Antoine Griezmann

Moe

powered by;
Number 7 is added to the thread title :lol:

Looking forward to having Griezmann. As others mentioned it may become trouble in paradise for Valverde if Barca in fact sign him. The signing is not needed for next year but at the same time it wouldn't be wise to miss on this opportunity especially that Suarez is 31

Kohe321

About time that shirt number 7 can stand for "quality" again, instead of "vacation time!" as it has for the last couple of years.

Why are we acting as if it's been officially announced? Did I miss something? Or is it just Coutinho getting the 14?

I mean, it's pretty obvious at this point, but still...

If we really sign Griezmann Valverde will need to invent some kind of magical formation to use all of them. Rotation is possible only in some games but imagine when we play against Real or City or PSG, none of those 4 would be happy to sit on the bench and one for sure will have to, maybe even two.

Even if we’ll use Coutinho as midfielder there is still one player too much up front.

Dembele-Busquets-Coutinho-Griezmann
-----------Messi---Suarez-----------------

WAY too unstable defensively though. This could work long-term when Suarez declines:

----------------Busquets-----------------------------------
------------?------------------Coutinho--------------------
Dembele------------Messi---------------------Griezmann

Someone like Paulinho would actually slot right in in that ? spot. Such a team could sure use his physicality and off the ball movement to get on the end of chances Coutinho, Messi, Griezmann etc create. And his defensive contribution.

Only other way I can think of is some crazy 3 at the back formation.

Last edited:

Jombi

Why are we acting as if it's been officially announced? Did I miss something? Or is it just Coutinho getting the 14?

I mean, it's pretty obvious at this point, but still...

Dembele-Busquets-Coutinho-Griezmann
-----------Messi---Suarez-----------------

WAY too unstable defensively though. This could work long-term when Suarez declines:

----------------Busquets-----------------------------------
------------?------------------Coutinho--------------------
Dembele------------Messi---------------------Griezmann

Someone like Paulinho would actually slot right in in that ? spot. Such a team could sure use his physicality and off the ball movement to get on the end of chances Coutinho, Messi, Griezmann etc create. And his defensive contribution.

Only other way I can think of is some crazy 3 at the back formation.

In the second formation, Paulinho cant play or move into attacking positions in a team with Messi, Griezmann, Dembele and Coutinho. We would leave huge space in midfield. There is a reason we play with 4 midfielders.

Raketa10

Easy, bench the worst one. Probably Suarez. Signing Griezmann will force someone to lose their spot in our best XI, there's no getting around that.

To be fair Suarez in his current form is better than Griezmann. We will probably bench Dembele than, but benching 105 mil player who is sooooo exciting to watch...I don't know. On the other side if Suarez declines next year which might happen than we might overcome this problem with Griezmann immediately. Also Suarez is the only CF here, Griezmann is more a second striker than true No.9, Demebele is more RW/RM and Coutinho LW/LM/AM. To be fair they are all different. All in all if we sign Griezmann we will witness very interesting competition up front and Messi will be the only one with guaranteed spot. :D

LOL I just realized No.7 is added to the title. :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

vlad

But benching dembele with 20 years, who still needs to develop in WC player, so not giving him full time its not good for him.

Its luxury to have such players but can be also problematic for valverde

Raketa10

why don't we think Icardi instead of Griezmann also a few years later instead of Suarez ?

Because Icardi is not wearing No.7! Duuuh!!! :lol: :lol:

Ok but seriously Icardi is not as good as Griezman and he'll never be, he is also only 2 years younger so he will never reach that level. At that age Griezmann was competing for Ballon d'Or.

Home of Barca Fans