Results 5,206 to 5,220 of 5365

Thread: Antoine Griezmann

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we stick to the 433 then the most logical setups are:

1) Suarez - Messi - Griezmann.

Messi as false 9, Suarez and Griezmann overlap cutting in from both inside forward positions. Defensively, Suarez and Griezmann work off the ball for the 7KM man. Dembele is first sub for whoever tires first and first rotation. This option will basically look like what @Tackle posted above when in possession.

2) Suarez - Griezmann - Messi

What we had this season but Griezmann replacing Suarez as first forward and Suarez "graduating" to the Henry/Villa on the way out AML role.

I can't see anything with Messi at AMR and Griezmann at AML working. We lose all of Griezmann's best attributes doing that. But option 1) would be great, and even better if Dembele gets his schtick together and Suarez realises he is now an old man in the eyes of the football gods (which is Messi and erm, Rakitic wife).

Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    There's no one else on the market man. Literally no one else.
    Especially now Jovic is gone. The ManChild is the best option on the market, and the only world class forward who is available.

Best option for me (and I been repeating this for a few weeks) is Griezmann with Maxi Gomez as plan B(rute).
    Last edited by Porque; 12th June 2019 at 09:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura
    You can prove anything with facts. Facts cloud my judgement, I prefer to rely on instinct and blind prejudice.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Realistically, it's probably going to be Griezmann---Suarez---Messi, with Griezmann replacing Coutinho and doing the same role that Coutinho had.

Dembele to replace whoever is tired.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soul24rage View Post
    Realistically, it's probably going to be Griezmann---Suarez---Messi, with Griezmann replacing Coutinho and doing the same role that Coutinho had.

Dembele to replace whoever is tired.
    Which would be the worst option for maximising Griezmann. So Valverde will probably do it.

On the other hand, the sample size is quite small at 792minutes, but this is how incredibly well Griezmann performs at MR in a 442. Most of those minutes were this past season too.

So if Ernesto has memoirs of Willian, well there is another option.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 12.11.27 AM.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	5.5 KB 
ID:	8460
    Quote Originally Posted by Jair Ventura
    You can prove anything with facts. Facts cloud my judgement, I prefer to rely on instinct and blind prejudice.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Griezmann won't play on the left, he hasn't done that since he was at Sociedad. A left-footer on the left wing would be so limited and a huge waste.

It'll be:

Dembele - Griezmann
    Messi
    Last edited by Arnaez; 12th June 2019 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnaez View Post
    Griezmann won't play on the left, he hasn't done that since he was at Sociedad. A left-footer on the left wing would be so limited and a huge waste.

It'll be:

Dembele - Griezmann
    Messi

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FCB1987 View Post
    Dembele is two-footed, Griezmann is not

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy rotation should be used if we end up with Suarez, Griezman, Messi and Dembele for the 3 spots. Every one of those is good enough to start on weekly basis. For CL however, we need more speed, so I would drop Suarez personally.

Coutinho needs to be sold or tried in midfield. No other option now.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heavy rotation should be used if we end up with Suarez, Griezman, Messi and Dembele for the 3 spots. Every one of those is good enough to start on weekly basis. For CL however, we need more speed, so I would drop Suarez personally.

Exactly my opinion.

But the name Ernesto and heavy rotation don't mix too well.
    Fear of the squat
    Fear of the squat
    I have a constant fear
    Valverde's here next year

Valverde after Copa defeat: "I'm fine.. but when you lose you are always worse than when you win."

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Every single executive needs to get booted if we can't manage to even sell Coutinho. Bartomeu said after the Liverpool defeat that there would be serious changes, and is instead backtracking to keep as many things the same as possible.

At bare minimum we should've sold Coutinho and Rakitic along with Boateng/Murillo. I would also have personally sold Suarez, Roberto, and one of Lenglet/Umtiti.

Instead we're only gonna have a slight chance of selling Coutinho, if even.
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm speechless, this board keeps reaching new heights day by day.

First, they won't replace Valverde.

Then, they won't buy a replacement for Suarez.

Then, they'd rather keep Rakitic to keep Valverde Happy.

Then, they'd panic buy a 120M 28 yo hybrid CF, without even thinking about other attackers.

Not to mention the 80%+ wage bill. (Yeah I know Messi makes a lot)

So, basically a board which has no direction whatsoever. Keeps panic buying players like toys. Keeps a manager because he is a puppet, won't upset the veterans (who might be gone in 2-3 years), and would rather play them over youngsters. And our finances are out of shape, wage bill fucked, stadium plans still on hold, no future planning after Messi.

There is nothing left to defend this board. Nothing..

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donatello View Post
    I'm speechless, this board keeps reaching new heights day by day.

First, they won't replace Valverde.

Then, they won't buy a replacement for Suarez.

Then, they'd rather keep Rakitic to keep Valverde Happy.

Then, they'd panic buy a 120M 28 yo hybrid CF, without even thinking about other attackers.

Not to mention the 80%+ wage bill. (Yeah I know Messi makes a lot)

So, basically a board which has no direction whatsoever. Keeps panic buying players like toys. Keeps a manager because he is a puppet, won't upset the veterans (who might be gone in 2-3 years), and would rather play them over youngsters. And our finances are out of shape, wage bill fucked, stadium plans still on hold, no future planning after Messi.

There is nothing left to defend this board. Nothing..
    Plus didn’t the players ‘vote’ against Griezman??

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnaez View Post
    I genuinely think our manager isn't wise enough to know this.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    Griezmann-Suarez-Messi
    De Jong-Busi-Raki
    Alba-De Ligt-Pique-Roberto
    Mats
    Retard of the month. Congratulations.

You’ll win "3rd consecutive humiliation of the year in CL" award with that team.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valverde is going to set up a new front three of Griezmann-Suarez-Messi.

It will be very Narrow and Griezmann will obviously be the fall guy and he will probably end up like Coutinho aka he's not a god damn Winger. Expecting the Fullbacks to somehow only be the only guys to be providing the width is frankly suicidal and it all it will take is for a team to press Roberto/Semedo Alba/LB to force them to retreat back into our half because they won't be able to go forward.

Griezmann isn't a pure striker but I think he may have some sort of flexibility in some way but not as in trying to play him as a "Winger" so Suarez can play. I could understand the idea of having Griez and Messi Swap positions around from False 9/RWF with Dembele/Winger help providing some danger out wide but I highly doubt Valverde can pull that off.

Mentioned
    362 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xXKonan View Post
    Valverde is going to set up a new front three of Griezmann-Suarez-Messi.

It will be very Narrow and Griezmann will obviously be the fall guy and he will probably end up like Coutinho aka he's not a god damn Winger. Expecting the Fullbacks to somehow only be the only guys to be providing the width is frankly suicidal and it all it will take is for a team to press Roberto/Semedo Alba/LB to force them to retreat back into our half because they won't be able to go forward.

Griezmann isn't a pure striker but I think he may have some sort of flexibility in some way but not as in trying to play him as a "Winger" so Suarez can play. I could understand the idea of having Griez and Messi Swap positions around from False 9/RWF with Dembele/Winger help providing some danger out wide but I highly doubt Valverde can pull that off.
    1. La liga is a main priority.
    That trio plus Dembele should be fine.
    2. Cl, Messi will be 33, Suarez 33, Pique 33, Vidal 33. Raki and Busi 32.
    I mean, regardless of a change or two in a lineup, do you think that this team will be able to outrun English teams in 11 Months time?
    I don't think so.
    3. Further, what nobody is mentioning: why are you trying to build a team around Messi and his strengths anymore?
    He will be 33 next summer.
    He could announce a retirement or going home to Argentina next summer.
    Or he could get a long term injury and end his career soon.

So, instead of looking at: how can Messi and Griezmann play together, maybe we should look at it: can Griezmann play good for 4-5 years since we will need him as a leader post-Messi.

Messi is not CR7 in terms of physique and motivation.
    Nobody knows how much will he regress in this season.
    What if Messi will get tired often (or injured)?
    Then Griezz will play on Messi's position, Dembele as a winger and someone as a Cf.

Messi and Suarez won't be here for too long.
    Griezz-Suarez-Messi is probably a short term solution for one season or even shorter than that.
    Last edited by BBZ8800; 13th June 2019 at 02:04 AM.