Antoine Griezmann

JerseyAddict

But being in CL with Atletico as opposed to not being in it with Barca may have been a factor which wouldn't be now.

Thank you for explaining it so I don't have to.

It is not about him playing for us in January in UCL. He can't do it obviously.
It is about all in all what will be with AM. They are on the downhill. They will not ever again be what they were last 4 years. So the top player must look for some other club to make some titles. Either this year or in the next period. All that held this AM side was the idea that they can somehow grab UCL title. Now, they can't even hand it over to the RM in the final. Thank God for that.

henias

Whats the point of Griezmann if Suarez is still not gonna be benched anyway? I think Messi will definitely be shift the the AM role if he comes.

SeloBarca

Another problem is that Suarez and Messi are bros. Will be hard for Barcelona to sell him, and even bench him.

Messi983

Whats the point of Griezmann if Suarez is still not gonna be benched anyway? I think Messi will definitely be shift the the AM role if he comes.

We can play 4-2-3-1 with Griezmann as LW but they are all versatile enough to play multiple positions. Well, Suarez not really these days but there could at least be some interchanging of positions during the games between all four.

And we can also play 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 in some games and rotate them. Even Messi has admitted in one of his recent interviews that he needs to rest sometimes (even if he hates that) and I think that's a good sign. It won't happen this season but I hope over the next season or two we'll have a strong enough team we could actually afford to leave Messi out of match squad 4 or 5 times every season in easier home games to keep him fresh like Zidane did with Ronaldo last season (he didn't need to do that this season because of Ronaldo's suspension). If Suarez comes back to at least 70-80% of what he was (I don't expect him to ever reach his previous level again) and with a better midfield I think a front three of Griezmann, Suarez and Dembele (possibly also with Ousmane playing as AMC behind two strikers) should be enough to not drop points against lower table opponents.

xXKonan

[tw]939109821198094337[/tw]

[tw]939110460271595522[/tw]

[tw]939111016595623936[/tw]

The article was written by Paco Aguilar btw.

Devils

One thing I am sure of is that there is no way we are going to buy Coutinho, Arthur, a CB and Griezmann.

There's a lot of concrete transfer speculation to Barca for each of these players, but no way we get all of them.

wisconsincule

One thing I am sure of is that there is no way we are going to buy Coutinho, Arthur, a CB and Griezmann.

There's a lot of concrete transfer speculation to Barca for each of these players, but no way we get all of them.

It is possible if we can recoup ~100mil from offloading players. 5 sold at an average of 20mil is doable. Will it happen prolly not but still Gomes and Denis should fetch 25+

RIZALDINHO

100m is to much him and he is struggling like saurez aswell. we should forgot about him and sign dybala or werner to replace saurez.

Judoman

It is possible if we can recoup ~100mil from offloading players. 5 sold at an average of 20mil is doable. Will it happen prolly not but still Gomes and Denis should fetch 25+

Agreed. I think the ideal scenario largely depends on Lpool willingness to sell Coutinho. Fortunately, he is not the only option.

Judoman

100m is to much him and he is struggling like saurez aswell. we should forgot about him and sign dybala or werner to replace saurez.

I m all for Werner, but Dybala is a hard no. First, he would cost 150 mil+ and second, he doesn t work with Leo in national team, highly doubtfull it would be any different here.

xXKonan

Dybala isn't a pure forward either. He's more of a #10/Second striker type of player and I don't think he has the mobility to play as a LWF/RWF for us either.

henias

We can play 4-2-3-1 with Griezmann as LW but they are all versatile enough to play multiple positions. Well, Suarez not really these days but there could at least be some interchanging of positions during the games between all four.

And we can also play 4-3-3/4-3-1-2 in some games and rotate them. Even Messi has admitted in one of his recent interviews that he needs to rest sometimes (even if he hates that) and I think that's a good sign. It won't happen this season but I hope over the next season or two we'll have a strong enough team we could actually afford to leave Messi out of match squad 4 or 5 times every season in easier home games to keep him fresh like Zidane did with Ronaldo last season (he didn't need to do that this season because of Ronaldo's suspension). If Suarez comes back to at least 70-80% of what he was (I don't expect him to ever reach his previous level again) and with a better midfield I think a front three of Griezmann, Suarez and Dembele (possibly also with Ousmane playing as AMC behind two strikers) should be enough to not drop points against lower table opponents.

True.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Yet we probably should.

Sins of the board's past shitty signings. Should force them to make these moves unless they want to be left behind.

Home of Barca Fans