User Tag List

Page 127 of 458 FirstFirst ... 2777117125126127128129137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 6867

Thread: 17 - Antoine Griezmann

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That moment when khaled ignores you to argue with Jamdav.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    His best is usually when he is having a striker in front of him, not on the wings and not the CF. so while he is nothing like Messi he is more or less a 2nd striker which in our system Messi occupies more than a Suarez replacement,
    He doesn really play behind striker and is often the up leading the line or on last man far more than Messi does.

Has played at a high level coming from wide as well. Can easily play a number of roles at Barca and never really what Messi does.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Guaje View Post
    It is pretty much a good black friday-deal if you can get him for 100m when his actual cost is 150m+.

Have you thought about injuries? Rotation without loosing too much quality? Drop in form? Extra firepower when needed?

All of these players except Suarez are very versatile and can play in different positions and roles, so they will get plenty of time.

Also 2 players fighting for a spot will force them to play to the best of their capabilities, which is better for the team.
    Very easily said but EV will say otherwise. And I worry more about midfield and a possible LB replacement that lack alot of rotations. We already have Dembele and Coutinho for rotations and even now Dembele is already seeing the bench more than Vidal or Paulinho. Watch how Dembele will be pushed to the side after Griezmann's arrival, because Suarez will hardly ever be benched.
    Last edited by henias; 2nd March 2018 at 09:57 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, he is similar to Dybala and Argentina couldn't accomodate both Dybala and Messi in the same team. That's why I think Griezmann won't work well with Messi cuz both left-footed, both small in stature, and both create and finish.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henias View Post
    Very easily said but EV will say otherwise. And I worry more about midfield and a possible LB replacement that lack alot of rotations. We already have Dembele and Coutinho for rotations and even now Dembele is already seeing the bench more than Vidal or Paulinho. Watch how Dembele will be pushed to the side after Griezmann's arrival, because Suarez will hardly ever be benched.
    We have our midfield-problem partly solved with Coutinho, and Arthur seems to be on his way in january 2019. The one to blame here is Valverde. If he wasnt as stubborn and stupid ss he is, both Dembele and Coutinho would have played way more than they have. There is nothing to save them for (especially the cup tied Coutinho), so they must play in order to gel with the team so they hopefully can hit the ground running when next season starts. Griezmann would not be the problem here, it would be Valverdes stubborness with sticking to worthless Paulinho amd Vidal.

Coutinho will most likely start to phase out Iniesta next season. Messi is Messi. That leaves us 3 players for the 2 remaining places in the XI. If Valverde stops fielding worthless shit players, i see no problem here. As mentioned, Griezmann and Dembele (and also Coutinho for that matter) are very versatile, so giving them time to play should not be a problem......as long as Valverde quits fiedling shit players instead as he tends to do now. Also uncles Messi and Suarez will be 31+, its time to start reducing their time slightly so they can rest more often.

@LB we have Digne who is a quite good backup in defense. But yeah, he is a disaster going forward. Maybe give a B-guy some time to play? Tje market ismt really filled sith world class left backs... nor right backs for that matter.

New signing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if we can get possibly 2 more attacking superstars for a cheap price we should all go for it? Utter bollocks. This isn't a black friday sale. If the introduction of Griezmann would mean Dembele seeing lesser time or either Suarez or Griezmann fighting for the starting spot, I would rather just stick with having the big 4 we have now. Why do we need one more attacker to complicate things?
    Dembele ever coming good isn't a sure thing. He's talented but may never become real world class.

I think Suarez is already declining, just look at the his performance in autumn.

Messi is noticeably fatigued. Having a player to rotate him with would improve Messi:s performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Paying 100M for a player who plays same position as your best player -who is the greatest in history- is ridiculously stupid too.No matter how good he is
    Nope.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gusjaros View Post
    Dembele ever coming good isn't a sure thing. He's talented but may never become real world class.

I think Suarez is already declining, just look at the his performance in autumn.

Messi is noticeably fatigued. Having a player to rotate him with would improve Messi:s performance.

Nope.
    He's already world class what are you talking about.

The Culest
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's already world class what are you talking about.
    He's a Valverde apologist. Just look at his post history. He even managed to defend Roberto's performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    You are good in cherrypicking and twisting stats. I am proud, you are learning from the best (me), lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBZ8800 View Post
    In some cases, I am not replying if a player whom I hated started to play well, so no pint in arguing currently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    What, the Man City Gabriel Jesus? One of the top10 strikers in the world today?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculously overrated

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either he choked as he usually do, or he is already on Barcas payroll.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morten View Post
    Either he choked as he usually do, or he is already on Barcas payroll.
    Haha he has scored/assisted plenty v Barca and Real.

He did ok. Never really had much on.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Haha he has scored/assisted plenty v Barca and Real.

He did ok. Never really had much on.
    He did ok? He saw plenty of the ball in the 2nd half, he messed up passes, touches, decisions all game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was really poor, thank god, ha, ha.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can’t understand some people here. Griezmann is a world class no doubt. Today he and Costa were left alone in the attack while Saul and Koke did basically nothing. He was playing deep since he couldn’t get the ball from his midfield. What did you expect from him? To dribble past 4 or 5 of our players? Come on...

Today’s game was really hard for attackers, Suarez was also invisible FFS.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol are people forgetting he knocked us out of the CL 2 years ago?