Antoine Griezmann

FCBfan22

Griezmann like a caged bird in Simeone's system.

This is him playing as a left/midfielder and almost as a LB lmao

#MakeGriezGreatAgain

DUADXsEXcAAZLUl.jpg:large

#MakeGriezmanABoxToBoxMidfielderSimeone2018

raskolnikov

Its true. With a team like us he could get 30+ in la liga rather than barely break 20 with Atletico even when he takes the penalties there.

Ronaldinho10

He will have a completely different role in Barca then what he has in Atletico. If he ever comes to Barca we might get to see a completly different player and I have no doubt his goal amounts will rise segnificantly.

serghei

If we get Griezmann as well, our skill on the ball in terms of speed and dribbling ability would be unreal. Basically, you'd have Coutinho, Messi, Griezmann, Dembele all uncontainable in 1 vs 1.

Remember how Griezmann absolutely skinned Pique when we played Atletico.

raskolnikov

We would start to lack height and strength again. Especially if we replace Rakitic with a 170cm guy again we will be back to 3 players above 180
Again with one of them being Busquets who is about as strong in the air as Iniesta. Suarez does a lot of defensive work on set pieces and can also force things in attack with his strength.
With Griezmann we will see parked busses again every match.

serghei

We would start to lack height and strength again. Especially if we replace Rakitic with a 170cm guy again we will be back to 3 players above 180
Again with one of them being Busquets who is about as strong in the air as Iniesta. Suarez does a lot of defensive work on set pieces and can also force things in attack with his strength.
With Griezmann we will see parked busses again every match.

We brought Mina. And we have Pique, Paulinho. Plenty of aerial threat on set pieces. It's not like we use high crosses like Moyes in positional. Our crosses are mostly cutbacks on low height for Messi, Paulinho, Suarez etc.

gasgas

If we get Griezmann as well, our skill on the ball in terms of speed and dribbling ability would be unreal. Basically, you'd have Coutinho, Messi, Griezmann, Dembele all uncontainable in 1 vs 1.

Remember how Griezmann absolutely skinned Pique when we played Atletico.

Well it is not really tough skinning Pique.
With 3 weeks of football training i can do it as well.

You talked about our skills on the ball, what about our skill off it (including defence stability)

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I doubt that all five guys would play at the same time, that would be unbalanced and valverde doesn't like that.

jamrock

He would be overkill, I also think if you find valverde too much talent he won't know what to do with it and we will regress a little.

What we need is another Midfielder and a striker/inside forward that's in his early 20's that as potential to be WC not someone who is already a star player.

And aslo a better version of paco coming off the bench and we will get set, see if we can bring back Pedro on the cheap would be perfect for this roll.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He would be overkill, I also think if you find valverde too much talent he won't know what to do with it and we will regress a little.

What we need is another Midfielder and a striker/inside forward that's in his early 20's that as potential to be WC not someone who is already a star player.

And aslo a better version of paco coming off the bench and we will get set, see if we can bring back Pedro on the cheap would be perfect for this roll.

Once again somebody underestimates valverdes abilities as a coach, look what he did so far with an incomplete squad and injuries, imagine how he'd get on with a full squad.

Also this "younger player" is who exactly? Also how much cheaper would they be compared to griezmann? Why not just get the finished article who is not even that old?

gasgas

You guys are just greedy. If he comes and then there happens a chance to sign a player like Harry kane for 100 m, i wouldn't be surprised if you guys want us to go for him as well.

We absolutely don't need him, especially with our wage budget and the players already on our roster. Teams are built on balance and solidity, not on names and superstars

vlad

That mid, attack will defend shit, on PES they would do wonders, but in real life, every decent team capable to counter attack will do problems, and that line up looks far from how valverde is seeing things at the moment

Maybe barca should fire him and get paco jemez?

Edit: i would take exampl from R. Madrid , their best year was when they had proper DM, makelele and casimeiro, barca doesnt have proper DM, busquets is unique DM, not pure defender, with so much force in attack +griezmann, that is not squad for winning CL, la liga probably yes.

A. Madrid were 2 times in CL final, juventus 2 times in 3 years, yes they lost it vs great balanced squad, but they showed how with great defence you can go far in CL, pep barca couldnt win 2 times in a row CL, they were out because they faced teams who were great in defending, so its not all about attack.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Kante is not required, what's needed is a controlling midfield player, paulinho provides the physical element if needed.

Home of Barca Fans