Antoine Griezmann

Windhook

Not surprised, because Antoine's performance this season is reflective of Atletico's poor results in both league and Europe.

Icardi right now is what Griezmann was 2 years ago - totally on fire, but I think the prospects of him joining Real Madrid or some English club are high probability. Definitely not Barcelona.

xXKonan

To be fair to Griezmann it's not like Atletico is some powerhouse attacking team.

Simeone set the team up Defense first then attacking, they rely so much on Griezmann to score and create that if he goes off form they are pretty much screwed. they don't have the Midfielders or at least the way Simeone uses them to consistently create chances for Griez.

Think Griez would happy with the fact he doesn't have to be the only one to shoulder the attacking burden now if he joins us.

SeloBarca

AM has been considered the best defensive team in the world the last 3-4 years.
That he scores at all is quite an achievement pretty much playing alone in attack.

BBZ8800

And if we get Coutinho? Put Dembele, Coutinho, Messi, Suarez and Griezmann together in any of this formations. No way you can :D

There are only 3 options:

1. Sign both and sell Suarez
2. Sign only one of Coutinho/Griezmann
3. Sign both, keep Suarez and rotate all of the time since only 4 of them can play at the same time. (this is possible but unlikely to happen)

Injuries, rotations, suspensions.

Dembele is injured for Months.
Messi and Suarez are 30, they will be more and more tired and injured more often (and need more time for a recovery).
No one knows whether Dembele will turn out to be injury prone.

I wouldn't worry too much about having 5 star players in the team.
For the last 3-4 Months, we have only 2 (Messi and Suarez), the 3rd one is injured and the 4th and 5th are not here at all.

So, compare a current situation with 2 star players with having 5 star players in your team.
Someone will always be injured or rested for one match (and enter in a minute 60).
That means for each out of those 5: you play 4 matches in a row and then you are rested in a 5th match and you enter in the last 30 minutes.
If Messi is benched lately, I don't see a reason why Luis or kid Dembele (or new guys) would whine about it.

That's not the end of a world...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Icardi is more of a stationary striker, target man.

We need more movement.

While it's fun to say Griezmann is a choker because Atlético lost those finals to Real Madrid which just sucks, he's scored v Barça, Bayern, Germany on the way to those finals.

Chokers don't do that. When was the last time Higuain made a significant contribution like that v such teams in a crunch match?

Last edited:

SeloBarca

Well, even though Griezmann havent played in many other positions (what i know of)
He has the "free role" playerstyle that would allow him to play AM, LW etc IF we needed that imo

A 3 man defence in games we dominate with
Dembele - Suarez - Griezmann
--Coutinho--Messi
-------Arthur
-------Busquetes

Now that would be wicked.

Judoman

Actualy i don t think his stats are bad, considering where and how he is playing..

195ac5c7d4.png

Givenchy

Well, even though Griezmann havent played in many other positions (what i know of)
He has the "free role" playerstyle that would allow him to play AM, LW etc IF we needed that imo

A 3 man defence in games we dominate with
Dembele - Suarez - Griezmann
--Coutinho--Messi
-------Arthur
-------Busquetes

Now that would be wicked.

think it'll look more like

Dembele-Messi-Griezmann, Suarez can vamoose

Messi983

Injuries, rotations, suspensions.

Dembele is injured for Months.
Messi and Suarez are 30, they will be more and more tired and injured more often (and need more time for a recovery).
No one knows whether Dembele will turn out to be injury prone.

I wouldn't worry too much about having 5 star players in the team.
For the last 3-4 Months, we have only 2 (Messi and Suarez), the 3rd one is injured and the 4th and 5th are not here at all.

So, compare a current situation with 2 star players with having 5 star players in your team.
Someone will always be injured or rested for one match (and enter in a minute 60).
That means for each out of those 5: you play 4 matches in a row and then you are rested in a 5th match and you enter in the last 30 minutes.
If Messi is benched lately, I don't see a reason why Luis or kid Dembele (or new guys) would whine about it.

That's not the end of a world...

This is all good in theory and you can use rotations/rest strategy against Getafe or Levante. But when it comes to big games, who do you leave on the bench in El Clasico or CL final if they are all healthy and in good form? You can say it's a good problem to have and maybe it would be so but those players always expect to and are paid to play. You don't pay almost 500M (Suarez-80M, Dembele-150M, Griezmann-100M, Coutinho-probably also around 150M) and then not find a way to put your best XI (on the paper) on the pitch at the same time in most important games.

I wouldn't say no to Griezmann or Coutinho and if we can financially afford and get both (so if we can convince Liverpool to sell since we probably won't have problems to get Griezmann because of his release clause) I'd say go for both and use last great years of Messi to try and win as much as possible. He deserves that. But at the same time this could also backfire to us badly (and not just financially) if EV or whoever next coach will be won't find a way to use all those stars and keep them happy.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Suarez doesn't improve and we carry him as deadweight in the CL knockouts, he shouldn't start for Barcelona.

Givenchy

if we want Coutinho AND Griezmann we'll have to shave some off the wage bill.. Suarez and Rakitic should be first to go

Home of Barca Fans