Antoine Griezmann

M

MessiCam

If we don't sell Suarez I honestly can't see how could we accommodate Griezmann in our starting 11?

In 4-4-2 with Messi, Dembele and Suarez here he can't play anywhere

In 4-3-3 we have similar situation.

In 4-2-3-1 he could play on the LW but even than he would be better as a RW since he is left footed and that means moving Dembele to the left.

If we don't sell Suarez, Coutinho is much more usable solution for us since he can play in LM, LW and AM position.

I'm not advocating Griezmann's purchase, in fact I find the interest in him nonsensical at this stage, but Dembele plays either wing. I feel he is better as a left wing too.

Nothanks

Dembele can play both wings, correct.
but he has said in an interview he feels more comfortable cutting in from the right, he said he feels more comfortable dribbling from the right

------Suarez-----Griezmann
---------------Messi
-Coutinho---------------Dembele
--------------Busi
Alba---Umtiti---Pique---Semedo
-----------ter Stegen

seems like something from fifa or football manager lmao i don't see this working out... least it's diamond shaped haha

M

MessiCam

Dembele can play both wings, correct.
but he has said in an interview he feels more comfortable cutting in from the right, he said he feels more comfortable dribbling from the right

------Suarez-----Griezmann
---------------Messi
-Coutinho---------------Dembele
--------------Busi
Alba---Umtiti---Pique---Semedo
-----------ter Stegen

seems like something from fifa or football manager lmao i don't see this working out... least it's diamond shaped haha

Opposite way around. Likes dribbling with the left and shooting with the right. Said so during his unveiling.

ASordidGod

We have to get rid of Suarez, can't see how we will play with the two, considering they both will be on huge wages too. Griezmann's age might be a problem, we sign these forwards - Henry, Villa, Suarez and so on - when they are around 27. They are performing at a high level for 2-3 seasons while they start declining. Griezmann is performing poorly for Atletico at the moment and nowhere near the level of the formers when we signed them.

Timo Werner would be a better option, proven goalscorer in the Bundesliga and the national team. Dont think he would be +60m either as Leipzig sold Naby Keita, easily their best player, for around the same. Gabriel Jesus or Mbappe would have been absolutely perfect for this role, being a inside forward with Messi playing false nine. Dembele providing width.

Keita was only "cheap" because he had a clause in his contract that would have come into effect in summer. As to the whole Griezman possible signing situation, I'd be happy enough if it meant Suarez leaving. But as I'm almost certain that won't be the case, I'm kinda ambivalent. He'll be 27 in summer, and while good isn't the absolute top tier. Not the WORST deal financially, but where does he even fit? Me, I'd try for Thiago. And/or Martial.

Messi983

Cerezo, Atletico president:

"Griezmann is a player of Atlético and I think he will remain for a long time, and you know that I'm not lying to you."

"Everything has its explanation, I've been around since the time of Fernando Torres saying if he's going or staying, they play where they want to play."

"Griezmann is Atlético de Madrid player and you know I do not lie to you, players go in and out but he's fine."

Just the president's talk, especially two days before Madrid derby. Cerezo knows Griezmann will leave next summer, now if that will be to Barça, United or another club remains a question but he won't stay. Atletico investing almost 100M in Diego Costa and Vitolo proves that. AM is far from a poor club but they are not on Barça or RM level financially and when in the past they've invested big money in forwards at the same time they also sold their current star attacker.

He has a release clause and I also think a verbal agreement with Atletico from last summer that they'll let him go wherever he'll want. If we'll pay 100M Atletico will accept that money so he won't go through the back door like Neymar has and we'll still stay in good terms with AM. Of course Atletico fans won't be happy if he'll join us but I think eventually most of them will understand his decision and still respect him if he'll handle his transfer the right way which I think he will.

Devils

[tw]931301360028528641[/tw]

Griezmann has said yes to Barça for the 2018/2019 season. As of today, negotiations are really advanced.

Raketa10

This season Griezmann is pale shadow of a player who was one of the best attackers in the world during last couple of seasons. What the hell happened to him?

Last edited:

Xaviniesta

lol he went invisible in the derby today. can't blame him though, he has only correa up top, who manages to fuck up every pass

Givenchy

worryingly bad form but imo his heart just isn't in it at Atleti anymore, probably knows hes off anyway. we'll see a totally different player in an attacking style team, oh wait... :valverde2:

Xaviniesta

He is very isolated up top... kind of like Semedo when he goes forward. Atleti's 442 leaves him stuck with Correa who is only a good dribbler, nothing more. Their is no wing depth at the moment as they have Lucas (a CB) playing at LB because Felipe Luis is injured.

I think he'd play much better under us with Suarez/Dembele and Messi up top. And like Givenchy said, he looks like he doesn't care about Atleti anymore...seems like he just wants to leave at this point

Riordon

Not looking good this season, quite worrying with the reports that we are willing to spend 100m on him. We brought Villa, Henry and now Suarez when they were around 27-30 and we get 2-3 good seasons out of them. We should not make the same mistake regarding Griezmann. Strikers tend to decline when they hit 30. Maybe even before nowadays with the psychical aspect in the sport. I would also be careful to buy from Atletico, a lot of their succes is down to their system.

Home of Barca Fans