Antoine Griezmann

TitoTata

Banned
So you think Godin was lying when he told Atletico fans that he was staying? If he did, wouldn’t that strain his relations with Griezmann and make the latter more motivated to leave?

I just can’t fathom why Godin would lie about that.

All we had with Griezmann is supposedly a “verbal agreement” that is not legal or official.

If it's true that Godin said that then I'd guess he's not coming after all .

Firmino would be my choice - ideally in some kind of swap deal taking Suarez back Liverpool...

Well, if we were to believe some of the reports back then Neymar was quite pissed at Pique for doing that. And Pique is a known prankster so we know. Godin on the other hand hardly is.

Exactly

cro-man

So you think Godin was lying when he told Atletico fans that he was staying? If he did, wouldn’t that strain his relations with Griezmann and make the latter more motivated to leave?

All we had with Griezmann is supposedly a “verbal agreement” that is not legal or official.

If griezmann told them he will stay he would have announced already. No reason to make his life harder by keeping this secret. After the coutinho and neymar story i dont believe anything these days i read till i see the confirmation....

behindbrowneyes

His wife is Spanish. Although from San Sebastian in the Basque Country. So don't know what her problem with Barcelona is :lol:

She didn't find a proper house. :lol: I have to admit Madrid is a beautiful city, but nothing comes close to Barcelona and its surroundings (if you take the factor top-level football into consideration) imo.

I think Griezmann should just publicly declare his intentions instead making this a Neymar-esque game.

Think the release clause is the problem there. Right now he costs 200M, starting from 1st of July 100M.

If the difference would have been about 1-2M, Griezmann would have been already ours i guess. 5-7M are absolute fortunes for many people of this planet too.

True. Especially when it comes to a 5year-contract. 25M-35M more is a lot.

What surprises me is his parents wanting him to move to Barcelona for quite bit less money.

They are older and wiser, so they know that money is not everything. In the end Barça is in the top3 of the world and his chances of winning La Liga are much higher. CL, we will see.

FCBfan22

Well, he needs to come clean with our board. But I'm afraid that in case he says no, Pep Segura and co will wall on their knees to Madrid to beg him to join us.

Demand an answer now. If he says no or keeps quiet, move on.

Raketa10

Pique also said "se queda" for Neymar didn't he? And how do we exactly know that he said "he is staying"? There isn't any proof of what he actually said to supporters.

Also bare in mind that Griezmann can't say anything before Barca actually pays his buyout clause and we can't do that before 1st of July. I don't expect anything before that date because it would mean ATM can sue us and Griezmann. If he announced he is leaving it would mean that we talked with Griezmann without ATM knowledge, and that we did all of that while his buyout was still 200 mil.

Last edited:

Raketa10

If the numbers are true, too big of difference between 22m net and 15m net to ignore for most if not all soccer players.

It's also a big difference between playing with Messi or playing with Diego Costa. :D Joking aside if he already agreed terms with us it would be a really jackass move to pull out right now. No to mention that if he now agrees new contract with ATM he will be there for the rest of his career.

It's also a big difference between playing with Messi or playing with Diego Costa. :D Joking aside if he already agreed terms with us it would be a really jackass move to pull out right now. No to mention that if he now agrees new contract with ATM he will be there for the rest of his career.

which explains why half of his camp wants stay and half wants the Barca move if the reports are true.

Glory or money.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If he stays I could see why:

-At Atletico he is inarguably their No.1 player who is in the limelight all the time, whereas if he joins us he will have to be in the “shadow” of Messi and share the spotlight with Suarez, Coutinho and others
-He is getting paid more by Atletico than what we are offering him
-His wife reportedly wants to stay in Madrid that weighs more than the wishes if his parents

El Flaco

From Atleti's last LaLiga game of 17/18 season from the previous weekend.

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="https://streamable.com/s/4qajo/mtsdiz" frameborder="0" width="100%" height="100%" allowfullscreen style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe></div>

Home of Barca Fans