Antoine Griezmann

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I'm all aboard the Griezmann train. He's a much more consistent finisher than Suarez currently with way less service (less goals, but he does it on like 2.2 shots per game which is absurd for a ST). Suarez's finishing is so off these days and honestly a good chunk of the goals he has scored were quite easy tap-ins or open goal chances.

Another thing to consider is the ability to retain the ball in the final third, which can be underrated and ignored here. It's a huge weakness for us because Suarez can basically be a black hole on offense sometimes. You pass it to him and there's an insanely high chance he'll fuck up the return 1-2 pass or his first touch or turn. It directly makes a lot of Messi's actions futile because he just passes it to Suarez and that kills the chances of a successful attack or of him getting the ball back.

Griezmann is actually very clean and controlled on the ball and I have a feeling things would be VERY different for Messi's playmaking, scoring, and assist #'s to have a competent forward outlet to play off of. He's a better finisher, more efficient, and more mobile/quick than Suarez. Getting Coutinho to shore up the midfield and Griezmann to negate all the problems Suarez causes would have this team looking very different indeed. And we haven't even yet seen Dembele return and play to his best level with the team.

Neeraj

I'm all aboard the Griezmann train. He's a much more consistent finisher than Suarez currently with way less service (less goals, but he does it on like 2.2 shots per game which is absurd for a ST). Suarez's finishing is so off these days and honestly a good chunk of the goals he has scored were quite easy tap-ins or open goal chances.

Another thing to consider is the ability to retain the ball in the final third, which can be underrated and ignored here. It's a huge weakness for us because Suarez can basically be a black hole on offense sometimes. You pass it to him and there's an insanely high chance he'll fuck up the return 1-2 pass or his first touch or turn. It directly makes a lot of Messi's actions futile because he just passes it to Suarez and that kills the chances of a successful attack or of him getting the ball back.

Griezmann is actually very clean and controlled on the ball and I have a feeling things would be VERY different for Messi's playmaking, scoring, and assist #'s to have a competent forward outlet to play off of. He's a better finisher, more efficient, and more mobile/quick than Suarez. Getting Coutinho to shore up the midfield and Griezmann to negate all the problems Suarez causes would have this team looking very different indeed. And we haven't even yet seen Dembele return and play to his best level with the team.

Agree with this. Messi's unreal playmaking is truly blunted because of Suarez. Griezman should definitely be bought, if possible. We just cannot have a declined Suarez as our number 1 striker for much longer than the next 6 months.

YodaMaster

Griezmann ?! Really ?
Where is he gonna play if he comes ? Griezmann and Messi in the same team won't work. They both play behind the striker. Griezmann can't take Suarez's spot because Griezmann isn't a number 9.
What's the point in buying this guy and making him play out of position ?

Barça has to purchase a young number 9 who'd replace Suarez in the long term.

God Serena

Griezmann ?! Really ?
Where is he gonna play if he comes ? Griezmann and Messi in the same team won't work. They both play behind the striker. Griezmann can't take Suarez's spot because Griezmann isn't a number 9.
What's the point in buying this guy and making him play out of position ?

Barça has to purchase a young number 9 who'd replace Suarez in the long term.

Griezmann-Messi-Dembele

Not that difficult.

YodaMaster

Dude are you serious ? Last time Griezmann played on a wing was 5 years ago... He ain't a winger anymore. You should read better.
But I'm gonna repeat for you: what's the point in bringing a guy for 100 and playing him out of position ?

God Serena

Dude are you serious ? Last time Griezmann played on a wing was 5 years ago... He ain't a winger anymore. You should read better.
But I'm gonna repeat for you: what's the point in bringing a guy for 100 and playing him out of position ?

Just because he hasn't played there for Atletico doesn't mean he isn't capable of playing there.

Home of Barca Fans