Antoine Griezmann

gregorrin10

How will he fit though? I'm not talking about the forums' idea on how, but rather EV's idea. He's not gonna drop Suarez, and Messi will obviously not be dropped. Since EV doesn't play wingers in his 4-4-2 it only leaves a 4-3-3 with Griezmann on the left, Suarez in the middle and Messi starting from the right with freedom to move as he pleases. Given that EV doesn't consider Coutinho as a midfielder that would leave Dembele, Cou and Malcolm as the backup forwards. 300+ ME backups?

Getting Griezmann poses a puzzle for EV which he, by looking at the Coutinho case, cannot find a solution for. Sell Coutinho at a, most likely, massive loss just go get Griezmann and hoping EV could finish that puzzle instead? Borders on insanity

If EV stays, Coutinho and Malcom will both be sold, i'm sure of it. EV probably won't manage to get rid of Dembele though, don't see the club giving up on him yet. I could see EV demanding Willian nonetheless so he and Dembele would then be the attacking rotations.

Catta

The only good attacking player at Barca is Messi, and yet there are some people who are against Griezmann.

Raketa10

After that "anti Griezmann" campaign in our locker room now I am for his signing much more than I was few days ago! What the fuck do our players think they are? If we indeed give up on him because some players were agains him than we are indeed pathetic club with the worst board ever.

Last edited:

cris29

Anything that puts Suarez on the bench is a good signing. However, Valverde will probably play him alongside Messi n Suarez...

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
After that "anti Griezmann" campaign in our locker room now I am for his signing much more than I was few days ago! What the fuck do our players think they are? If we indeed give upon him because some players were agains him than we are indeed pathetic club with the worst board ever.

Yeah. I didn’t really want us to sign him to begin with, but I’m starting to change my mind too. Especially after reading that Suarez is really against this transfer because he is pissing his pants in fear of playing less minutes. What a toxic dressing room we got these days.

Andrew M

Yeah. I didn’t really want us to sign him to begin with, but I’m starting to change my mind too. Especially after reading that Suarez is really against this transfer because he is pissing his pants in fear of playing less minutes. What a toxic dressing room we got these days.

I wouldn't say toxic at all. We have a tight group, but that doesn't necessarily mean it brings out great performances. Just too much power from senior figures who should have zero voice on signings.

If ppl can't see how bad we need a player with good technical abilities like gruezman, then idk what to tell you guys.
The failed dembele, coutinho, and Malcom are proof of that

xXKonan

If these guys think that highly of themselves then why worry about a little bit of competition?

I mean if they are as good as they think they are then surely he will have the confidence and ability to lock down his spot and instead of trying hide behind Messi and using their Lockerroom presence to pressure the coach into always starting them.

delancey

If ppl can't see how bad we need a player with good technical abilities like gruezman, then idk what to tell you guys.
The failed dembele, coutinho, and Malcom are proof of that

It is not about the quality of our individual players, that much is evident, but rather about our lack of leadership, coupled with a system that is defensive and uninspiring on a consistent basis. The players are unmotivated during sporadic times throughout the season, seemingly giving up in games that would define our season - the greatest honor in club football was in our hands. And we just gave up! This is a direct consequence of Valverde's ineptitude to lead our club and implement a system that suits our players and brand.

Andrew M

We need a proper squad build up, if we want to be successful post Messi.
It starts with a manager, and then building a proper core. (in fact with a board, but its impossible for now.)

We are already facing problems persuading players to join us, despite them having the chance to play with Messi, the GOAT.
What will you offer the players in future, if we are left with 35 year old bums, playing some boring defensive football 4-5 years later, choking in ClLs (I hope not) ?
If you say money, see the current state of Manchester United .

This current Galactico policy is not the Barca way, even Real Madrid are recruiting mostly young talents instead of spending 100m+ on established players.

No we're not

Home of Barca Fans