Antoine Griezmann

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Where is he going to play? Are we benching Messi?

Spending 120m on him means we will have no money to get the likes of De Ligt and Jovic. Plus this guy's salary is HUGE, 24m per year from Atletico, it is going to cripple our finance further.

Shoot ourselves in the foot if we get this piece of joke. I can't think of anything that makes our rivals happier than this.

Messigician

Where is he going to play? Are we benching Messi?

Spending 120m on him means we will have no money to get the likes of De Ligt and Jovic. Plus this guy's salary is HUGE, 24m per year from Atletico, it is going to cripple our finance further.

Shoot ourselves in the foot if we get this piece of joke. I can't think of anything that makes our rivals happier than this.

Theoretically classic 424 is an option

Dembele Suarez Greizmann Messi
Busquets Arthur
Alba Umtiti Pique Roberto
Ter Stegen

But this will only work against bottom to mid table laliga teams

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

Busquets Arthur
Ter Stegen

But this will only work against blttom to mid table laliga teams

And bench Suarez more often. He would be a great CF for us, imo.
We should bid 80M€ on him this summer to test of he will hand in a transfer-request. 120M is over the top, then he should have moved last year.

George_Costanza

Busquets Arthur
Ter Stegen

UFP60wK.gif

Nothanks

I'm not saying we should go for him but the question of where will he fit??

he is 4 years younger than a declining suarez, which means we'll have another world class player for 4 years assuming griezmann starts declining around the same time as suarez.
we'd make the most of our current squad rather than grooming a jovic or another youngster that might turn out to be like paco.

some posters here seem to prioritize making the most out of a messi in our squad, outlets saying we should be winning more CL's and if we can't now how would we win more when our GOAT leaves us.

Newcomer

Busquets Arthur
Ter Stegen

Lol.
You bought de Jong for 86 M with rumour of "guaranteed" playtime.

Think Griezmann should stay, if not his "decision" wouldn't be meaningful.

Messigician

Lol.
You bought de Jong for 86 M with rumour of "guaranteed" playtime.

Think Griezmann should stay, if not his "decision" wouldn't be meaningful.

De Jong said he knows he will have to earn his place in the starting 11 in the interview he did with the club

FCB1987

Banned
I don't know why people think it's impossible to rotate between three out of four quality forwards. Especially when two of them will be 32 and one of them has recurring injury problems.

Arizona Scott

I don't know why people think it's impossible to rotate between three out of four quality forwards. Especially when two of them will be 32 and one of them has recurring injury problems.

Agreed. Same with Jovic or any other forward. We want them to play, and at least lesson the load on Suarez (more games off and more less than 90 min appearances). We want a better Suarez and one who plays with us longer--part of that is having another viable forward so he can pick his spots--we can manage his time and moments more like how CR has been managed for years.

Now lessening the load for Messi in terms of filling out the roster with someone else and expecting similar play isn't quite possible by Griezmann (or anyone else), however giving him a speedy target who can finish and has all round skills (passing, pressing, good movement)--that is also good for Messi too.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I mean in theory it should be possible to rotate them, but Valverde doesn't give a fuck about your rotation theories :valverde:

Arizona Scott

I mean in theory it should be possible to rotate them, but Valverde doesn't give a fuck about your rotation theories :valverde:

We won't know that unless we had 3 Griezmann/Suarez/Dembele caliber players for 2 spots around Messi.

He seems to be rotating some among Busquets, Rakitic, Arthur and Vidal.

So if the quality is there, there is some evidence he rotates and will play the young ones regularly (Dembele, Arthur, Lenglet). No question they have to be very, very good, kinda good or promising (Malcom, Alena) doesn't cut it for him.

Home of Barca Fans