Antoine Griezmann

Ubermensch

A last minute goal to save Simeone.

I wonder why people here talks so less about him. If it's not for our front three, I'll definitely want him to play for us. Not only his finishing, his layoff and one touch passing are among the best I've seen. Very diligent and unselfish as well. Almost a perfect fit for Barca's game. Any signs showed that we have ever interested in him before? He is a bit wasted in Atletico for Simeone's tactics. Surely he will find a team, if not us, to live up to his full potential but hopefully it's not Real Madrid.

Last edited:

xXKonan

A last minute goal to save Simeone.

I wonder why people here talks so less about him. If it's not for our front three, I'll definitely want him to play for us. Not only his finishing, his layoff and one touch passing are among the best I've seen. Very diligent and unselfish as well. Almost a perfect fit for Barca's game. Any signs showed that we have ever interested in him before? He is a bit wasted in Atletico for Simeone's tactics. Surely he will find a team, if not us, to live up to his full potential but hopefully it's not Real Madrid.
If I remember correctly we were interested in him not to long ago when he was at Real Sociedad but decided against it because he was "Too Short". :lol:

El Flaco

If I remember correctly we were interested in him not to long ago when he was at Real Sociedad but decided against it because he was "Too Short". :lol:

We wanted to sign Griezy for Barca B after his debut season for La Real IRRC and he didn't accept it.

El Flaco

Griezmann's goal vs. Sporting Gijón

[gfy]NippyBigheartedImago[/gfy]

Alternative Angles

[gfy]HelpfulBasicIcelandicsheepdog[/gfy]

Bonus: Simeone's reaction after the goal

[gfy]AmusingFancyHornet[/gfy]

Ubermensch

We wanted to sign Griezy for Barca B after his debut season for La Real IRRC and he didn't accept it.

Just found this article and confirmed what you said. But it also claimed that:

After five outstanding seasons with La Real, Griezmann joined Atletico Madrid in July 2014 for a reported fee of 24 million. Once again, the France international was approached by a host of European suitors – including Barcelona – but the forward elected to join Diego Simeone.

Doubt if it's true. That summer we were busy bringing in Suarez. Anyhow I am glad that our scouting team have been doing excellently. Surely a talent as good as Griezmann must have never escaped them. Still hope one day he will play for us though.

EdmondDantes

I just hope he doesn't end up at Real Madrid and they continue buying expensive donkeys like Bale and co. Antoine would be worth the fee.

Home of Barca Fans