Antoine Griezmann

Messi983

Problem with Mbappe are high wages he and his dad are demanding. I would probably pay 150M to get him but there is no way I would give him 18M per season as PSG will reportedly give him. Also, people are saying we'd have him for 10 years but I could easily see him pulling a Neymar in 4-5 years. There is just something about him that I don't like and I'm not talking about his football talent.

Adversus

I would try and do a deal with Madrid to give them the entire 200m for Griezmann in January. This would allow them to replace him with Costa who Chelsea may price out of a move without the extra money. Basically swapping Griezmann for Costa + 150m isn't bad business for Madrid.

The other players Barca are looking at are decent but they aren't Barca standard. All of them would struggle to start for PSG, Real, Bayern or even Chelsea, City and Utd.

Barca can soldier on until January. Ultimately they may lose the next Classico (badly) but it makes far more sense having a lineup of Griezmann, Suarez and Messi instead of Coutinho, Suarez and Messi going into the business end of the season where even without any more signings they will still most likely be in all the cups and close enough to Madrid in the league.

Ofcourse if money isn't an issue then scrap what I have said but I think it's pretty obvious it is an issue.

springfield

As if him playing in CL is the biggest concern. But spending 200M on him doesn't make sense. The midfield is still fucked and no money left.

Adversus

As if him playing in CL is the biggest concern. But spending 200M on him doesn't make sense. The midfield is still fucked and no money left.

Rakitic, Iniesta, Busquets, Seri Roberto and Denis Suarez is not still fucked.

I hate to break it to you but 200m is about what an elite player costs today. I'll put things in perspective (we) Everton just paid £45m for an almost 28 year old Gylfi Sigurdsson. 2 or 3 years ago he would have been worth around 20m-25m tops.

If Barca are going to stay at the top they have to pay the money to get these players. There's no point in buy Coutinhos or Turans etc of the world. They just aren't good enough.

Barca need to replace Neymar with an elite player and then look to do the same for Iniesta next summer. Frankly the rot started when Rakitic replaced Xavi who was a good player but he's not up to that standard.

Adversus

Doesnt his release clause drop to 100 million in January? I don't see the point of wasting 100 million for just 4 months...

I wasn't aware his release clause dropped but it still doesn't change the premise. Ultimately Griezmann should be Barca's No 1 target even if that means they have to wait. If they have to give A Madrid a few extra million so he's available for the CL this year then that makes sense too.

Simply buying players of the standard of Coutinho isn't going to help Barca in the long term

His release clause has dropped to 100 millions. If this guy is not the perfect replacement for Suarez or Neymar, then I don't know what to tell you guys. it's time to start talks with the real next ballon d'or.

Givenchy

His release clause has dropped to 100 millions. If this guy is not the perfect replacement for Suarez or Neymar, then I don't know what to tell you guys. it's time to start talks with the real next ballon d'or.

i'd have no hesitation in dropping 100m on him in January. Atleti would sell to us over Madrid and i don't think Griezmann wants to leave Spain so that rules PL out. they also have Costa coming in January when the transfer ban is lifted.

-------Busi-------Paulinho
------------Messi
Dembele-Suarez-Griezmann

would be deadly, if Paulinho can bring some pace and workrate back into the midfield imo we could get away with Messi at CAM. we wouldn't even need to fuck around with lowball offers, 100m straight up no pissing around.

Andrew M

i'd have no hesitation in dropping 100m on him in January. Atleti would sell to us over Madrid and i don't think Griezmann wants to leave Spain so that rules PL out. they also have Costa coming in January when the transfer ban is lifted.

-------Busi-------Paulinho
------------Messi
Dembele-Suarez-Griezmann

would be deadly, if Paulinho can bring some pace and workrate back into the midfield imo we could get away with Messi at CAM. we wouldn't even need to fuck around with lowball offers, 100m straight up no pissing around.

But for the transfer ban he would have left for Utd so I don't think he would mind leaving Spain at all. Also there is zero chance he would ever leave in January. Not to mention your lineup is fantasy football stuff which would require LW/RW to do a lot of work which they don't want

Don't want to spend 100m on this choker. At that price, you need to take the biggest games by the scruff of the neck, not disappear in them.

Sneyke was a big game player. Griezmann is the opposite.

Last edited:

Catta

Don't want to spend 100m on this choker. At that price, you need to take the biggest games by the scruff of the neck, not disappear in them.

I didn't see him choke against us or Bayern when carrying his team to the final, or against Germany when he carried France to the finals. The talk that Griezmann is a choker is stupid, its the same as if you say Messi choked for Argentina at the WC, they both carried their teams to the finals, and both were let down because the team had no other good finisher. Put Griezmann in Barca, and you will see he will surely not choke in the CL final because he will not be the only great player in the team. This guy deserved a Ballon d'Or, but was robbed of it because of a guy who was a cheerleader in one final and a ghost in another.

vlad

Spending 150 on a 20 year old talent is way worse then spending 100 for griezmann

clemente

And who exactly would you buy that apparently is a big game player? Are RM, Barca, Bayern considered small games now?

JamDav1982

He has played well in plenty of big games.

Probably had more impact in big games than any Barca player across the past couple seasons.

Home of Barca Fans