Antoine Griezmann

Laplacian

It's evident that the way to individual trophies is UCL. Not the league, not the WC. KDB was unplayable last season but Modric edged in the UCL and WC.

Even with the world cup he still wasn't the best midfielder (let alone player), De Bruyne, Pogba, Kante, and Witsel were better and far more crucial to their teams. You're right, being a part of Real Madrid and being a part of the WC finals got him there. Not his individual performances. Only truly great performance from modric during the WC was during the group stages against Argentine.

Yeah it's hard to take these things seriously anymore.

Andrew M

Even with the world cup he still wasn't the best midfielder (let alone player), De Bruyne, Pogba, Kante, and Witsel were better and far more crucial to their teams. You're right, being a part of Real Madrid and being a part of the WC finals got him there. Not his individual performances. Only truly great performance from modric during the WC was during the group stages against Argentine.

Yeah it's hard to take these things seriously anymore.

Witsel was better and far more crucial than Modric in WC?

Cool story, bro.

Try to be objective when discussing Real Madrid players.

Laplacian

Witsel was better and far more crucial than Modric in WC?

Cool story, bro.

Try to be objective when discussing Real Madrid players.

Belgium had the second best midfield in the entire tournament. "Witsel" just isn't a big name that's why your brain malfunctioned. Good thing you agree with the other 3 midfielders though, modric wasn't the best MF in the WC, CL, or the league last season. Doesn't deserve to be there.

Ronaldo, however does.

Slevinn

Belgium had the second best midfield in the entire tournament. "Witsel" just isn't a big name that's why your brain malfunctioned. Good thing you agree with the other 3 midfielders though, modric wasn't the best MF in the WC, CL, or the league last season. Doesn't deserve to be there.

Ronaldo, however does.
Thats not true. We had an amazing World Cup but the MF of France, Croatia and even Brazil are better.

ASordidGod

Ronaldo, however does.

Witsel was good, true, it's a shame he's chased money at such an early stage of his career (interested to see how he'll get on at dortmund, who are nowhere near what they were); but to say he was better than Modric? That's insane. Modric, while a way off prime Xavi/Iniesta, is by some distance the best mid in the world, even at his age, and has been for a good few years now.

Joan

What a moron. He is on a good path to replace CR as world football's #1 egomaniac.

1C2A19DC069B7910D168340B07501FF0E346E7B7

Trafalgar

Never liked this overrated midget, he wants the ballons d'or with a europa league won against farmers and with 19 goals in laliga last season? Thank god we didn't buy him.

Nothanks

Never liked this overrated midget, he wants the ballons d'or with a europa league won against farmers and with 19 goals in laliga last season? Thank god we didn't buy him.
and because he also won the world cup??

ronaldo only scored 6 more goals than him in the league so i think he has a case for asking for the balon d'or

I see nothing wrong with how he is handling the media, he doesn't seem like a dick just a silly/dumb dude
i think some of you are butthurt he rejected us? idk maybe i'm missing something.

Trafalgar

and because he also won the world cup??

ronaldo only scored 6 more goals than him in the league so i think he has a case for asking for the balon d'or

I see nothing wrong with how he is handling the media, he doesn't seem like a dick just a silly/dumb dude
i think some of you are butthurt he rejected us? idk maybe i'm missing something.

Yeah he won the world cup but wasn't the best french player. Pogba, Mbappe and Kanté were better than him.

Nothanks

doesn't matter

ronaldo wasn't the best in real madrid yet he is probably going to win the award as-well
griezmann has same grounds as he does, so in my book why isn't he allowed to complain?

the award has no constancy or structure

if it were solely on who has the best stats messi would win it
if it were who had the best season in terms of award and performances modric should win it
if it were on who won the best trophy then give it to a french player (in this case griezmann is what he is arguing)
if it were who has the best PR team and sells himself best then give it to ronaldo.

Home of Barca Fans