. A player for 105 mil + variables (Dembele) can't sit on the bench!

I think rotation would be great to squeeze everything out of Messi and Suarez. That's why we also bought Coutinho, so we could still use Iniesta in some games where we need him, but not every game, because it's too much for his body. Fresh Messi and Suarez will kill LaLiga next season.

I am really starting to like the idea of adding Griezmann. He could help us and it would.help rotating a lot. We could always have great players on field.

M

MessiCam

I think rotation would be great to squeeze everything out of Messi and Suarez. That's why we also bought Coutinho, so we could still use Iniesta in some games where we need him, but not every game, because it's too much for his body. Fresh Messi and Suarez will kill LaLiga next season.

I am really starting to like the idea of adding Griezmann. He could help us and it would.help rotating a lot. We could always have great players on field.

Too much rotation can be a hindrance too. I'm not a fan of over rotation.

khaled_a_d

Too much rotation can be a hindrance too. I'm not a fan of over rotation.

And it isn't like players will accept it easily, Messi has shown to be stubborn for being rested, Coutinho is brought for midfield no matter people keep claiming. This means rotations will be between Suarez,Griezman & Dembele. And all 3 would want to be sure starters.

M

MessiCam

And it isn't like players will accept it easily, Messi has shown to be stubborn for being rested, Coutinho is brought for midfield no matter people keep claiming. This means rotations will be between Suarez,Griezman & Dembele. And all 3 would want to be sure starters.

Yes, as things currently stand all signs point to a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. In a 4-2-3-1 there is no way Coutinho plays as a pivot so the rotation battle will be between Griezmann, Dembele, Suarez and Coutinho.

It's a good problem to have but I'm not fond of over rotations. We're not Liverpool.

Birdy

Yes, as things currently stand all signs point to a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. In a 4-2-3-1 there is no way Coutinho plays as a pivot so the rotation battle will be between Griezmann, Dembele, Suarez and Coutinho.
It's more simple than that. Given that Suarez can only play upfront contrary to Griezman, it will be
in most crucial games either Cou-Messi-Demb with Griez upfront or (if Dembele is not fit/in form) Cou-Messi-Griez with Suarez upfront
The scenario of Coutinio sitting for a Griez-Messi-Demb is less less likely

Home of Barca Fans