Antoine Griezmann

vlad

And who exactly would you buy that apparently is a big game player? Are RM, Barca, Bayern considered small games now?

probably pogba:lol:

edit: he probably had to score in CL final or in EURO final to be considered big game player, where was messi in wc final or Copa America finals

Last edited:

kilian

He is a very good finisher, pretty fast, great in small spaces and likes to play one-twos. In my opinion, he would fit Barca like a glove and to see him in a combo with Messi would be awesome. I hope we go after him next summer (January would be a wet dream, but not possible I believe).

Butaan4barca

He is a very good finisher, pretty fast, great in small spaces and likes to play one-twos. In my opinion, he would fit Barca like a glove and to see him in a combo with Messi would be awesome. I hope we go after him next summer (January would be a wet dream, but not possible I believe).

yes, i agree with you here plus signing him would be really good marketing wise too.

Tomchin

So, what's the chance that we'll pay his release-clause in the winter transfer-window? If things go bad in the first half of the season, quite high I would say.

Givenchy

But for the transfer ban he would have left for Utd so I don't think he would mind leaving Spain at all. Also there is zero chance he would ever leave in January. Not to mention your lineup is fantasy football stuff which would require LW/RW to do a lot of work which they don't want

Neymars exit and potentially Suarez' decline gives Griezmann a chance to play with the GOAT and fellow frenchman Dembele, i have no doubt if we matched any offer United may bid he'd choose us over them. cant remember where i saw it but i heard he would prefer staying in Spain.

the lineup isn't fantasy football imo, we have the money and Messi at RW makes no sense anymore seeing as he always drifts central leaving our RW vacant most games. it would require a hard working DM and it remains to be seen if thats how Paulinho will be utilized. we have a problem if the front 3 are lazy anyway

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Still...... Hope he ruins Real in the first leg of Madri derby. Buy him in January, rest Suarez as much as you can to keep him super fresh for CL, get him to ruin Real again but this time in the second leg of el Clasico!

Pipe Dreams! Pipe dream coz of two reasons - 1) He chokes in Madrid derby so would in el Clasico. 2) No way would Suarez agree to rest and play in just the important matches!!

kilian

It would be great to see him do his retarded celebration in a blaugrana shirt in El clasico.:)

In these dark times, we can dream. As the great man Stephen Hawking said - "While there is life, there is hope".

JamDav1982

Still...... Hope he ruins Real in the first leg of Madri derby. Buy him in January, rest Suarez as much as you can to keep him super fresh for CL, get him to ruin Real again but this time in the second leg of el Clasico!

Pipe Dreams! Pipe dream coz of two reasons - 1) He chokes in Madrid derby so would in el Clasico. 2) No way would Suarez agree to rest and play in just the important matches!!

He doesnt choke the Madrid derby. He scored away against them in the league last season then scored pen in the CL tie second leg. Season before missed his pen in CL final but did then score in the shoot out, also scored winner v them in Bernabeu in that season league and assisted in home game which they drew.

How many Barca players have had an impact on as many games vs Real as that in past couple seasons?

Produced v Barca plenty as well.

Jombi

Where do you get the idea that the release clause is 100m in January? Besides, why do people think he will refuse to sign a new contract in the next 12 months?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Where do you get the idea that the release clause is 100m in January? Besides, why do people think he will refuse to sign a new contract in the next 12 months?

Hopefully the board is pushed off the pinnacle before January and FC Barcelona retrurns to its glory..... And representing Barcelona would always be a better accomplishment than representing Atletico, Diego Simeone's heroics or otherwise!

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He doesnt choke the Madrid derby. He scored away against them in the league last season then scored pen in the CL tie second leg. Season before missed his pen in CL final but did then score in the shoot out, also scored winner v them in Bernabeu in that season league and assisted in home game which they drew.

How many Barca players have had an impact on as many games vs Real as that in past couple seasons?

Produced v Barca plenty as well.
:thinking: Dunno man! Can't look past his choke business n both the CL finals as well as the Euro final!

Tomchin

During this summer his release-clause was exceptionally increased to 200M because Atleti had a transfer-ban (I guess that's a gentleman's agreement that Griezmann agreed with Atletico), during next transfer-window it's back to the initial value of 100M, because Atleti are allowed to sign players again then.

JamDav1982

:thinking: Dunno man! Can't look past his choke business n both the CL finals as well as the Euro final!

He has only played one CL final where although he missed a penalty he scored in the shoot out.

Didnt choke in those games anymore than Messi choked v Chile. These things happen and players miss penalties.

Home of Barca Fans