Antoine Griezmann

George_Costanza

No, I'm saying the personnel is not suited for a 3-4-3. Pique can't deal with attackers when helped by the RB, now you put him all alone on an island and expect something different? Verm at least has pace.

First, in a 3 CB system, the position they defend is different when it's only 2 CBs. What are you saying is 2 CBs without RB/LB. Which not the case in a 3-4-3 formation. a 3 man backline that is very strong against attacks, adding to that a DM will help shield the back line especially in the middle which will allow the 2 CBs on the flanks to cover any attacks coming from the flanks (you do need fast CBs though). Second, wingers have to help with defensive duties as well. Third, this system allows forwards and midfielders have the ability to freely switch positions, making it very fluid. The other team will be so busy defending on their own pitch.

Sorin

Any team with great wingers will expose the shit out of that team. 2 or 3 Different players and another manager for that matter and I'd be on board. Anything other than this stale 442 is good in my book.

BBZ8800

Are you saying Cruff's 3-4-3 is a bad system? This system what got us the first champion league. And they didn't have extra DM in the MF, 1 DM and next to him 1 deep-lying MF. Wingers on both sides, 3 CB behind them.

Times have changed.
The opponents learned tricks.

343 was awesome in 1992.
442 was once a GOAT formation.
TikitTaka with short players also worled a decade ago.

Times change, football is evolving.

343 in today would probably end each match with 4:0.
4:0 or 0:4 though.

George_Costanza

Times have changed.

343 was awesome in 1992.

3-4-3 won Chelsea the EPL last season arguably the toughest league to win and Pochettino using this formation too to great success. So how this is an outdated system? Conte is a defensive minded manager and the 3-4-3 diamond is a surprisingly good defensive formation. Actually, teams that played 3-4-3 had the best defensive record in EPL last season (Chelsea and Spurs).

You use tactics and formation with the players at your disposal, and adding Griezmann will only complicate things if you use 4-3-3 or 4-2-2. You want a formation that lets you play all three major free players (Messi, Coutinho, and Griezmann) you are only limited to a 3-4-3 and its variation.

gasgas

3-4-3 won Chelsea the EPL last season arguably the toughest league to win and Pochettino using this formation too to great success. So how this is an outdated system? Conte is a defensive minded manager and the 3-4-3 diamond is a surprisingly good defensive formation. Actually, teams that played 3-4-3 had the best defensive record in EPL last season (Chelsea and Spurs).

You use tactics and formation with the players at your disposal, and adding Griezmann will only complicate things if you use 4-3-3 or 4-2-2. You want a formation that lets you play all three major free players (Messi, Coutinho, and Griezmann) you are only limited to a 3-4-3 and its variation.

Look at their 3-4-3 and then compare with yours and the players you plugged, it's night and day.

Your's is like begging for teams to butcher you

Raketa10

heyy idiot
already playing terstegen in every match so I did not write it.
I would not even write in the back 4 players, but I wrote it because it was changed in the first PlanA

Hey moron! That post was a joke and has nothing to do with yours previous post you impolite dumb prick. Just fuck off with that attitude.

Joan

Are you serious now?

Conte's 3-4-3 is like playing with 5 at the back and still they wingers track back all the time. The main reason Messi wasn't involved as usual in the first leg was Pedro's defensive contribution, blocking the passing lines to him. It's not even close to what you propose.

RMU ReBorn

Times have changed.

343 was awesome in 1992.

Ended with 6-1 vs PSG in Camp Nou

George_Costanza

Look at their 3-4-3 and then compare with yours and the players you plugged, it's night and day.

Your's is like begging for teams to butcher you

The difference is our team has more attacking power which will translate to Barca take other teams on and pressure them at their own half. Funny that Roma played 3 CBs at the back and destroyed the 4-2-2 formation we played. Roma wasn't begging, we did and we got butchered.

Are you serious now?

Conte's 3-4-3 is like playing with 5 at the back and still they wingers track back all the time. The main reason Messi wasn't involved as usual in the first leg was Pedro's defensive contribution, blocking the passing lines to him. It's not even close to what you propose.

So Dembele and Coutinho can learn to defend more. Last game vs. Villareal, Dembele tracked back all the way to our own goal to defend. He is young and fast and can do it. I'm not expecting Messi to do it.

Joan

The difference is our team has more attacking power which will translate to Barca take other teams on and pressure them at their own half. Funny that Roma played 3 CBs at the back and destroyed the 4-2-2 formation we played. Roma wasn't begging, we did and we got butchered.
3 at the back is meant to counter flat 4-4-2. Roma played 3 at the back AND had two wingbacks, still, after a proper winger was introduced (Dembele) they struggled. If we had had wingers, it might've been different. Blame is on Valverde for that one.

But, note that Roma had FBs as wingbacks (Kolarov, Florenzi was it?) while we'd have Coutinho and Dembele.
So Dembele and Coutinho can learn to defend more. Last game vs. Villareal, Dembele tracked back all the way to our own goal to defend. He is young and fast and can do it. I'm not expecting Messi to do it.
As I said above. Dembele and Coutinho would need to operate as wingbacks, Alba could probably do that - not them.

Also, note that Chelsea's Pedro is Messi in our analogous formation. You would ask Dembele to defend like Alonso while this forum is mad with Valverde for asking him to defend at all.

Porque

Anyone surprised PSG don't want Griezmann? Cavani is going to leave.

Come on Nasser, give us a call and let Verratti achieve his boyhood dream. Griezmann for Verratti

Last edited:

Givenchy

Anyone surprised PSG don't want Griezmann? Cavani is going to leave.

Come on Nasser, give us a call and let Verratti achieve his boyhood dream.

I'm suprised Madrid don't want him either.. i know theres a big rivalry there but a release clause means Atleti would be powerless to stop it. would be a massive improvement on Benzema

Porque

FifaPep too, just because its ya know, FifaPep and gotta catch them all.

Further confirmation this deal has been done and dusted for a while like Goretzka before.

Vilarrubi

I'm suprised Madrid don't want him either.. i know theres a big rivalry there but a release clause means Atleti would be powerless to stop it. would be a massive improvement on Benzema

Nothing can break that French Algerian bond between him and Zidane.

Home of Barca Fans