Antoine Griezmann

Sorin

He couldn’t play for us in the champions league though? I’m all for making a move for someone to push Suárez to the bench but not sure this is the right one

We should focus on La Liga anyway imo. That should be our priority. CL is harder to attain and even if we make some transfers in the winter that are not blocked for CL, it's hard to envision us winning it.

Who are those players that aren't CL tied and can make a difference?

FinBarcelonafan

We should focus on La Liga anyway imo. That should be our priority. CL is harder to attain and even if we make some transfers in the winter that are not blocked for CL, it's hard to envision us winning it.

Who are those players that aren't CL tied and can make a difference?

Sanchez, Heck even Ozil would improve our midfield.

Sorin

Sanchez, Heck even Ozil would improve our midfield.

That, imo, is a very bad idea. It's as short termist as it gets.

For one, why even bring Sanchez back? Just for a run at this year's CL? We should buy with the idea that he'll be at the club in his prime for the next 5 years at least. Sanchez is too old for that, plus his tenure at us wasn't that great. Why try again with him? What if a club like Arsenal is actually his level? We'll just get stuck with another massive salary. He'll go to city anyway. Guardiola was the one that bought him for us and city can offer him a massive salary and the chance to win trophies too.

As for Ozil. Fairweather footballer. He can be great for a string of 2, 3 matches, but he can also be a ghost for 5. No thanks. Also a short term fix. His peak has passed and he can only get worse. In 2 years, we'll pray that we can find a team to get him off of our hands.

I'll pass on a CL if that's what it takes to win it. But there's no guarantee for that anyway.

Last edited:

vlad

Just imagine, bringing players like ozil, sanchez and similar just so barca can give a shoot on CL this year, its great way to become like milan today, and then you will have more old players with huge wages

BarçaBarça

Has his clause already dropped to 100M now, or is that only in the summer?

Why isn’t anybody talking about this kid from Bordeaux? I think he puts Sané and Sterling to shame.

How in the world does Malcom put Sane to shame?

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Just imagine, bringing players like ozil, sanchez and similar just so barca can give a shoot on CL this year, its great way to become like milan today, and then you will have more old players with huge wages

The sad thing Is, we are probably going down that road. Don't be surprised if Ozil, DiMaria etc joins us.

It will be mistake, but I don't see what else this management would do.

M

MessiCam

Has his clause already dropped to 100M now, or is that only in the summer?

How in the world does Malcom put Sane to shame?
From what I’ve seen he does, and I’ve followed him since he played for the Brazil U23. This year he has gone up a level... He can shoot, shoot from distance too, has a good final ball, can cross, can dribble, can play through the centre too.

Edit: If you get a chance watch a few of his games and not just YouTube videos. Anybody can be made to look good in a 5 minute clip. He has things he has to work on just like Dembélé but it won’t be long before big European clubs come knocking. I’d much rather he play for us.

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Malcolm puts Sane to shame?

Deary me.
Everybody here has their preference for certain players and styles and I’m no different. So why don’t you come up with a counter argument as to why you think Sané is better other than playing for Manchester City and maybe this conversation can continue further. Until then, keep the condescension to yourself!

Last edited:

Messi983

The sad thing Is, we are probably going down that road. Don't be surprised if Ozil, DiMaria etc joins us.

It will be mistake, but I don't see what else this management would do.

How so? We've bought nine U23 players in last two years, only two older were Paulinho (who has silenced his haters) and Cillessen (age is not really important for a GK, especially backup). And we are also mostly linked to young players. Griezmann and Coutinho are a bit older at 25-26 but they are still wanted by almost all fans and could give us 4-5 years on top level if we get one of them (I don't believe we'll get both).

Yes, all signings didn't work out well (but that's expected as no club has 100% success rate with their signings) but it's obvious that club has changed their philosophy recently (a few years too late but better late than never) and that Robert prefers young players after Zubi's and Lucho's obssesion with older ones. But people will continue to talk BS we're only chasing shitty old players just because we won't get someone they want and think we should buy.

Jombi

How so? We've bought nine U23 players in last two years, only two older were Paulinho (who has silenced his haters) and Cillessen (age is not really important for a GK, especially backup). And we are also mostly linked to young players. Griezmann and Coutinho are a bit older at 25-26 but they are still wanted by almost all fans and could give us 4-5 years on top level if we get one of them (I don't believe we'll get both).

Yes, all signings didn't work out well (but that's expected as no club has 100% success rate with their signings) but it's obvious that club has changed their philosophy recently (a few years too late but better late than never) and that Robert prefers young players after Zubi's and Lucho's obssesion with older ones. But people will continue to talk BS we're only chasing shitty old players just because we won't get someone they want and think we should buy.

Are you saying we didnt want to sign Di Maria?

Griezmann is 27 in a few months. Cant expect him to perform for more than 3 years.

Paulinho has been more of a cult figure than anything else really. Far too early to say that the 80m spent in terms of wage and transfer fee for him will be worth it. Remember he'll turn 30 soon. Too early to say if he'll perform at the appropriate level in the years ahead.

Kuchi

We will not get him, period. He will probably move to EPL, City or Man Utd, if ever. Stop day dreaming.

Home of Barca Fans