Antoine Griezmann

Ritchie

Exactly right about Firmino !!

I raved about him a while back and got slaughtered as usual but he is the focal point of Liverpools attack and he'd be brilliant for us .. I mentioned swapping Suarez back to Liverpool for him but it didn't go down too well :)

He's like a peak Benzema. Brings the best out of the attack around him. Messi, Coutinho, Firmino and Dembele could be a great front line.I don't see where Griezmann fits into it.

El Flaco

He's like a peak Benzema. Brings the best out of the attack around him. Messi, Coutinho, Firmino and Dembele could be a great front line.I don't see where Griezmann fits into it.

Benzema still does that jobb for RM despite his diminishing goalscoring production, but Firmino definitely fits the profile and brings in goals.

Also, Firmino's release clause is reportedly "only" €80m which is relatively cheap in today's market.

Edit: My bad, it was actually €98m.

FCBfan22

Benzema still does that jobb for RM despite his diminishing goalscoring production, but Firmino definitely fits the profile and brings in goals.

Also, Firmino's release clause is reportedly "only" €80m which is relatively cheap in today's market.

Wait, Firmino has a release clause?

Joan

Benzema offers everything Firminho does, but some seem to ignore Benz once used to be a good goalscorer.
Their whole carers taken into account - minutes for goal:
Benz 143
Firminho 235

Prime Benzema was much better, though I agree they are similar.

El Flaco

Wait, Firmino has a release clause?

[tw]805915258825084929[/tw]

Benzema offers everything Firminho does, but some seem to ignore Benz once used to be a good goalscorer.
Their whole carers taken into account - minutes for goal:
Benz 143
Firminho 235

Prime Benzema was much better, though I agree they are similar.

Benz constantly scored 20+ goals in all comps for years whereas Firmino has only done that 2x in his career and yet to score 20+ league goals.

Never mind that a 'finished' Benzema has nearly made as many assists & created chances per 90 as Firmino this season.

FCBfan22

It seems that Griezmann is coming for the money first and foremost, not for the trophies.

[tw]976349463164829696[/tw]

BarçaBarça

We also needed that for Coutinho :lol:

Exactly. Our revenue with Beko + Nike + Rakuten makes 2018 a year where we earn something like 60M€/year more than 2 years ago, so that shouldn't be the decisive factor.
AND: Maybe Iniesta is leaving, and that would mean a lot in terms of both wage and team-quality.

FinBarcelonafan

Iniesta is leaving so that opens a lot of salary. Should be enough for Griez? I hope.

Still tough to picture Griez with Barca. Do we need him? Midfield is still our weakness.

Alik

SKS-

If reports are true and he comes, surely Suarez is on the way out no? If not, double pivot hasn't really been our thing and it would be a little awkward to phase out Dembele. Meh, who knows.

Androutsos

It's funny seeing people on Twitter etc saying we should just keep Suarez and the 100 million and invest in La Masia 'because that is what Barcelona does' lol in reality we would be lucky if someone like Abel Ruiz even became as good as Paco.

xXKonan

According to Cat radio, Griezmann's family was in Barcelona again looking for houses and his sister met with someone important from the Board.

Home of Barca Fans